• who gives a ****

Votes: 56 43.4%

• Total voters

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
A lot, but overall it’s a good thing.

Comeonboro and Readytogo, by contrast, have been disgusting the other way eg posts when women/kids have been raped or similar.

Proud of the liberal views in this part of the world.

[This is a different matter from the herds that to try to dominate nsc with blinkered party politics, at either end of the spectrum. Thankfully it’s easy to disregard the 24-7 propaganda. I prefer free-thinkers …. imho [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION] Wilson’s tackle falls into that category. A rarity on this forum].

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
A lot, but overall it’s a good thing.

Comeonboro and Readytogo, by contrast, have been disgusting the other way eg posts when women/kids have been raped or similar.

Proud of the liberal views in this part of the world.

[This is a different matter from the herds that to try to dominate nsc with blinkered party politics, at either end of the spectrum. Thankfully it’s easy to disregard the 24-7 propaganda. I prefer free-thinkers …. imho [MENTION=15734]harry[/MENTION] Wilson’s tackle falls into that category. A rarity on this forum].

At least get me ****ing name right, you wet liberal ponce. ???

:wink:

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
I think the best way to describe how this has gone is “well”

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think the best way to describe how this has gone is “well”

Apparently by responding to this thread some of us have let ourselves down. I read that comment in a post by someone* responding to the thread.

This is beginning to look like it may ascend into the heady realms, if I'm not mistaken, of NSC comedy brown. Other colours may be available.

*If you mix pink and brown, does this make gold?

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
It’s mildly woke in parts but fairly well balanced by racist posters like Ppf being allowed to continue to post. So I reckon it all evens out.

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
The point about the word "woke" is that (like so many English words) it means different things to different people and in different contexts. To some people, it means no more than being polite and respectful to others. But it has another meaning, that of being hypocritical and saying the "right" things without meaning them. For example, someone who claims that we all need to to our bit to reduce fuel and save the planet, but still centrally heat their bedroom, and leaves electrical appliances on standby because it's easier than switching the off.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
The point about the word "woke" is that (like so many English words) it means different things to different people and in different contexts. To some people, it means no more than being polite and respectful to others. But it has another meaning, that of being hypocritical and saying the "right" things without meaning them. For example, someone who claims that we all need to to our bit to reduce fuel and save the planet, but still centrally heat their bedroom, and leaves electrical appliances on standby because it's easier than switching the off.

Where’s your source for the hypocrisy equivalence? Surely hypocrite will do?

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex

dsr-burnley

Aug 15, 2014
Where’s your source for the hypocrisy equivalence? Surely hypocrite will do?
Hypocrite doesn't necessarily mean woke, or vice versa. For example, someone who says married women should never have a job, they should stay at home to look after their husbands, but he then employs married women at sweatshop wages in his factory - he is a hypocrite, but he certainly isn't woke.

As for source - if you need one - here's the Guardian (surely a woke paper :wink:) having a complaint about how woke can be used pejoratively.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...how-the-word-woke-was-weaponised-by-the-right

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Hypocrite doesn't necessarily mean woke, or vice versa. For example, someone who says married women should never have a job, they should stay at home to look after their husbands, but he then employs married women at sweatshop wages in his factory - he is a hypocrite, but he certainly isn't woke.

As for source - if you need one - here's the Guardian (surely a woke paper :wink:) having a complaint about how woke can be used pejoratively.

https://www.theguardian.com/society...how-the-word-woke-was-weaponised-by-the-right

I agree it has been weaponised, as per that article, which also backs up the definition I posted earlier.
I find it amusing when people think woke is an insult.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
It's become a word to describe utterly ridiculous people of certain leanings.

People who can't describe what a woman is will fall under the woke umbrella.

People who have a list of groups of people in their head and who rank them in some weird order as to who is higher than the other in the oppression stakes. So when pitted against each other they will take the side of higher ranked group.

Right now Trans people are way above black men and feminists on the woke scale.

They are also obsessed with pronouns.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I agree it has been weaponised, as per that article, which also backs up the definition I posted earlier.
I find it amusing when people think woke is an insult.

Well it now is associated with utterly ridiculous people.

People who think men can have babies and have period pains.

Replacing language like breast feeding with chest feeding, saying human milk instead of breast milk.

All that kind of utterly ridiculous nonsense is the domain of a woke person.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

I have never met anyone who describes themselves as 'woke', or even uses the word (I do not 'know' the arsedribblers who use the word on NSC to mock people) . I think you just made that last bit up :lolol:

Have a watch of the comedy series 'Nathan Barley'. It had advertising executives apoplectic over the foolish deployment of the wrong type of coffee machine. It is very amusing that those who dive in to accuse liberals of being offended on behalf of others are themselves offended by words not used by any real person, ever, except in jest :shrug:

And remember, English is not the first language of Justin Trudeau. Just sayin' like. ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports