Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Palace] Palace earned £73.2 million from TV rights this season

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Which is about 10m more than champs utd got last year.

make no mistake last year really was in our hands and we blew it bottle and hove albion.

Eggmundo

U & I R listening to KAOS
Jul 8, 2003
Spend spend spend, go in to admin...spend spend spend go in to admin....etc.

That's how you consistently stay in the top two divisions and climb your way up the league.

An example for all of football to admire.[/

It's pretty safe to say that "all of football" doesn't judge Palace or any other club that's gone into admin on any moral basis. That's just Brighton fans as I'm afraid it's all that's left to take the high ground on

Or do we just save it for Pompey now?

As a fan I appreciate that watching your club nearly go under is a terrible thing to endure. All too many fans do have to go through this but the fact that Palace did it once, then did it again and now are reaping the Jackpot that is the premiership, while clubs that have struggled to stay afloat and maintain their dignity get scant reward, really grinds my gears.

Dec 3, 2012
Or do we just save it for Pompey now?

As a fan I appreciate that watching your club nearly go under is a terrible thing to endure. All too many fans do have to go through this but the fact that Palace did it once, then did it again and now are reaping the Jackpot that is the premiership, while clubs that have struggled to stay afloat and maintain their dignity get scant reward, really grinds my gears.

I get that and I understand why. I just don't think the rest of football cares do you?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
In the last 20 years Brighton have lost a ground, played 150 mile round trip from home, always played lower league (mostly lowest 2 league) football, played at an athletics track with temporary stands with no roof and never played premier league football. But Brighton get a ground, play championship football and are again the 9th or 10th best supported club in the country again. Palace have never been outside the top two divisions, played premier league numerous times and but 2 seasons ago would get 11000 at home to Bristol City. Now they are again swanning around the Premier League. Again I ask, when will this club get a side that the fans at Brighton deserve?

:cry:

Feb 14, 2010
You mean you want to return to League Two?

When palace can show the fight that Brighton fans did and have the York City game and Archer campaign (that went on for years not days) then you can make a comment like that. Until then continue to pat yourselves on the back for 40 spotty teenagers being laughed out of the city, administrations but keeping your players and spending evenings cutting out cardboard some some daft display whilst jumping around to goal music. In other words, P1ss off back to some palace nboard and congratulate yourselves for being fans who didnt turn up in the championship but who now think you have the greatest fans in the world because really mate, you lot really cannot level that at Brighton. You lot wouldnt have survived Gillingham, palace are just not that important to croydon.

Dec 3, 2012
When palace can show the fight that Brighton fans did and have the York City game and Archer campaign (that went on for years not days) then you can make a comment like that. Until then continue to pat yourselves on the back for 40 spotty teenagers being laughed out of the city, administrations but keeping your players and spending evenings cutting out cardboard some some daft display whilst jumping around to goal music. In other words, P1ss off back to some palace nboard and congratulate yourselves for being fans who didnt turn up in the championship but who now think you have the greatest fans in the world because really mate, you lot really cannot level that at Brighton. You lot wouldnt have survived Gillingham, palace are just not that important to croydon.

Oh my god. He's letting it all hang out.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
The new Sky/BT deal and finishing 11th meant that they are sadly, quids in.

Liverpool earned the most (£97.5 million) and Cardiff the least (£62.1 million).

The Albion will get about £5 million.

I suppose the good thing is the income is spread fairly evenly, Liverpool 'only' earning £24m more than us. Still I'd prefer it if more money was ploughed back into lower league football rather than being wasted on players wages. Who knows where English football will be in 20 years time, Mad stuff.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
They were Division 3 South since the war till about 48/49 and then finished bottom as they did in 50/51,came back into Div 3 South 53/54.
Back in Division 3 74/75,they were promoted in 78/9 pipping us by one point and relegated from the 1st Div in 80/81.We followed in 83...the rest is down in history.:wink::wink:

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
I suppose the good thing is the income is spread fairly evenly, Liverpool 'only' earning £24m more than us. Still I'd prefer it if more money was ploughed back into lower league football rather than being wasted on players wages. Who knows where English football will be in 20 years time, Mad stuff.

Basically agree with that.

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012
Palace have certainly most definitely been outside the top two divisions. They were in the old div 3 under talcy Malcy Allison, who went when they blew promotion. Venables brought them up to div 2 and then div 1 in 79, same year as us.

Think WCP meant that in the last 20 years Palace haven't been outside to top 2 divisions. Actually I think it's not far off 40 years.

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011

Very sad to see(read ****ing funny) that the bitterness seems to have taken over you and got a bit too much for your online personality. Get a life. :wanker:

VHA on NSC

Banned
May 17, 2013
A town near Charlotte, NC
There are no such rules for Palace fans to adhere to.

Northern Monkey

Dec 5, 2012

If you're going to use this as a stick to beat Palace with at least get your facts right.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

I'd agree with that. I'd be happy to see money pushed back towards the lower leagues. Imagine how many teams would benefit/still be in existence if some (not all) is distributed throughout the levels.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's not a proud moment to announce I am a mod, but I'm sorely tempted to put WCP on my ignore list, if that is possible.

Are the HOF or whoever they are, still against modern football?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here