Oscar Gatcia

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Er hello?

We are the ONLY team to have beaten Burnley this season. The only one. We got a 0-0 away at free spending QPR and should have beaten Reading. Oscar is coaching a Poyet team with some bang average Burke signings crowbarred in. The question isn't how he's doing. It's how much worse the next guy will do if we force him out.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
He won't take us up but he will take us to another level?

That makes no sense. Unless you are saying we will lose in the playoff final.

Jul 14, 2012
He won't take us up but he will take us to another level?

That makes no sense. Unless you are saying we will lose in the playoff final.

As a club we'll be in a stronger position than when Oscar took over. I said club. I talk about the club, not the team. The team will be worse. But the club will be better because we will be well within budget, and the next guy will benefit from the struggles Oscar has to face in the short term. If he gets given the sort of time I'm looking for, and talking about (3 full seasons), then I'm sure he'll be the man to take us up.

But I don't think he'll see out two full seasons, let alone the three he is going to need.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As a club we'll be in a stronger position than when Oscar took over. I said club. I talk about the club, not the team. The team will be worse. But the club will be better because we will be well within budget, and the next guy will benefit from the struggles Oscar has to face in the short term. If he gets given the sort of time I'm looking for, and talking about (3 full seasons), then I'm sure he'll be the man to take us up.

But I don't think he'll see out two full seasons, let alone the three he is going to need.

I can't see how you can say this. He plays a bad tactical game, seems incapable of inspiring a team, is montone and passionless to a fault and has no experience at this level. How do you think he will somehow miraculously change into this " super manager " ?

Soulman

Oct 22, 2012
Sompting
Surely judgement can not me made in mid October, about a NEW manager who is coaching a team with at least 4 key players out injured. Give it at least until the new year......in fact the end of the season would be more apt.

Jul 14, 2012
I can't see how you can say this. He plays a bad tactical game, seems incapable of inspiring a team, is montone and passionless to a fault and has no experience at this level. How do you think he will somehow miraculously change into this " super manager " ?

All opinions. I don't think he is a "super manager". Those were you words. Not mine. I wouldn't use them. I've already said my opinion on Garcia. But I'm a Brighton and Hove Albion fan. Always have been and always will be. Unless my heart gives out first, I'll be here longer than Oscar Garcia.

Well surely Barca saw something in him and to be honest Uncle they aint no mugs. He needs to be given time....it's Watford at home next!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
It's a shame that he didn't go to that Spanish club when he had the chance, this is not going to work out well for him or us

And we would have got some compo to boot. I think though as Bloom and Barber made the call they will just keep their fingers crossed and hope for the best. I am expecting a Barber e mail next week, 25 ? to say " don't worry everything is in hand "

warmleyseagull

Apr 17, 2011
Beaminster, Dorset
There is too much knee jerk reaction here to the one fundamental, key problem: lack of goals as Nathan Jones admits after game - he says we are missing cutting edge. Today was typical - chances made, not taken. This is nothing to do with OG's management. He can be judged only when at least three of CMS, Ulloa and Hoskin are fit.

ozseagull

Jun 27, 2013
There is too much knee jerk reaction here to the one fundamental, key problem: lack of goals as Nathan Jones admits after game - he says we are missing cutting edge. Today was typical - chances made, not taken. This is nothing to do with OG's management. He can be judged only when at least three of CMS, Ulloa and Hoskin are fit.

Your last sentence may need editing? Maybe?

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
no one will get any rocket.....Jones said after the game ""The pleasing thing today was our performance."

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton

Lack of goals is one thing but we have looked easy pickings defensively this season and that is my big worry, a team is built from the back with a system. We appear to not have a system.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Hoskins will never play again, CM-S who knows and Ulloa 3 months yet by then we are half way through the season. The pity is pretty much everyone has given up on this season after 14 games and nothing from the club or managment has changed that.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
no one will get any rocket.....Jones said after the game ""The pleasing thing today was our performance."

This and Garcia seems to think we are playing well this season.

BHABen

Jan 12, 2010
Everyone should answer this question, write down your starting 11 from a complete fit squad, I guarantee 100% of you will notice that you would not have been able to play those 11 players once this season. The guy has walked into possibly one of the hardest jobs out there from what happened in the summer. I can't help but think that most of the people who are slagging him off, are not willing to give him any kind of chance because of their love for Gus Poyet. In the 3 1/2 seasons Poyet was out here, did he ever have so many important players out for such a long period of time. Garcia has nothing on the bench at the moment that can change a game either. So if we do get rid of Garcia who do we bring in that can possibly do better with the current team. I like the guy, I like his comments, I think it's refreshing that we have a manager who respects the club and it's supporters. I will judge him when he has a team consisting of Bridcutt, Ulloa and Orlandi and with someone like CMS on the bench.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Hoskins will never play again, CM-S who knows and Ulloa 3 months yet by then we are half way through the season. The pity is pretty much everyone has given up on this season after 14 games and nothing from the club or managment has changed that.

Orlandi injury prone and we are lucky to get 1 game out of 3 out of him, Bridcutt will be off as soon as he is fit so everyone waiting for all the players to return may have a long wait and by that time we will be in the bottom 6 staring at the trap door

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here