Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia has to be our most boring manager ever.

D

Deleted User X18H

He makes Mike Bailey look gung - ho.
But under Bailey we finshed 13th out of 92 .

D

Deleted User X18H

Surely anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would have taken off Andrews at 2-0 maybe even 75 minutes put on Rodrigiuez . Ince in the Bridcutt position, Lingard in behind Ulloa and Spanish Rod and Bucket and Lua Lua supplying .

Trevor

In my Fifties, still know nothing
NSC Patron
Dec 16, 2012
Milton Keynes
I hope we stick with OG.

I'm not really interested in the post-match interviews - they don't all have to be Coco the clown. A glance at the league table shows that we stand an outside chance of the play-offs (which is about where we thought we might be when OG was appointed), we don't score enough goals but we have as good a defence as anyone

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
I quite like the bloke from what ive seen of him.
His post match interviews, are boring, but then again, the interviewers seem to ask him the same questions, that he has from day one, avoided answering. At some point, I would hope they spot that.

Commander

NSC Patron
Apr 28, 2004
London
I quite like the bloke from what ive seen of him.
His post match interviews, are boring, but then again, the interviewers seem to ask him the same questions, that he has from day one, avoided answering. At some point, I would hope they spot that.

You'd think so, wouldn't you? I can't see why anyone is bothered about a football manager repeatedly answering the same boring questions he gets asked every week for ten minutes after a game. How that can possibly affect anyone's enjoyment of the day, or help to form any kind of judgement on his managerial abilities, is beyond me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
sorry OP you are wrong
two words
Mike Baily

sorry Hb&B
did not see your post
some on here will not remember him???

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
As for Oscar Garcia- I couldn't care less if he reads the entire text of James Joyce's Ulysses in Serbo-Croat after matches: as far as I'm concerned, he's here to manage our football team, not provide post match entertainment for the short-attention-span contingent.

If you honestly think that it's more important to listen to "spontaneous" witty quips, and hilarious, media-pleasing pantomime buffoonery from your manager, I suggest you sod off and support Millwall.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
As for Oscar Garcia- I couldn't care less if he reads the entire text of James Joyce's Ulysses in Serbo-Croat after matches: as far as I'm concerned, he's here to manage our football team, not provide post match entertainment for the short-attention-span contingent.

If you honestly think that it's more important to listen to "spontaneous" witty quips, and hilarious, media-pleasing pantomime buffoonery from your manager, I suggest you sod off and support Millwall.

excelllent

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I haven't a clue what he says in interviews, he talks so quietly it's barely audible

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Surely anyone with an ounce of football knowledge would have taken off Andrews at 2-0 maybe even 75 minutes put on Rodrigiuez . Ince in the Bridcutt position, Lingard in behind Ulloa and Spanish Rod and Bucket and Lua Lua supplying .

so what you are saying there is that Garcia has no football knowledge or very little...o dear

PS we seem to have been creating opportunities but not finishing ..please let me know why it would have made any difference

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
You'd think so, wouldn't you? I can't see why anyone is bothered about a football manager repeatedly answering the same boring questions he gets asked every week for ten minutes after a game. How that can possibly affect anyone's enjoyment of the day, or help to form any kind of judgement on his managerial abilities, is beyond me.

As you've said previously, give me quiet, thoughtful Oscar every day over some faux-charismatic, media-kissing look-at-me Mr Personality.

From Ian Holloway's press conference after losing at Leeds yesterday:

Journo: "Ian, were you pleased with the spirit your side showed in the second half today?"

Holloway: "I can't say I'm pleased at the moment mate. I'd rather rip your head off, kick it down the street...I mean, you only want the truth, don't you? That's what I'd rather do than have to sit here and answer an absolute load of bullshit questions that I don't want to do"

Yep, that's the sort of passion that's clearly inspiring Millwall all the way, right?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Gutted when Palace sacked him

So was I, he was transparently so out of his depth, they were nailed on to go down before he threw in the towel. Now, despite being on a fairly crappy run, a couple of decent wins under Pulis have allowed them to benefit from the overwhelming shit-ness of Fulham, Cardiff and Sunderland, and no matter how rubbish they play, they seem incapable of slipping back into the bottom three. They're going to stay up by default at this rate...

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Oscar's interviews are fine. He said week 1 that "he only looks at the next game, and not the table", "he will not talk about individual players, just the team" it is not his fault that the interviewer asks him the same bloody questions, which he always answers the same way. To be honest I much rather have Oscar who seems respectful, then some slimy git like Atkins, or total @rse hole like Billy Davis. Give the bloke a break, despite yesterdays disappointment, he is doing a bloody good job.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
I have to say the questions at the press conferences are very boring and predictable and sometimes embarrassing. They ask the same questions every week and get the same answers. Did anyone even ask him after the match yesterday why he substituted Lingard?

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Maybe the REAL point is that if OG is rather uninspiring in his media duties then it may well be that he is not particularly inspiring in the dressing room and perhaps that IS affecting our performances on the pitch?!

I think there is more to motivating and coaching a football team than that. He's working with them all week - not just the 5 minutes before they go out on the pitch.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here