[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
It's not like consistent results in the League was ever a strong point last season either (I assume we still haven't won more than 2 league games on the bounce under De Zerbi?).
And we sold two important midfielders over the summer.
And despite all the doom and gloom, we are still higher up the table and have more points and a better goal difference after 11 games than we did last season.

And we're playing Ajax tomorrow.

And we're above Palace.

If this is having our season wrecked by Europe I'll take it every year.
Agreed

But IMO our best performances this season, haven't been as good as many of our bad results last season.
Work to be done to get the squad up to the same level as last season.
Happy with the progress so far though.

Sid and the Sharknados

NSC Patron
Sep 4, 2022
Darlington
Agreed

But IMO our best performances this season, haven't been as good as many of our bad results last season.
Work to be done to get the squad up to the same level as last season.
Happy with the progress so far though.
As you say, the squad itself isn't at the level it was last season. Throw in some extra rotation (probably motivated as much by the burnout that seemed to affect some players towards the end of last season as by any extra games we have) and youthful inconsistency and I don't see any need to cite the Curse of the Europa to explain why we haven't hit the heights yet.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
As you say, the squad itself isn't at the level it was last season. Throw in some extra rotation (probably motivated as much by the burnout that seemed to affect some players towards the end of last season as by any extra games we have) and youthful inconsistency and I don't see any need to cite the Curse of the Europa to explain why we haven't hit the heights yet.
…..and the rotation may prove to be fantastic prep for the second half of the season as other teams in a similar position start to fade…..time will tell

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Palace fans are certainly jealous of the European tour, but is it having a knock on effect on Premier League performance? Certainly looks like the previous habits of lots of possession but not many shots are reappearing. Is this down to fatigue? Injuries? Asking for a friend, as its clear Palace wont need to worry about this for a while

To be honest I think there is evidence of fatigue in players such as Mitoma, International duty didn't help, but to me he's one playing below par

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

Waxing chumps like candles since ‘75
Oct 4, 2003
It's not like consistent results in the League was ever a strong point last season either (I assume we still haven't won more than 2 league games on the bounce under De Zerbi?).

We won 3 Premier League games in a row earlier this season. Newcastle (h), Man Utd (a), Bournemouth (h) all by the score of 3-1. This was the first time we'd won 3 league games on the bounce since our second PL season when we beat West Ham (h), Newcastle (a) and Wolves (h), we won all three of those games under Chris Hughton 1-0. So we've never been a side to go on a long winning streak in the PL.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
1000008737.jpg

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
probably, but twats like you would still pretend your blackshirts are decent folk.

Bunch of racist pricks.
I don’t like them. But they are not racists and have had a few run ins with another palace group over their racism.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
I don’t like them. But they are not racists and have had a few run ins with another palace group over their racism.
Right wing black shirts revelling in the suggestion of violence. That better? Does that make what they aspire to ok?

Do you think that their obvious failure to be what they so want to be seen as makes it OK? I don't. Whilst they are a laughing stock, their celebration of racist thugs is not ok by me.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
What ever you think of the ultras, they are not racist in fact quite the opposite.

There are twats in every club, this is one palace are now rid of.
They dress in uniform, desperately try to look aggressive, march in unison and treat the true football fans like second class citizens because they are thoroughly good chaps?

You are as deluded as Palace get if you really believe that.

Amsterdam is a fantastic city to watch your team play in btw

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Palace fans are certainly jealous of the European tour, but is it having a knock on effect on Premier League performance? Certainly looks like the previous habits of lots of possession but not many shots are reappearing. Is this down to fatigue? Injuries? Asking for a friend, as its clear Palace wont need to worry about this for a while
We're currently 7th having already played against Man City, Liverpool, Newcastle, Man Utd, Villa in the first 11 games - a fairly tough start I'd say.

All in all, very happy and with the likes of Enciso, Estupinan, Moder and (hopefully) March still to return, things are looking pretty good atm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports