Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Palace dropping like a stone!

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Yes what ever. I cringe at people like you.

Cringe at people taking the piss out of our rivals ?

That's what a rivalry is and that's what you do, you take the piss when things go wrong. Just because they may be higher than us, it doesn't mean you can't.

Now, if you don't like it - ignore threads which CLEARLY are pisstaking !!

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Better players? on paper no, bought better players in the summer? er no?

What could it possibly be? Manager perhaps?

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU
Probably due to too much time playing with spreadsheets?

Not sure if you would know this, but I'm guessing/hoping you might... Do you have any idea on what Palace's annual wage bill looks like compared to ours?

I wouldn't be too surprised if they still fork out more than us given the fact they've been playing at this level longer than us.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
Cringe at people taking the piss out of our rivals ?

That's what a rivalry is and that's what you do, you take the piss when things go wrong. Just because they may be higher than us, it doesn't mean you can't.
Now, if you don't like it - ignore threa
ds which CLEARLY are pisstaking !!

Its all very well taking the piss, gloating while the scum are below but for f*** sake they are above, maybe you like egg on your face but i dont.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Not sure if you would know this, but I'm guessing/hoping you might... Do you have any idea on what Palace's annual wage bill looks like compared to ours?

I wouldn't be too surprised if they still fork out more than us given the fact they've been playing at this level longer than us.
A couple of the Palace gimps who post on here have stated that the players wages budget is roughly the same as Dirty Leeds

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut

I don't have the information for last season yet, for the last published set of accounts, which represents our last year at Withdean, they spent £10.5 million MORE than us on wages, clearly that gap will narrow for our first season at Amex.

Bigbelly

Banned
Sep 24, 2011
I don't have the information for last season yet, for the last published set of accounts, which represents our last year at Withdean, they spent £10.5 million MORE than us on wages, clearly that gap will narrow for our first season at Amex.

And if they get promoted then?

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Better players? on paper no, bought better players in the summer? er no?

What could it possibly be? Manager perhaps?

Better strikers - and 2 or 3 of them - to be honest.

We have NONE previously ( or even currently) proven at this level.

Keeping The Dream Alive.

Naming Rights
May 28, 2008
WSU

Yeah, of course.

If you had to estimate the difference in terms of money spent on wages this season what would you say?

I still reckon they spend £2/3 million more than us.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Yeah, of course.

If you had to estimate the difference in terms of money spent on wages this season what would you say?

I still reckon they spend £2/3 million more than us.

It is a big guess, we certainly generated more income than budgeted for, but anecdotal evidence suggests spending outside the playing budget was huge. As soon as I have the official numbers I will post full details, but I think you are in the right ballpark.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I think to say they are dropping like a stone is OTT, their form of late is similar to ours. They still seem to creating a lot of chances. Still administration cheats though..

FinchleyEagle

Nov 19, 2012
I think to say they are dropping like a stone is OTT, their form of late is similar to ours. They still seem to creating a lot of chances. Still administration cheats though..

oh really... and Br*ghton have never done anything like that now have they... do you ignore your history or just not know it ?? :albion:

I think you can only come in for a gloat when you have something to gloat about ! Like beating us or something. Or being higher than us.

Rough patch for us, lets see how it goes and if we can get back on track. Played all the top teams away now so the second half of the season shows promise, weve had a rough patch and we're still 4th so thats ok. I'll take our position over yours all day long cheers :cheers:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here