Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Pistorius allegedly kills his girlfriend - reports

JJ McClure

Go Jags
Jul 7, 2003
Hassocks
I work with a South African girl and her first response was "silly woman should know better than to sneak into someones house in the middle of the night"

madinthehead

I have changed this
Jan 22, 2009
Oberursel, Germany
Pistorius’s girlfriend returns home late and makes her last drunken
“I’m totally legless” joke….

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Apparently mistook her for a burglar. So thats alright then.
Odd as it sounds, burglars if caught in the act, run the real risk in the fog of war, of being shot . SA society is awash with guns, I lived there for 8 years as a kid and teen, my old man had a SA version of the Uzzi when we were in Wynberg, Cape Town in the mid 70's, and he took out several windows when 'chasing' two intruders from the house in the middle of the night, both got away but one was later arrested at the local hospital with a bullet lodged in his ankle. Easy mistake to make in similar circumstances in a society where death from intruders is a real possibility.

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Odd as it sounds, burglars if caught in the act, run the real risk in the fog of war, of being shot . SA society is awash with guns, I lived there for 8 years as a kid and teen, my old man had a SA version of the Uzzi when we were in Wynberg, Cape Town in the mid 70's, and he took out several windows when 'chasing' two intruders from the house in the middle of the night, both got away but one was later arrested at the local hospital with a bullet lodged in his ankle. Easy mistake to make in similar circumstances in a society where death from intruders is a real possibility.

It's a very confusing subject at first but the mood from what I'm getting in South Africa is that of sympathy. Sympathy towards Pistorius and mourn for Reeva, all still very confusing. But what I want to know is that between the time Pistorius woke up as for the gun, how did he not realise that it was just his girlfriend ???

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Apparently that whole 'she was surprising him and he thought she was a burglar' thing was a rumour that was never mentioned by police but has been taken as fact

He is being charged with murder, police are opposing bail and say there are "other witnesses"

Philzo-93

Jan 17, 2009
North Stand
Police have confirmed there are other witnesses to this; that there have been police calls to the house in the not-so-distant past and beyond of a "domestic nature" and that they are going to prosecute and oppose bail due to "the nature and context of the situation".

More questions than answers!

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Much more to this than meets the eye if you ask me!

I'm certainly not convinced by this "he thought she was an intruder" claims.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
It's a very confusing subject at first but the mood from what I'm getting in South Africa is that of sympathy. Sympathy towards Pistorius and mourn for Reeva, all still very confusing. But what I want to know is that between the time Pistorius woke up as for the gun, how did he not realise that it was just his girlfriend ???
I would think he may have questions to answer if there is some domestic 'previous', but my previous comments were simply to set the scene and context of life in SA.

KZNSeagull

Nov 26, 2007
Wolsingham, County Durham

Couple of things:

Oscar Pistorius lives in a gated, secure estate swarming with security guards. Death from intruders in these circumstances is minimal.
FHM models are not easily confused with burglars.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here