Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius allegedly kills his girlfriend - reports

Common as Mook

Not Posh as Fook
Jul 26, 2004
This Oscar Pistorius situation made me think. Some people presume that those with disabilities are more likely to be nice-natured people.

This case may prove otherwise

Purely speculating, but I would imagine he could have been riddled with insecurity, bearing in mind she was stunningly attractive and in possession of a full set of limbs. It could have been a mad jealous rage....

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
typical :lolol:

Screen-Shot-2013-02-14-at-11_42_20-AM.png

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham
Most properties in the more upmarket areas in SA are 'gated or 'guarded' or 'alarmed', it doesnt mean there are no break-ins or killings in these areas,.... just check the crime stats.

I am aware of that. I do live in SA.

He is living in one of the safest environments in South Africa and, as such, his apparent shoot first ask questions later policy is extremely odd. Which suggests to me that this was no accident. And other reports coming through now would suggest that as well.

The sad thing is the media lapped up this "it was an accident" story straight away as if shooting intruders in your house was a normal and perfectly acceptable thing to do.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
I am aware of that. I do live in SA.

He is living in one of the safest environments in South Africa and, as such, his apparent shoot first ask questions later policy is extremely odd. Which suggests to me that this was no accident. And other reports coming through now would suggest that as well.

The sad thing is the media lapped up this "it was an accident" story straight away as if shooting intruders in your house was a normal and perfectly acceptable thing to do.
I'd certainly say it was acceptable .

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
I'd certainly say it was acceptable .

Well yes you would, but the media here were pretty much saying "O well, he thought it was a burglar so that is ok then. I wonder if his career will suffer?", instead of asking more pertinent questions. Even the initial press reports were "Oscar accidentally shoots his girlfriend".

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
He is living in one of the safest environments in South Africa and, as such, his apparent shoot first ask questions later policy is extremely odd.
What is this 'apparent shoot first' policy? Has he said that? That was just the media speculating, and the police have dismissed the idea.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
What is this 'apparent shoot first' policy? Has he said that? That was just the media speculating, and the police have dismissed the idea.

A couple of people on this thread have mentioned it, including the person I was replying to, as if it were a normal part of South African life. Someone obviously told the media first thing that it was an accident, and that seemed to be accepted as a plausible and indeed acceptable answer to the situation.

I am just really pissed off that when this happened, most seemed to accept straight away that an accident was an acceptable story. It was almost "It is in South Africa, so shooting intruders is the natural way of things". The media this morning here were banging on about whether his career would be affected, as if this story was the truth, and were not questioning anything.

Last edited:

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
A couple of people on this thread have mentioned it, including the person I was replying to, as if it were a normal part of South African life. Someone obviously told the media first thing that it was an accident, and that seemed to be accepted as a plausible and indeed acceptable answer to the situation.

I am just really pissed off that when this happened, most seemed to accept straight away that an accident was an acceptable story. It was almost "It is in South Africa, so shooting intruders is the natural way of things". The media this morning here were banging on about whether his career would be affected, as if this story was the truth, and were not questioning anything.
Genuine question, I know you live there , but would the media reaction not suggest that this sort of thing is a normal part of life there ?

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Genuine question, I know you live there , but would the media reaction not suggest that this sort of thing is a normal part of life there ?

Yes it would, which is my point.

I do not believe that it is a normal part of life here, but this type of reporting perpetuates the negative stories about SA being some sort of war zone.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hopefuly they can scrape together what's left of them both and make a whole one.

sussexadz121

Mar 21, 2011
Burgess Hill

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Plausible, yes (it has happened), but I don't think anyone suggested it was acceptable.

It was almost "It is in South Africa, so shooting intruders is the natural way of things".
Would you rather people said 'It is in South Africa, so shooting your girlfriend is the natural way of things'?

It's a bad news story whatever the truth is, and wouldn't have happened here.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
They will never keep hold of him, he'll have it away on his toes.... sharpish.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Well yes you would, but the media here were pretty much saying "O well, he thought it was a burglar so that is ok then. I wonder if his career will suffer?", instead of asking more pertinent questions. Even the initial press reports were "Oscar accidentally shoots his girlfriend".

She apparently has 4 separate gun shot wounds. That's going to take some explaining.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here