• Newcastle

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No - impossible for them to get off their stripey arses

Votes: 37 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Why is this still on going? You need to get a life mate instead of worrying about pointless numbers

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
I'm glad The Major's off for a while. These threads do my head in.

Let's say, you move into London. You want to support a London based team, you have the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Fulham. All established premier league teams with (bar Fulham in comparison to the other 3) brilliant stadiums. Palace would struggle to attract new fans to their club on the basis of the stadium, but also their history isn't too glamorous. The fact they have a very loyal hardcore group of fans who on the two previous home games have been fundamental in producing incredible vocal support is fantastic. The fans I've spoken to and the ones on here are not in denial about refurbishing Selhurst, the board knows that. But it's not easy to stump up the cash so premier league football is only means possible for long-term survival and I'm sure Palace would not want an oil oligarch coming in to buy the club.

In my opinion, I'm a little jealous of their current situation if we look at it in perspective. They're playing in the premier league, they've not really looked out of place so far. The atmosphere has been brilliant despite the results and the money they're going to receive will IMO no doubt go on infrastructure. That's if, of course they can keep the wage bill under control which I believe they will. Once the improvements begin, we'll see a return of larger attendances. If Brighton (which I honestly believe) gain promotion in the next few seasons. I'd want Palace to be there, our rivalry can match any other and live on TV for the world to see would be fantastic as they'd be a packed away end and home end belting out abuse at each other and showing our support for our teams. We know that neither club is likely to be challenging for a top 7 position any time soon until we're truly established in premier league. But what would the next best thing be? Obviously getting as high as possible on the table, but beating your arch-rivals live on TV in the premier league. That'll be a monumental victory in its own right, that's an incredibly exciting thought alone. A boxing day fixture 5pm kick off against Palace at Selhurst would be a Christmas present.

Se20

Banned
Oct 3, 2012
I'm glad The Major's off for a while. These threads do my head in.

Let's say, you move into London. You want to support a London based team, you have the likes of Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelsea and Fulham. All established premier league teams with (bar Fulham in comparison to the other 3) brilliant stadiums. Palace would struggle to attract new fans to their club on the basis of the stadium, but also their history isn't too glamorous. The fact they have a very loyal hardcore group of fans who on the two previous home games have been fundamental in producing incredible vocal support is fantastic. The fans I've spoken to and the ones on here are not in denial about refurbishing Selhurst, the board knows that. But it's not easy to stump up the cash so premier league football is only means possible for long-term survival and I'm sure Palace would not want an oil oligarch coming in to buy the club.

In my opinion, I'm a little jealous of their current situation if we look at it in perspective. They're playing in the premier league, they've not really looked out of place so far. The atmosphere has been brilliant despite the results and the money they're going to receive will IMO no doubt go on infrastructure. That's if, of course they can keep the wage bill under control which I believe they will. Once the improvements begin, we'll see a return of larger attendances. If Brighton (which I honestly believe) gain promotion in the next few seasons. I'd want Palace to be there, our rivalry can match any other and live on TV for the world to see would be fantastic as they'd be a packed away end and home end belting out abuse at each other and showing our support for our teams. We know that neither club is likely to be challenging for a top 7 position any time soon until we're truly established in premier league. But what would the next best thing be? Obviously getting as high as possible on the table, but beating your arch-rivals live on TV in the premier league. That'll be a monumental victory in its own right, that's an incredibly exciting thought alone. A boxing day fixture 5pm kick off against Palace at Selhurst would be a Christmas present.

What a nice post, more strength to your elbow !
Regarding Major, everyone knows what he's like. Some of his posts are very witty, but he over does the attendance stuff and it becomes a bit boring.
In saying that, I've got no problem with him and look forward to his return with baited breath. :wink:

WeScored3...

Banned
Nov 19, 2012
We could get 80,000 they could get 7,000. They are in the premier league. We aren't. We have no bragging rights about anything whatsoever.

we said young man...I haven't been on here for a while, but Jesus Christ there are still Brighton fans going on about our gates. I mean seriously...get a life. For the record, we will always be under 26k for home games due to a section of the stadium that is kept empty between away and home fans in the Arthur Wait. Not that anyone should give a toss...when you were getting 4k at the Withdean, were Palace banging on about that? Do we give Millwall stick for having lower gates than us? Do Liverpool use it as bragging rights against Everton? Nobody cares

albionite

May 20, 2009
we said young man...I haven't been on here for a while, but Jesus Christ there are still Brighton fans going on about our gates. I mean seriously...get a life. For the record, we will always be under 26k for home games due to a section of the stadium that is kept empty between away and home fans in the Arthur Wait. Not that anyone should give a toss...when you were getting 4k at the Withdean, were Palace banging on about that? Do we give Millwall stick for having lower gates than us? Do Liverpool use it as bragging rights against Everton? Nobody cares

I don't want to go into too much detail about the attendance as I don't give a sh*t but yes the nigels fairly often went on about how many we had at withdean you even had a sly dig there by saying we only had 4k.
When the Amex was being built there was loads of threads on bbs saying we was building a white elephant and would only get 9k crowds.
I'm pretty sure I have seen your fans call Millwall- smallwall so the answer there is yes
It has all got boring now and over done but it isn't just one way.

I don't want to go into too much detail about the attendance as I don't give a sh*t but yes the nigels fairly often went on about how many we had at withdean you even had a sly dig there by saying we only had 4k.
When the Amex was being built there was loads of threads on bbs saying we was building a white elephant and would only get 9k crowds.
I'm pretty sure I have seen your fans call Millwall- smallwall so the answer there is yes
It has all got boring now and over done but it isn't just one way.

But you will once the free transport is taken away and if you drop to L1 again:thumbsup:

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/england.htm
Despite me posting the averages for the last 95 years proving to the Major who's had by far better attendances he still blurts out the same old bulls poo.

Bragging rights will be ours for a very long time, fair play to Bozza if he's been banned? still think my 3 month ban was harsh for (gloating)
After all the crap posted I just had to do some pay back quotes,anyway I've done my time so will try to keep it cool.

albionite

May 20, 2009
But you will once the free transport is taken away and if you drop to L1 again:thumbsup:

http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/england.htm
Despite me posting the averages for the last 95 years proving to the Major who's had by far better attendances he still blurts out the same old bulls poo.

Bragging rights will be ours for a very long time, fair play to Bozza if he's been banned? still think my 3 month ban was harsh for (gloating)
After all the crap posted I just had to do some pay back quotes,anyway I've done my time so will try to keep it cool.
What free transport its paid for in season ticket you dullard

Canonman

Apr 14, 2011
Thumbs up to us dropping to L1,you come on here and post stuff like that, why the mods let you get away with that gloating and bragging I don't know. NSC must seem like taking candy from a kid to you lot. I know what I would do if I had the power to, ban you lot for life.

Mr Bridger

Sound of the suburbs
Feb 25, 2013
Earth
If THE MAJOR gets banned then the Ernest has to go as well...

If you're saying he's spamming that is...

Very unfair.

Ooo dodgy ground there son you'll have all his stooges ganging up on you now...

Thumbs up to us dropping to L1,you come on here and post stuff like that, why the mods let you get away with that gloating and bragging I don't know. NSC must seem like taking candy from a kid to you lot. I know what I would do if I had the power to, ban you lot for life.

That's not entirely true Canonman I do have a good few Brighton following friends and wind them up as well, I've said before its only banter you lot give it out in spades and cry when you get some back! yes I realise this is a Brighton board but when I see threads spouting hatred and talking nonsense about my club I defend it that's all I have been a Remf supporter and donor for years and sponsored a few Nsc member so not all that bad, although I will continue to wind some up, I have been banned for 3 months Iin the past for going ott and gloating after the May 13th BHA stuffing in the play off semi's, I done my time and like I say have toned it down.

Thumbs up for droppig to L1? you lot rejoiced at our past financial troubles! rejoiced at Glen Murray getting injured!
Palace fans marched with Brighton fans when Archer was selling you down the river yet some were spat on! they still regularly support remf
One sided wouldn't you say?

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Thumbs up for droppig to L1? you lot rejoiced at our past financial troubles! rejoiced at Glen Murray getting injured!
Palace fans marched with Brighton fans when Archer was selling you down the river yet some were spat on! they still regularly support remf
One sided wouldn't you say?

That is total bollocks and you know it.

I went on every protest march, all Fans United events and NEVER saw or heard anything to suggest any Palace were spat on. If it had happened you lot would have made sure it was in the public domain within minutes of it happening.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

What free transport its paid for in season ticket you dullard

When are going to understand that transport is not free?

It has been explained to you and your pikey friends dozens of times how the transport works yet still you thick tw@ts drag out the same old shit time after time. For that reason alone you should all be banned permanently from here.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003

You thick tw@ts still bang on about it now for phuck's sake-as if there were 20,000 empty seats available at Withdean. Do some research on actual attendance percentages for Withdean, Selhurst and The Amex. It might just shut you all up.

When are going to understand that transport is not free?

It has been explained to you and your pikey friends dozens of times how the transport works yet still you thick tw@ts drag out the same old shit time after time. For that reason alone you should all be banned permanently from here.

Like you lot dont keep dragging up the same crap about our fans burning our town and all the administration bollox??
when our fans had nout to do with both occurrences!

Yeah Ok so 20-22k Brighton fans just magically appeared did they? just because of a nice new stadium?
or just because of promotion to the championship? cheap season tickets? free trains?
Tell me where were they all before that? smells of Amex plastic:lolol:

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Like you lot dont keep dragging up the same crap about our fans burning our town and all the administration bollox??

Yeah Ok so 20-22k Brighton fans just magically appeared did they? just because of a nice new stadium?
or just because of promotion to the championship? cheap season tickets? free trains?

Still the same old shit from you-is this the forum equivalent of Speed Dial? Hit F6 or something and out spews out the same old bollocks.

albionite

May 20, 2009

I thought you said you learnt your lesson from being banned for 3 months, looks like you're still a boring tw*t
shame the mods are too tolerant to prats like you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports