• No - impossible for them to get off their stripey arses

Votes: 37 39.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
This is turning into a bit of a love-in.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
I know. I guess that's why the thread starter is so obsessed with attendances - it's the only area where over the past two years we can claim superiority. Mind you I'm sure our pies are better and I bet our programme pisses all over yours as well. However by using measures that actually count, such as success on the pitch, you are superior and have been for decades. And to make it worse whenever we DO manage to get one over you (such as the 3-0 home win) you always manage to trump it a month or so later. And you were the first away team to win a league match at our shiny new home in front of our massive support which is also a fact we try and forget or bluster around. Our inferiority complex is now so ingrained that a Palace fan just has to show up one here and some of the more cowed and beaten Brighton fans squeal for them to be corralled into a separate section as they can't stand it any more.

Never mind, perhaps my grandchildren will get a chance to relish the boot being on the other foot for a change - and I haven't got any grandchildren yet!

The correct answer. Palace are in the premier league. We are not. End of.

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Does anyone actually feel inferior though (or superior)?

It's not about inferiority or superiority as far as I'm concerned. We dropped a massive bollock in the playoffs...or rather Gus did, and Palace pounced on it. Good luck to them. Even the most wall eyed Selhrst denizen wouldnt claim they were the better team over the course of last season. They seem to do us when it really really matters. It's up to us to sort that out in the longer term.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there

You would hope not. I don't feel "superior" to a Yeovil fan because we're a bigger club than them, and I don't feel "inferior" to any fans of Premiership teams.

Actually, I do feel a bit superior to fans of Premier League clubs who have no geographical or emotional reasons for supporting Man U, Liverpool, Chelsea etc. But I have pure empathy with anyone who follows their local side, however big or small.

Syph

Banned
Feb 20, 2013
I know. I guess that's why the thread starter is so obsessed with attendances - it's the only area where over the past two years we can claim superiority. Mind you I'm sure our pies are better and I bet our programme pisses all over yours as well. However by using measures that actually count, such as success on the pitch, you are superior and have been for decades. And to make it worse whenever we DO manage to get one over you (such as the 3-0 home win) you always manage to trump it a month or so later. And you were the first away team to win a league match at our shiny new home in front of our massive support which is also a fact we try and forget or bluster around. Our inferiority complex is now so ingrained that a Palace fan just has to show up one here and some of the more cowed and beaten Brighton fans squeal for them to be corralled into a separate section as they can't stand it any more.

Never mind, perhaps my grandchildren will get a chance to relish the boot being on the other foot for a change - and I haven't got any grandchildren yet!

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but our programme is an award winner. We also have new, local made, pies too since the club has taken back the catering contract.

Syph

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

No, why would we? When talking about the real goes-along-to-games supporters of both clubs, we're remarkaby similar. There'll be very few people who thought "Ooooooh, now which football team should I support?" and came up with either Brighton or Palace through glory-hunting reasons. The supporter base of both clubs will be predominantly made up of people with a real connection to the local area they, or their family, are from.

A Palace fan who goes along to Selhurst has far more in common with me than a sofa-based Premier Leaguebig club 'supporter'. We'll have gone through the similar highs and all sorts of low - both on the pitch and off it where, through no fault of our own, both clubs we hold so dear faced the real possibilities of extinction.

The rivalry is brilliant though - the relatively recent 5-0 and 3-0 defeats are amongst my worst footballing experiences. The 3-0 demolition at the Amex one of my best. And, being honest, the 0-0 playoff game up there, watched from an Exec Box, also rated very highly at the time. We'd done half the job, probably more than half the job. We were in form and they weren't - what could possibly go wrong at the Amex?

I think I'm still in a football/Albion (and even NSC) hangover from that night. After years of inferiority, we were back on level terms and we had a real chance to turn the thumbscrews on them for a while. How sweet it was going to be. Then it all went wrong. ******* Palace did us again and rubbed it in by winning the playoff final to win the race to the Premier League. ******* Palace. ******* ******* Palace.

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but our programme is an award winner. We also have new, local made, pies too since the club has taken back the catering contract.

Syph
Oh bollocks. Well I bet our GROUNDSMAN is better than yours. And we've got lamps for the pitch and EVERYTHING.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
You would hope not. I don't feel "superior" to a Yeovil fan because we're a bigger club than them, and I don't feel "inferior" to any fans of Premiership teams.

Quite. Anyone who feels either inferior or superior to someone else based on success of the team they support needs to have a good look at their lives. And I do get the impression that there are a few of them about.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
No, why would we? When talking about the real goes-along-to-games supporters of both clubs, we're remarkaby similar. There'll be very few people who thought "Ooooooh, now which football team should I support?" and came up with either Brighton or Palace through glory-hunting reasons. The supporter base of both clubs will be predominantly made up of people with a real connection to the local area they, or their family, are from.

A Palace fan who goes along to Selhurst has far more in common with me than a sofa-based Premier Leaguebig club 'supporter'. We'll have gone through the similar highs and all sorts of low - both on the pitch and off it where, through no fault of our own, both clubs we hold so dear faced the real possibilities of extinction.

The rivalry is brilliant though - the relatively recent 5-0 and 3-0 defeats are amongst my worst footballing experiences. The 3-0 demolition at the Amex one of my best. And, being honest, the 0-0 playoff game up there, watched from an Exec Box, also rated very highly at the time. We'd done half the job, probably more than half the job. We were in form and they weren't - what could possibly go wrong at the Amex?

I think I'm still in a football/Albion (and even NSC) hangover from that night. After years of inferiority, we were back on level terms and we had a real chance to turn the thumbscrews on them for a while. How sweet it was going to be. Then it all went wrong. ******* Palace did us again and rubbed it in by winning the playoff final to win the race to the Premier League. ******* Palace. ******* ******* Palace.

All of this. Every single word of it.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

That

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset

I've been trying to get a handle on how I've been feeling since May. This is it in a nutshell.

Nigel's Mate

Sep 1, 2013

That is what I was trying to say in my earlier post. The banter and expectation/disappointment is what makes football so great.

Unfortunately I was at the 3-0 ass whooping and it was the worst footballing experience of my life but in turn it made the 2nd leg so much sweeter to avenge it.

Roll on the next clash.

PS Stoke fans are f'ing shit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here