Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Palace Fans Biggest Fear

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
Your subtle thing about how we are a top 6 team may have been too subtle and a "big 6" team came to mind there.
No a top 6; hence we only had 10 games as we can’t play ourselves, can we?

I mean we could compare wins against the so-called big 6 as well if you want: Brighton 6, Palace 0.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Good on you, Dougal, you can get settled in for another season of 13th and 46 points then.
Well yes TBH, There are many many teams in lower divisions that have gone to “ the next level” then a few years later it all goes pop, the odd cup run and stability will do for this old boy.

A day with mates a few pints and a game of football does me.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
What would the 5th have been? I know we battered Newcastle at home, but they took the points fairly due to Nick Pope’s keeping. I can’t remember any controversial VAR.
I didn’t get the Pope praise after that game most of the shots were straight at him or a bit powder puff. Typical of a Potter non scoring performance.

Dougie

Jan 11, 2012
Well yes TBH, There are many many teams in lower divisions that have gone to “ the next level” then a few years later it all goes pop, the odd cup run and stability will do for this old boy.

Yep , look at Leicester.
Meeting mates who travel up or down to games is the day for me , football being a slight distraction.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton

But them clubs are not well run and change owners and direction like Saints, Leicester, and Swansea.

We are yet to see what a well run club with a clear direction and plan can do. Of course recruitment is key, and we appear to be smashing it out of the park recently.

I know posters like @Dougie are convinced we will mess it up next season and it will be even sweater if we build on this season and smash it again.

A bit like the second season syndrome we were going to experience, only defying the odds and getting to Europe a few years later.

Progress.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
But them clubs are not well run and change owners and direction like Saints, Leicester, and Swansea.

We are yet to see what a well run club with a clear direction and plan can do. Of course recruitment is key, and we appear to be smashing it out of the park recently.

I know posters like @Dougie are convinced we will mess it up next season and it will be even sweater if we build on this season and smash it again.

A bit like the second season syndrome we were going to experience, only defying the odds and getting to Europe a few years later.

Progress.
One never knows, Southampton at the time and Leicester where thought of as the way to go, only the sad death of owners derailed them.

I hope nothing like that happens to Bloom, but a poor manager choice a few injuries a poor run and lack of confidence can happen to any club bar the top big hitters….if BHA can keep this up over 2 or 3 seasons then you can rightly be Billy big bollocks.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
One never knows, Southampton at the time and Leicester where thought of as the way to go, only the sad death of owners derailed them.

I hope nothing like that happens to Bloom, but a poor manager choice a few injuries a poor run and lack of confidence can happen to any club bar the top big hitters….if BHA can keep this up over 2 or 3 seasons then you can rightly be Billy big bollocks.
I think we can be Billy big bollocks right now to be fair, our highest league finish, FA cup semi at Wembley, Europa League qualification, great manager and squad, the best chairman in football, exciting brand of football., award winning concourse...

Life is REALLY good as a Brighton fan.

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
I think we can be Billy big bollocks right now to be fair, our highest league finish, FA cup semi at Wembley, Europa League qualification, great manager and squad, the best chairman in football, exciting brand of football., award winning concourse...

Oh no doubt….I don’t blame you either.

It’s just looking down your noses to teams below you I am not so sure about.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
IMG_0434.gif

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
What would the 5th have been? I know we battered Newcastle at home, but they took the points fairly due to Nick Pope’s keeping. I can’t remember any controversial VAR.
Don't worry, I was being daft. For a moment I thought Spurs were a top 6 club :ROFLMAO:

ConfusedGloryHunter

He/him/his/that muppet
Jul 6, 2011
No a top 6; hence we only had 10 games as we can’t play ourselves, can we?

I mean we could compare wins against the so-called big 6 as well if you want: Brighton 6, Palace 0.
Huh? I know, I got it. I was trying to figure out why @Triggaaar was talking about a 5th win that should have been. The only robberies I can remember came against lower level teams.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there

You have to make the most of it because it is unlikely to last, that's the very point. Live it while it happens.

Without the massive cash injections of city, Newcastle, man utd and the rest it will never last for very long.

Someone will pinch de zerbi before long, along with the world class players in our squad. But we'll still progress.

Our current success is even more heartening given Palace have spunked all their cash on high salaries for bang average players over the last ten years. That following repeat admin to avoid paying their way. That extra 4 years of PL revenue wasted.

Mind the bloody gap!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

All of this in a season where we’ll have made well over 100m profit, so all done without going all in on the financial front and risking the club’s future.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014

You forgot to mention the pies

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here