Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia has to be our most boring manager ever.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Hey [MENTION=144]goldstone[/MENTION] - is this the sort of thing you're after?

ee0p.jpg

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Most boring manager ever? You obviously never saw us play under Mike Bailey.........

Though Bailey remains our most successful from a end of season finish perspective.
That is so very vorrect...the most defensive boring Albion team ever.
Would the people who moan about OG and his interviews prefer someone Like Davis of Nottingham Forest...always whinging...'"Oh! our injury list" What did he think but our injury list at the beginning of the season...Oscar didn't moan about it he just got on with the job.
Holloway who always sees the slightest nudge against his players...but if his player commits a foul he somehow couldn't see it from where he was. Redknap,happy little man when they win,whinges about the other team when they lose.(Good article about HR in the Football League paper today) None of those managers can get a team together unless they've got a lot of cash to spend....You keep hoing Oscar son...forget the press interviews.

Chicken Runner61

We stand where we want!
May 20, 2007
So was I, he was transparently so out of his depth, they were nailed on to go down before he threw in the towel. Now, despite being on a fairly crappy run, a couple of decent wins under Pulis have allowed them to benefit from the overwhelming shit-ness of Fulham, Cardiff and Sunderland, and no matter how rubbish they play, they seem incapable of slipping back into the bottom three. They're going to stay up by default at this rate...

Edna - stay calm. Fulham and Cardiff look doomed but looking at Palaces last few games they will be relegated unless Sunderland or West Brom stuff it up for us - I'm wary of Norwich who also have a horrendous run in but I'm hoping hey have enough in the tank for Palace to fail to scrape enough points

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
As for Oscar Garcia- I couldn't care less if he reads the entire text of James Joyce's Ulysses in Serbo-Croat after matches: as far as I'm concerned, he's here to manage our football team, not provide post match entertainment for the short-attention-span contingent.

If you honestly think that it's more important to listen to "spontaneous" witty quips, and hilarious, media-pleasing pantomime buffoonery from your manager, I suggest you sod off and support Millwall.
And that I agree with even more :clap:

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
While I do agree with Edna in most of the key respects...if you had sat there trying to get blood out of the proverbial stone from Oscar on many occasions for your living, you would feel differently I promise you.

It is beyond hard work, and into some other realm. And it isn't about providing entertainment, it's more about just answering the question.

But he is always courteous, if not answering questions in any detail in a polite way is courteous, and he is a very good coach. And we were in a right mess as a club post-Poyet, and he has done well after inheriting that difficult situation. Plus I respect anyone who is prepared to put themselves under that level of scrutiny in a second language.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Gus was and is a car crash waiting to happen in the media.

Oscar is calm, assured, professional.

I prefer the latter.

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
I have noticed that the media are just not asking the normal questions they would ask as they always get the same response.

"do you think this has knocked our playoff chances"

"I only look one game ahead"

"do you think it will go to the last game"

"I only look one game ahead"

"Do you think it will be a nice summer"

"i only look one game ahead"

He is a charming man with little charm. Polite, friendly just not that engaging.

el punal

Tell you what - why don't we get Paulo Di Canio in instead of Oscar. Now he's not at all boring and has done a wonderful job at Sunderland and Swindon. Wonderful personality who will get on with everybody!

Come on! The most boring manager England ever had was Alf Ramsey, now what was that trophy we won . . . ?

As for the Albion, how about Mike Bailey, hardly laughing boy material and yet he took us to our highest ever position (13th?) in the old Div.1. Now he, and the team, were so boring that he was sacked . . . . to be replaced by old Jimmy "White Disco Shoes" Melia. My goodness, we never looked back.

So if boring, boring, yawn, yawn brings success then I'll take it.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Tell you what - why don't we get Paulo Di Canio in instead of Oscar. Now he's not at all boring and has done a wonderful job at Sunderland and Swindon. Wonderful personality who will get on with everybody!

Come on! The most boring manager England ever had was Alf Ramsey, now what was that trophy we won . . . ?

As for the Albion, how about Mike Bailey, hardly laughing boy material and yet he took us to our highest ever position (13th?) in the old Div.1. Now he, and the team, were so boring that he was sacked . . . . to be replaced by old Jimmy "White Disco Shoes" Melia. My goodness, we never looked back.

So if boring, boring, yawn, yawn brings success then I'll take it.

Well said, but who would everyone moan about now no Barnes or obika.

Mar 2, 2014
The thing I find most interesting, reading this thread, is that when we first appointed Oscar Garcia I was not impressed and I was not especially happy. I felt we had taken a decision to appoint a man without the required experience, to step in and do a job which I don't consider to be easy. Following a man who has done especially well is not an easy task, especially when the new man has to build his own backroom team as well. I didn't think he stood too much of a chance to make an impact. And in my opinion, I was correct.

But I don't find him boring. I find him honest, open and genuine in his responses. I have actually warmed to him over the course of the season, with everything he has had to face there hasn't been any hint of annoyance, petulance or that he hasn't felt backed or supported by the appropriate people. He has referred to the club as we, and he has led us through a large number of injuries - mostly to key players. I don't think the job has been easy for Oscar this season, but we are in with a strong chance of getting into the play-offs. I don't think we will, I don't think the quality is there at the moment, but I don't blame Oscar for that. And I feel next season he will take us noticeably forward.

tigertim68

Sep 3, 2012
I have to say the questions at the press conferences are very boring and predictable and sometimes embarrassing. They ask the same questions every week and get the same answers. Did anyone even ask him after the match yesterday why he substituted Lingard?

Actually on saturday he was asked 2 questions that were submitted by the listeners on Radio Sussex , firstly he was asked if he thought we could be a bit more ambitious at home , and why did he change a team thats has won its last 2 games , guess what ? the answers to though questions was also boring

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here