Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans being kept in after whistle...?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Will the old tactic of keeping away fans in after the match ever be used again? The club needs home fans to hang around at the stadium to ease the load on trains and buses transporting the fans away, so even if they keep away fans in for an hour (and how many fans would accept being held in for an hour?) when they are let out there will still be a significant number of home fans who will have had a few more pints than those at full time.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am sure that I read somewhere that it is against the law (Human Rights Act) to keep 1 set of supporters in the ground after the game and allow the others to leave. My grandson was a little worried about coming to the Palace game as he is very anti violence in fact he doesnt even like his parents arguing and was concerned about the viloence at Falmer station after the game v Leeds. I didnt go to the game as I am away in the New Forest and watched it on TV but reading this thread there doesnt appear to have been any trouble at the Leeds game. I dont envisage any at this game.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Falmer residents get an early wiff of the great unwashed of Croydon !!

Attachments

• Michael and Betty Clements.jpg
    Michael and Betty Clements.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 316

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
We was kept in and around selhurst for 2 hrs in the 5-0 defeat,we should do the same.:lol:
Yeah, that was outrageous. We didn't get to Norwood Junction till about 7pm. The match finished at 4.45!

Stu1

Sep 21, 2004
Leeds
Purely for what happened to us they should be kept in for an hour, let out and held on the bridge to be crushed and then put onto trains directly to Thornton heath irrespective of where they live or if they have a car and there should be the whole police force out to use it as a training exercise.

Feb 24, 2011
Upper Bevendean
I am sure there will be a few dickheads on BOTH sides, who want to knock each others head off. But I envisage a cracking atmosphere, with some great banter and most people behaving like adults. Treating people like cattle, is probably the best way to ensure trouble. Keeping people in and then heavy handed old bill and stewards, will always get peoples backs up.

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I was at the 5-0 sadly, I remember being held in for a while but was it really TWO hours?

No. It was about 25/30 minutes at the stadium and then a walk towards Norwood Junction. I didn't get to Norwood Junction as I left the group of Albion fans to pick up a bus home (I lived in south London then). I was held for about 40 minutes. I don't know how long people had to wait at Norwood Junction, it's conceivable that there was a long wait for a train so two hours could be feasible but that would be due to transport delays.

Arkwright

Arkwright
Oct 26, 2010
Caterham, Surrey
The day of the 5 nil I was living in Caterham Surrey at the time and didn't get back to the Surrey Hounds, Caterham until 7.30pm to be greeted by a load of gloating Palace fans.

Police kept us hanging round Norwood Junction for ages, it was something like the 7pm train to Caterham we caught.

I seem to remember having a police horses arse in my face for a while which wasn't too pleasant.

I think we should move on and forget it, let everyone out together, I'm sure the police can channel both sets of fans away without any trouble. Those days are long gone.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here