Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia has to be our most boring manager ever.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
How many teams that do get promoted to the Premier League hang onto their managers? - if/when we get promoted what makes you think we wouldn't go for a more experienced manager? ???

Clubs usually change their managers when they get into the Premier League when they are struggling. I cannot think of an example of a club who have changed their manager in the close season having just got promoted to the Premier League unless the manager has left to take up another job.

Mutts Nuts

Oct 30, 2011
FFS...... Okay we lost a game we should have won and our Coach isn't Ant & Dec. But he's honest and to be fair to him if it hadn't been for the terrible Gus induced start to the season the playoffs would be cut and dried for us by now. He's done ok..... though I'm not going to the pub with him :smile:
Lack of cash spent on the team and mllions spent on the white elephant has created a millstone around tonys neck we we have blown our chances of promotion to the promised land

black shadow

Jul 22, 2011
Hassocks
What I find difficult to understand is how someone with limited English and a clear lack of character is meant to motivate a football team.

Fully agree. May be if he tried taking his hands out of his pockets and looking slightly more interested it would be a start?!

There is no way a coach/manager, whatever you want to call him, can build any sort of rapport with his players if he can't hold a full conversation with them. Simples!

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
Lack of cash spent on the team and mllions spent on the white elephant has created a millstone around tonys neck we we have blown our chances of promotion to the promised land

I'd hate to be you. Such a miserable ****.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
although Garcia hasn't had the riches to spend that Poyet had.

People keep posting this bizarre "fact" yet Paul Barber says otherwise. Please could you provide the evidence that Oscar has had a smaller budget than Gus ?

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester

What the duck are you on about?

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Most boring manager ever? You obviously never saw us play under Mike Bailey.........

Though Bailey remains our most successful from a end of season finish perspective.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
People keep posting this bizarre "fact" yet Paul Barber says otherwise. Please could you provide the evidence that Oscar has had a smaller budget than Gus ?

I think they're mistaking the difference between what is available and what is actually spent - Oscar has got a larger budget (as many have confirmed) but he's not necessarily spent it - not in the same way that Poyet has (i'm thinking the fees for Ulloa, CMS, Buckley).

Obviously it's impossible to tell, as Poyet had close seasons to spend that cash whereas Oscar hasn't had that opportunity.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
What I find difficult to understand is how someone with limited English and a clear lack of character is meant to motivate a football team.

That's very myopic.

How do you know he lacks character? You don't need to be an assured linguist to motivate someone.

Besides which, I'm sure he has a good grasp of English to manage a season in Israel.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I think they're mistaking the difference between what is available and what is actually spent - Oscar has got a larger budget (as many have confirmed) but he's not necessarily spent it - not in the same way that Poyet has (i'm thinking the fees for Ulloa, CMS, Buckley).

Obviously it's impossible to tell, as Poyet had close seasons to spend that cash whereas Oscar hasn't had that opportunity.

The fees for Ulloa, CMS, Buckley and any other players signed by GP that are still here are all part of this seasons budget. Ulloa, for example, may have been signed last January, but his contract amortisation is 500k per year for the next 3 seasons.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London

White Elephant? What?

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Fully agree. May be if he tried taking his hands out of his pockets and looking slightly more interested it would be a start?!

There is no way a coach/manager, whatever you want to call him, can build any sort of rapport with his players if he can't hold a full conversation with them. Simples!

I see, like Pochettino's great results with Southampton or when FC Twente won the Dutch league under McLaren or Wenger led Arsenal to the double in his first year or Morinho's success with Chelsea or

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
The fees for Ulloa, CMS, Buckley and any other players signed by GP that are still here are all part of this seasons budget. Ulloa, for example, may have been signed last January, but his contract amortisation is 500k per year for the next 3 seasons.

I totally agree with you and understand how the fees are spread out, but i think it's the more 'uninformed' among us, or those that choose to ignore it that are using the 'spend' argument.

C

CT1

Couldn't care less about post match entertainment. He appreciates the fans and has us playing quality football, cant ask for more.

ruthers

Feb 24, 2013
Oscar's post match interviews are never very inspiring but some blame should go to the dull, neutral questions he is asked.
The interviewer always seems scared to ask anything controversial for fear of upsetting Oscar, although yesterday he did politely confront Oscar with the fact that some fans believe we aren't very ambitious at home....rather an understatement some might suggest, to which Oscar replied that he had the stats and it proved to him those people couldn't have been at the game!

I was also interested to hear he doesn't look at the league table! And there was me thinking that was quite important....oh well.

surlyseagull

Aug 23, 2008
What do you want him to say? Make excuses or blame the ref? I judge us on our performances on the pitch, I really couldn't care less whether his post match press conferences are 'entertaining' or not.

Totally agree

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here