Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace earned £73.2 million from TV rights this season

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
I'd agree with that. I'd be happy to see money pushed back towards the lower leagues. Imagine how many teams would benefit/still be in existence if some (not all) is distributed throughout the levels.

It would be one way of insuring Brighton receive more income to pay off their debts without achieving on pitch success, which seems to be the desire of some.

Feb 14, 2010
It's not a proud moment to announce I am a mod, but I'm sorely tempted to put WCP on my ignore list, if that is possible.

Are the HOF or whoever they are, still against modern football?

As a matter of interest were you at the York Cit replay, or Darlington at home and the rest Barrel of Fun? I was, I earned my stripes and have also known this clubs history for generations of family who have followed this club. I mention as I wonder your pedigree other than being a mod on an internet forum

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
It won't take Pulis long to get through that money and it will be interesting what sort of players he goes for this time round.

This bigger problem for Palace is how he will split the fans into the ones that hate the binary results and style of play and the ones who love the fact they won't go down.

You won't get a revolution or evolution with Pulis

Feb 14, 2010
Its also right that a rich man is someone who saves a £1 from what it earns and a poor man someone who spends a £ more. The figures are huge but in reality, it just means players earn more

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
i didnt see zaha leave after the administration or did you miss those penalties the year they wen up and the £zillions United paid for him a few months later?

You thick ****, Zaha was still a bloody youth player when Palace were last in admin. At least try and argue from a position of strength rather than just making stuff up.

dabadass_209

May 9, 2014
i didnt see zaha leave after the administration or did you miss those penalties the year they wen up and the £zillions United paid for him a few months later?

Zaha had played like, 1 game at that time - nobody knew about him.

edit: They did lose Moses however, who was sold to Chelsea for £9million 2 years later. So, you are pretty wrong.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As a matter of interest were you at the York Cit replay, or Darlington at home and the rest Barrel of Fun? I was, I earned my stripes and have also known this clubs history for generations of family who have followed this club. I mention as I wonder your pedigree other than being a mod on an internet forum

I wasn't at the York replay. I had lessons to attend. I was threatened with suspension on the first one. I've seen Darlington at home before.

You are a broken record when it comes to attendances and so on. You must realise that our attendances don't mirror our performances on the field. If you knew anything about our history, you would see they don't correlate.

Aren't you also a Chelsea fan?

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
It would be one way of insuring Brighton receive more income to pay off their debts without achieving on pitch success, which seems to be the desire of some.

I was trying to have a sensible conversation. Cheers for that.

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
I think the only viable solution would be for you to have your own football club for which, bedecked in a crown of discarded beer can ring pulls arranged into a crown on your head, you carry a crossbar on your back for a 150 mile round trip for each home game? Only one spectator is deigned worthy to attend each game of course, but what a spectator he is.

Feb 14, 2010
I think the only viable solution would be for you to have your own football club for which, bedecked in a crown of discarded beer can ring pulls arranged into a crown on your head, you carry a crossbar on your back for a 150 mile round trip for each home game? Only one spectator is deigned worthy to attend each game of course, but what a spectator he is.

Dont you have a display to make for next season? Seriously, when you can say that you have trawled the lowest leagues with the ground being sold from under you then mate you comment. And for those that want to judge this club by those dark dark times (especially those who were not even there) then really they can first learn about us as a club before commenting.

dabadass_209

May 9, 2014
He may have been a youth player but thats not right, we had heard about him.

Why didn't someone take him then if we all knew about him? They had a bunch of players who clubs were after at that time, Zaha wasn't on anyone's radar. In fact, I wouldn't mind betting that the administration sped up his introduction to first team football.

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
Zaha had played like, 1 game at that time - nobody knew about him.

edit: They did lose Moses however, who was sold to Chelsea for £9million 2 years later. So, you are pretty wrong.

From what I remember the administrator just about managed to keep things going for the rest of the season with the help of the Moses money but then a raft of players left/were released, so much so that when the current board took control and appointed George Burley he only had about 7 or 8 senior players left at the club and had to completely rebuild the squad.

Edit: apparently during the first admin Steve Coppell had to cobble together a team of journeymen, kids and the odd loan player after a number of players left the club, and yet he somehow managed to keep them in the 1st division.

Last edited:

Feb 14, 2010
I wasn't at the York replay. I had lessons to attend. I was threatened with suspension on the first one. I've seen Darlington at home before.

You are a broken record when it comes to attendances and so on. You must realise that our attendances don't mirror our performances on the field. If you knew anything about our history, you would see they don't correlate.

I know and that is my point

Aren't you also a Chelsea fan?

As for this, well as teacher you dont do business and so you dont get that in business you listen to others and a part of that is attending social gathering, such as football, cricket, horse racing and the like. It doesnt mean you are a Chelsea or Arsenal fan because you go to a game. In the same way it doesnt make a teacher from Liverpool a Brighton fan because he comes to Brighton to wear a t shirt and make a speech whilst voting for another strike which obviously is always in term time not the "busy" school holidays

Feb 14, 2010
Why didn't someone take him then if we all knew about him? They had a bunch of players who clubs were after at that time, Zaha wasn't on anyone's radar. In fact, I wouldn't mind betting that the administration sped up his introduction to first team football.

We had heard of him. No idea why he didnt go. No idea why Selhurst wasnt sold after the first administration either (not that I would wish that on them)

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As for this, well as teacher you dont do business and so you dont get that in business you listen to others and a part of that is attending social gathering, such as football, cricket, horse racing and the like. It doesnt mean you are a Chelsea or Arsenal fan because you go to a game. In the same way it doesnt make a teacher from Liverpool a Brighton fan because he comes to Brighton to wear a t shirt and make a speech whilst voting for another strike which obviously is always in term time not the "busy" school holidays

You're a teacher?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here