Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace earned £73.2 million from TV rights this season

andy1980

Feb 23, 2009
another season like that, and they would have had as much money bought into the club as we have had with Tony Bloom. Show how greatful we really should be to him.

We will have to wait and see what Palace get out of it, we know we have a training ground and stadium, will Palaces be just 2 seasons in the Prem?

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
In the last 20 years Brighton have lost a ground, played 150 mile round trip from home, always played lower league (mostly lowest 2 league) football, played at an athletics track with temporary stands with no roof and never played premier league football. But Brighton get a ground, play championship football and are again the 9th or 10th best supported club in the country again. Palace have never been outside the top two divisions, played premier league numerous times and but 2 seasons ago would get 11000 at home to Bristol City. Now they are again swanning around the Premier League. Again I ask, when will this club get a side that the fans at Brighton deserve?

Palace had an 11,000 gate against Bristol City a few years ago? Wow, how come you've never mentioned this before WCP?

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
All you have to do is take a team that are championship relegation favourites watch the manager walk out on you then install a new manager who doesn't win a game in 9!
Then sneak in to the play off's and then beat your fiercest rivals on their own turf and then watch your manager walk again,
3 points after 10 games then take ions choosing a new manager whilst Nsc went in to melt down saying how we'd go down with the lowest points total in history, then go and stay up with accolades coming from all over the place
Am not going to be too hard on you all because I realise how awful it must be to lose two play off semi's in two years.
What I loved the most is reading all these bitter threads, going over the managers fiasco thread made me laugh and almost feel sorry for you.:nono:

Keep your chins up and who knows you too could make it to the prem one day soon, Sherwood will get you there if you sign him but one thing is certain until you beat us in a game of such magnitude BHA are 2nd best you might as well learn to live with it:p:kiss::lolol:

What the feck has that got to do with my point.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I think the only viable solution would be for you to have your own football club for which, bedecked in a crown of discarded beer can ring pulls arranged into a crown on your head, you carry a crossbar on your back for a 150 mile round trip for each home game? Only one spectator is deigned worthy to attend each game of course, but what a spectator he is.

I think you will find WCP attended a total of zero Albion games this season. He's a spoof account, I won't reveal his alter ego, but he makes ENREST's breathless scoops from the Cliftonville seem riveting.

In the last 20 years Brighton have lost a ground, played 150 mile round trip from home, always played lower league (mostly lowest 2 league) football, played at an athletics track with temporary stands with no roof and never played premier league football. But Brighton get a ground, play championship football and are again the 9th or 10th best supported club in the country again. Palace have never been outside the top two divisions, played premier league numerous times and but 2 seasons ago would get 11000 at home to Bristol City. Now they are again swanning around the Premier League. Again I ask, when will this club get a side that the fans at Brighton deserve?

All you have to do is take a team that are championship relegation favourites watch the manager walk out on you then install a new manager who doesn't win a game in 9!
Then sneak in to the play off's and then beat your fiercest rivals on their own turf and then watch your manager walk again,
3 points after 10 games then take ions choosing a new manager whilst Nsc went in to melt down saying how we'd go down with the lowest points total in history, then go and stay up with accolades coming from all over the place
Am not going to be too hard on you all because I realise how awful it must be to lose two play off semi's in two years.
What I loved the most is reading all these bitter threads, going over the managers fiasco thread made me laugh and almost feel sorry for you.

Keep your chins up and who knows you too could make it to the prem one day soon, Sherwood will get you there if you sign him but one thing is certain until you beat us in a game of such magnitude BHA are 2nd best you might as well learn to live with it :p:D:lolol:

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
It would be one way of insuring Brighton receive more income to pay off their debts without achieving on pitch success, which seems to be the desire of some.

Because we all know you can't have both.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Personally I do not pay the Sky subscription which I find too expensive. There are other ways to watch live football I believe.

If by live, you mean actually going to watch it, then yes, that's the best way.

Though there is a point to consider here, yes, there are ways to watch live (Sky/EPL) football on TV , but does that take money out of the clubs and the EPL and put it into criminal organisations? I know in some countries you can 'officially' subscribe to card sharing setups, you can buy the boxes and sign up the subscriptions on the high street in Cyprus for example, but the subscription is unregulated, run by, well no-one knows, and based on the use of illegal card sharing. Sky, the EPL and the clubs get none of the money that viewers pay for these services.

If there was no way to watch it then one of 2 things could happen, i) subscriptions could be lower, ii) the EPL, Sky and the clubs would get even more money. I think I know which one it would be.

Del Fenner

Because of Boxing Day
Sep 5, 2011
An Away Terrace

How long is it now that you have supported Chelsea?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Try not to get too bitter guys, shit happens :down:

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex

I know I shouldn't...but I went back into the stats to look up this fact, and WCP is correct Palace had on Tuesday the 18 of November 11,869 v Bristol city, on the Saturday the 26 BHA had 19,108 v Nottingham forest.

But the stunning fact is 1 year, yes 1 year earlier BHA had 7407 at home on the 20th of November, not even a sell out!! now TBH having been to the withdean a few times I dont blame fans for not going but if WCP wants to beat Palace with this low crowd on a cold November tuesday night, its a rather poor and boring stat...

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I know I shouldn't...but I went back into the stats to look up this fact, and WCP is correct Palace had on Tuesday the 18 of November 11,869 v Bristol city, on the Saturday the 26 BHA had 19,108 v Nottingham forest.

But the stunning fact is 1 year, yes 1 year earlier BHA had 7407 at home on the 20th of November, not even a sell out!! now TBH having been to the withdean a few times I dont blame fans for not going but if WCP wants to beat Palace with this low crowd on a cold November tuesday night, its a rather poor and boring stat...

Is that the game where the Police FLO revealed there was less than 10,000 inside the ground despite it being a Groupon deal ?

loz

Apr 27, 2009
W.Sussex
Is that the game where the Police FLO revealed there was less than 10,000 inside the ground despite it being a Groupon deal ?

I dont really know TBH, but what I do remember it was a piss awful game and F-ing cold. My son and my mates son did not go because it was a school night, and as all 4 of us are season ticket holders there might well have been less than 10,000 in?? But does it matter? that was my point, we can all point to certain games. The Coventry game 7404 is not a sell out but certain people on here would have us think that BHA have always played in front of packed houses, when they haven't, and again, so what!!

As for the groupon thing (one of modern days things I have no idea about!!) is that not for kids? and if not is Tuesday night in November the best night to have one??

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I dont really know TBH, but what I do remember it was a piss awful game and F-ing cold. My son and my mates son did not go because it was a school night, and as all 4 of us are season ticket holders there might well have been less than 10,000 in?? But does it matter? that was my point, we can all point to certain games. The Coventry game 7404 is not a sell out but certain people on here would have us think that BHA have always played in front of packed houses, when they haven't, and again, so what!!

As for the groupon thing (one of modern days things I have no idea about!!) is that not for kids? and if not is Tuesday night in November the best night to have one??

WCP is a wind up merchant, we don't take him seriously, don't fall for it either.

He's also posted that he watches Chelsea and Brentford at home, and lives in London, he's as real as Postman Pat.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town

Groupon is all about shifting unwanted tickets at half price or less for games against unattractive opposition in a midweek fixture , dishing out a couple of thousand free tickets to schoolkids for a Saturday game is entirely different.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here