Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace fans being kept in after whistle...?

sams dad

I hate Palarse
Feb 7, 2004
The Hill of The Gun
Why so worried? The old bill with be all over the place and will jump on anything that kicks off.

I am ho hard man and don't go looking for fights or anything. But this is palace, if they want to kick off then I for one will stand my ground, if someone swings a fist at me then I'll swing one back. f***'em, won't run, won't be intimidated and if they want to start something I'll show them my teeth!

Ha ha, very good.

Seriously though, why are so many people worried about this? It's simple really, go about your business as usual but don't let anyone take the piss. Stand together and stand up to them, it's palace ffs!

Well said, sir.:thumbsup:

BHAryan

BHAryan
Feb 8, 2011
Worthing
The 'banter' between Leeds and BHA under the bridge fri nearly kicked off and that was 3-3 and they're not rivals! If they have that lack of stewards/police against our biggest rivals after we stuff them tues it could well go! Also in the ground there were hardly any stewards separating the two sets!

i was under the bridge amongst loads of leeds fans and still sung brighton songs, no trouble whatsoever, dont know what you consider 'kicking off' seemed fine to me

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
No idea about the holding back, but the North stand is DEFINATELY closed to away fans as it was for the Leeds match. Back to normal for the Hull match.

Leeds fans were going to be allowed into the North Stand concourses but the stewards said that a fair few of them went a bit silly with that last minute equaliser, so the decision was taken to not let them in.

If the result had been 3-2, there would have been a higher probability of them being allowed, they said.

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
Leeds fans were going to be allowed into the North Stand concourses but the stewards said that a fair few of them went a bit silly with that last minute equaliser, so the decision was taken to not let them in.

If the result had been 3-2, there would have been a higher probability of them being allowed, they said.

Interesting. Didn't know the decision had been made that late. Have been told in advance that the North stand will be shut to Palace fans, but maybe this isn't final and depends on their behaviour on the night?

champion7

fast and furious
Feb 12, 2007
Benfield Heights
I can assure everyone of you that;

1)there will be no holding back away fans,as it would be very stupid to do so,
2)they will not have access to home concourses at the end of the game.

Both of these points are fact as i work the south stand and have discussed this with the safety officer before the carling cup game.The dicision to stop Leeds going into home areas at the end of the game was made at half-time not full time as someone stated.

bazbha

Mar 18, 2011
Hailsham
I've heard that all police leave in the entie country has been cancelled & the use of water cannon & plastic bullets has been authorised for this clash of the most vicious hooligans ever known. Millwall & West Ham are sending scouts to learn tips from our vicious firms & local hospitals are on standby for the expected hundreds of casualties. On a serious note there will probably be a few clashes near the ground that last a few seconds but i very much doubt anything more serious. But no doubt the following day people on here will be describing 10 blokes pointing fingers & jumping around a bit as the equivalent of the first day of the Somme!

Washie

Jun 20, 2011
Eastbourne

leeds fans attacked catering staff at half time, thats why they stopped leeds fans going in.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Palace will be leaving in their droves from the 70th minute anyway,i predict a 6-1 scoreline,laying to rest the ghost of 5-0.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Let's play them off the park, show them what a proper atmosphere sounds like and enjoy the occasion. Loads of Leeds travelling back to Lewes on Friday, not a hint of trouble, sure same will apply Tuesday.

LA1972

May 20, 2009
West Sussex
The best way to get 2 opposing groups of football fans to behave in an aggressive and hostile manner is to put a line of police between them!
Let them mingle, with no police, and everyone seems to become rational human beings. IMO

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
After the agro at SP when we won in 2005 would suggest there will be a lot of bother after the game. I certainly won't be wearing my best suit to work Tuesday....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here