[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
The wages saved alone will pay for the construction fencing to be erected around the area that won't get built on :)

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Palace have re-sighed two of those 22 and will be offering contracts to at least 5 others. I would say there are quite a few on that list who only played a couple of games la st season.

That's still a fair chunk though, you must be hoping Benteke shows the form he did in the last few games rather than the three seasons, or so, before that!

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
That's still a fair chunk though, you must be hoping Benteke shows the form he did in the last few games rather than the three seasons, or so, before that!

Given that he has scored about a third of his total goals for Palace in the last six months as his contract was expiring, wouldn't they have been better advised to give him a six month contract?

:J)

Jul 7, 2003
Brighton
The Free Transfer List is a list of players who are out of contract and who haven't been offered a new deal. Of course, the club could subsequently change its mind and offer that player a deal after all, at some later date, but what sort of a tinpot outfit would do that?

Welbeck isn't on the Albion Free Transfer List because he HAS been offered a new deal; he appears on the Retained List with an "(o)" against his name:-

View attachment 137432

(No guarantee, of course, that he will sign that deal, but it has at least been offered).

Glad to see we've retained the services of Benjamin White. I've heard he's pretty decent.

Motogull

Todd Warrior
Sep 16, 2005
Interesting times for that lot. The longer they take to appoint a manager the better as whoever gets that gig has a lot of work to do. Seems like Dyche is staying at Burnley so smug Eddie maybe? Who I think would be a terrible choice so here's hoping they go for him in about a month...

Its a mess but never mind. You would have thought that Beaky had Roy's replacement lined up before letting him go. To fail to do so would be reckless. I can see the appeal in 'keeping the band together' so using covid as a reason to negotiate cheaper contracts with players out of one, but its risky. At this rate, Beaky might have to give Roy a call.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Its a mess but never mind. You would have thought that Beaky had Roy's replacement lined up before letting him go. To fail to do so would be reckless. I can see the appeal in 'keeping the band together' so using covid as a reason to negotiate cheaper contracts with players out of one, but its risky. At this rate, Beaky might have to give Roy a call.

But Dougie who posts on here knew who their new man was weeks ago... let me find the quote...

6 weeks ago :lol: No wonder his own fans don’t want him on their board - trying to be ‘in the know’ - I will remind you this is a ‘bloke’ in his late 50’s / early 60’s too :ffsparr:

I must admit this season has been turgid. Roy has done brilliantly with the tools at his disposal but the change will come at the end of the season.
Hearing good things about his replacement and his plans for the future. A good time to be a palace fan :smile:

Last edited:

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
But Dougie who posts on here knew who their new man was weeks ago... let me find the quote...

6 weeks ago :lol: No wonder his own fans don’t want him on their board - trying to be ‘in the know’ - I will remind you this is a ‘bloke’ in his late 50’s / early 60’s too :ffsparr:

I'd say he was disillusional but that would be insulting to illusions.

More like on planet Zargon.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Given that he has scored about a third of his total goals for Palace in the last six months as his contract was expiring, wouldn't they have been better advised to give him a six month contract?

Yes, spot on, and negotiate the next one three months in :lolol::lolol::lolol:

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I see that Steve Cooper is favourite with the bookies for the Palace manager job.
I don't think he'd get the pulses racing.

Providing he's finished his filming with the Harry Potter franchise in his "Dobby" role!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Can’t see this happening, someone with more experience I reckon :wink:

Experience at what, the Palace way? I'd try Ernst & Young!

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Would this be Brighton’s fans biggest fear ?

Nowhere near, we have Tony Bloom, and all the time you have a wealthy owner, who is a true fan, chairing your club with a great CEO and Tech team, investing in your academy, raising standards and achievement sustainably, you're in a good place.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Horrible comedown for Nuno if he is seriously in the frame. Palace must be offering him an absolute kings ransom, plus promises of a massive budget to rebuild their decimated squad, otherwise why on earth would he go to that ailing shabby mess of a football club ?

Its like Kylie shacking up with Johnny Vegas.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports