Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
Oh no doubt….I don’t blame you either.

It’s just looking down your noses to teams below you I am not so sure about.
You've done it to us for years (not you personally) but @Dougie etc.
We've finished 6th in the PL & are in the Europa League, of course we're going to enjoy it. However, that doesn't mean we're looking down our noses to Luton who are joining us in the PL. They're there on merit and probably won't give it the 'best team ever' crap, I don't suppose they have 'Luton Ultras' who cause a load of trouble & will need extensive policing for our home match either. Their ground is more Goldstone, than the Goldstone.
I'd feel ashamed if any of our lot were causing trouble around Lutons 'literal' front doors around their stadium. We don't look down our noses at football clubs. We do however mock clubs that have 'ringfenced' money to build a new stand, that was supposed to be completed ages ago. Maybe we mock because we know what can happen if you lot don't stand up & stop your owners taking money out of your club without putting infrastructure in (in the literal sense when it comes to the stand).
As far as I'm aware, you're the only visiting club that have broken in, kicked their own supporters out of their seats & injured their own stewards that had to be drafted in because some of your travelling fanbase are such complete nightmares.
It's a big deal to be able to go to a home match against Palace when your a kid, that isn't a good thing!!! I shouldn't have to deal with the grief of effectively being kettled in my own ground as we're playing you, when against any other team we can have open concourses & we can have a beer with opposing fans after the match. You kicked your own supporters out of their seats at your home ground to prioritize the 'ultras'. Meanwhile in BHA land, we're all arguing whether it's right to ask long term STH holders if they'd mind moving down a few rows so we can have safe standing at the back of the North Stand.
We're not looking down our noses at teams.

Last edited:

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

Absolutely, who gives a shit about other teams.

:lolol:

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

We are only looking down our noses at you, as we were told we won't do well in the Prem and to know our place, and there are teachers and students.

You lot have look down your nose at us for as long as I can remember.

It's our time now and I'm sure we will revel in this. You've had a massive head start and not really done anything with it.

B-right-on

Living the dream
Apr 23, 2015
Shoreham Beaaaach
Without wading through pages of stuff, has the SEGW left Stade-de-Clad on a free ?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
I personally have no problem with it and my mates I go with don’t seem bothered also the pole on the BBS seems favourable.

I mean Coppell and Murray are heroes and going back even further oRilley, let’s face it it’s a job to them only the most biased fan could not appreciate the job Potter did at BHA
and Mullery wasn't it?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Not so popular, but he was only the part of the problem.
Looking likely for Potter now, I think he'd do great job for you, but will the Board back his back room staff ambitions?

Stato

Dec 21, 2011
Looking likely for Potter now, I think he'd do great job for you, but will the Board back his back room staff ambitions?
Potter's also linked with Leciester, Leeds and now Celtic too. If I were him, I'd have my doubts about the Palace board's commitment to a project. They sacked Vieira after a 12 game winless streak against only top half sides. Winless streaks will definitely happen with Potter. When it happened to Tony Bloom, he backed him because he could see the performances were there. Parish failed to see this with Vieira, although it was there. Palace actually played well against us and Vieira would have ended the season with similar results to Hodgson's against the bottom half. Potter needs a chairman with a long term view. This is a key career step for him. After the Chelsea farago, if his next employer also doesn't have the patience for slow improvement, the reputational hit for GP could be permanent.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
Potter's also linked with Leciester, Leeds and now Celtic too. If I were him, I'd have my doubts about the Palace board's commitment to a project. They sacked Vieira after a 12 game winless streak against only top half sides. Winless streaks will definitely happen with Potter. When it happened to Tony Bloom, he backed him because he could see the performances were there. Parish failed to see this with Vieira, although it was there. Palace actually played well against us and Vieira would have ended the season with similar results to Hodgson's against the bottom half. Potter needs a chairman with a long term view. This is a key career step for him. After the Chelsea farago, if his next employer also doesn't have the patience for slow improvement, the reputational hit for GP could be permanent.
Palace did play well against us. However that was after goodness knows how many games without a win, goal or even a shot on target. They were terrible under Viera and I sincerely wish they hadn't got rid of him.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Palace did play well against us. However that was after goodness knows how many games without a win, goal or even a shot on target. They were terrible under Viera and I sincerely wish they hadn't got rid of him.
Plus the fact he never started Eze, he used to bring him on with 10 to go.

Most palace fans wanted Viera to do well and were sorry it didn’t work out, but there really was no go in the team , 4 games without a shot on target….Roy’s first game we had something like24 in the first half. In that run of 12 we lost to Nottingham Forest , Villa , Fulham and a woeful Chelsea side.

I would think if you can see progress you stay with the project. You might not like him but Parish is a very successful business man and wouldn’t be making too many quick fire off the cuff decisions without looking into what is actually happening.

stewart12

Jan 16, 2019
I would think if you can see progress you stay with the project. You might not like him but Parish is a very successful business man and wouldn’t be making too many quick fire off the cuff decisions without looking into what is actually happening.

that's the thing- we had 2 years of very little progress under Potter including long winless runs, terrible results against bottom half sides and a poor home record. Positions wise we didn't improve on what Hughton had achieved really. He would have been sacked by a lot of clubs in those first two years. It was only in his 3rd year that we saw any progress when things started to click but he wouldn't get that far at a lot of clubs. Palace included in that in my opinion

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Plus the fact he never started Eze, he used to bring him on with 10 to go.

Most palace fans wanted Viera to do well and were sorry it didn’t work out, but there really was no go in the team , 4 games without a shot on target….Roy’s first game we had something like24 in the first half. In that run of 12 we lost to Nottingham Forest , Villa , Fulham and a woeful Chelsea side.

Parish is a very successful business man, but that doesn't mean he takes a long term view on situations concerning Palace.

For most of your time in the Premier League you haven't had the sort of squad that would "come straight back up".
You also don't appear to have the financial commitment, from the owners, to fund it.

For that reason Parish is forced to make knee-jerk decisions based on his view on the risk.
Hence his comments on sacking Vieira before luck became part of the equation.

Potter notoriously takes a while to get his methods across.
A slow start and a challenging set of fixtures in the first couple of months, could trigger Parish to react swiftly again.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It was 100% worth them getting there for the Pardew dad dancing. The fact that they walked away with nothing and lost to a goal scored by an ex Albion loanee made it sweeter.
And with Utd down to 10 men at the time.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here