• who gives a ****

Votes: 56 43.4%

• Total voters

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Ouch. It’s like having a poll for assisted suicide and your only like is from Harold Shipman.

Or a poll about swimwear and your only like is from Jimmy Savile.

wuntbedruv

Imagine
Mar 18, 2022
North West Sussex
On a similar theme, I was amazed to read the term "Gammon" to describe someone red faced with unjustified and indignant anger in Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens.
Foolishly I assumed it was a modern term

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
hit me with your rhythm stick chaps....xx

Out of TEN how well thought through was this thread?

1- Very well indeed. Sydney has scored another goal.

2- I've seen better

3- Has he had a bump on the head?

4 - Wibble

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I think 'Common Sense' Is now GBNews & Talksport presenters saying any old offensive crap and their followers lapping it up.

Previously known as 'pulling no punches', which itself replaced 'saying it how it is' by 'the voice of reason' :lolol:

I presume these goons read 1984 and thought 'I'm having some of that (newspeak)'.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
I just woke up from my powernap and once my coffee is finished I'll be 10/10. But right now probably 7/10.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
There seems to be some unhappiness and unease.

It's probably a case of agenda dysphoria.

Or, if you want to be woke about it, agenda non-binary.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
On a similar theme, I was amazed to read the term "Gammon" to describe someone red faced with unjustified and indignant anger in Nicholas Nickleby by Charles Dickens.
Foolishly I assumed it was a modern term

Hate to be a pedant but Mr Dickens used the term specifically to describe someone who had no understanding of the political situation, but tried to use faux patriotism to try to cover his ignorance

The time had been, when this burst of enthusiasm would have been cheered to the very echo; but now, the deputation received it with chilling coldness. The general impression seemed to be, that as an explanation of Mr. Gregsbury’s political conduct, it did not enter quite enough into detail; and one gentleman in the rear did not scruple to remark aloud, that, for his purpose, it savoured rather too much of a 'gammon' tendency.

The meaning of that term—gammon,' said Mr. Gregsbury, 'is unknown to me. If it means that I grow a little too fervid, or perhaps even hyperbolical, in extolling my native land, I admit the full justice of the remark. I am proud of this free and happy country. My form dilates, my eye glistens, my breast heaves, my heart swells, my bosom burns, when I call to mind her greatness and her glory.

I really can't imagine why the term has made such a comeback in recent years :wink:

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Well Sydney you've stirred up the Hornets nest with this one they're falling over themselves now :lolol:

Regards
DF

Are you enjoying your little trip out of the Bear Pit? Make sure they have you back for tea-time. It's hoops tonight and you know how heightened you get when you miss supper, it throws you.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports