Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Oscar Garcia has to be our most boring manager ever.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
It's very hard to dislike Garcia, as there is nothing to dislike about the guy. But it is also very hard to warm to him as well, as he shows all the passion of a goldfish. I must admit I thought Poyet was a total tosser and I haven't changed my mind at all. But I think if Garcia was to show a bit more passion, hopefully it might rub off on the pitch....Poyet and Garcia are the total opposite of each other in personality, but in football terms I don't see a lot of difference, although Garcia hasn't had the riches to spend that Poyet had.

Paul Barber said he had a slightly improved budget as he'd made more savings last summer than he thought he could.

Where were you last week when we won 2 matches on the bounce?

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
Of which you have absolutely no evidence for whatsoever. I'd say it's much more likely that OG is just a hell of a lot more media savvy than our last manager. And it wouldn't surprise me at all if he'd been specifically instructed to act in this way by the likes of Bloom and Barber, after the fiasco caused by our last manager speaking his mind too often.

Some people just need something to moan about. Last manger - too opinionated. This manager - not opinionated enough. Ridiculous.

Well several of the players saying he is quiet and doesn't say a lot maybe points in that direction - though I genuinely hope I am wrong!

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Oscar did get extremely animated once in the first half when telling the team to up the tempo. He is doing a great job despite the result today.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I quite like having a head coach who wants to talk football rather than just drawing attention to himself, What I do find boring and predictable is knowing the sort of threads we'll get on here as soon as we lose a game.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
At least Gus, like him or not, had some interesting to say after most games. OG just comes out with the same old boring crap and doesn't even attempt to answer the questions. I realise that English isn't his first language, but come on, Oscar, show a bit of animation and passion. You could very easily fall asleep listening to him and I'm afraid the team seem to have taken to playing in exactly the same way.

Only so many times a manager can answer the same dreary questions. Patently its a chore they'd rather not have to do at all. Takes a special kind of madman to consistently give an entertaining interview.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I quite like having a head coach who wants to talk football rather than just drawing attention to himself, What I do find boring and predictable is knowing the sort of threads we'll get on here as soon as we lose a game.

I agree. I watched the Chelsea/Arsenal game earlier and someone described Wenger as a 'scholar' of football. I can see that with Oscar; a very studious man who is passionate about the game, but probably doesn't care much for the interview side of things - more than likely much more communicative on the training ground than in press conferences.

I'm happy with that.

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
Pretty sure Forster Caskey said earlier in the week that he's the best man manager he's played under or words to that effect. Martinez at Everton never seems to say much in his post match interviews but it doesn't seem

rogersix

Jan 18, 2014
team tactics(stroke it about in their half) and formation(4-1-3-2), does need to be more positive at home(and blubing fans). team not yet OG's. worst case scenario; no extended season, and £££s(and not prem whipping boys), boo hoo. its all good! next year, aaaah, next year:wave:

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Managers are not there to provide entertaining press conferences. They are there to provide entertaining teams that win matches. On the latter point, clearly Garcia came up short today. If the former is what you want, you might as well appoint Ian Holloway. Doesn't sound so appetising now, does it?

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
Managers are not there to provide entertaining press conferences. They are there to provide entertaining teams that win matches. On the latter point, clearly Garcia came up short today. If the former is what you want, you might as well appoint Ian Holloway. Doesn't sound so appetising now, does it?

He did get a rubbish team into the Premier League though.

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
FFS...... Okay we lost a game we should have won and our Coach isn't Ant & Dec. But he's honest and to be fair to him if it hadn't been for the terrible Gus induced start to the season the playoffs would be cut and dried for us by now. He's done ok..... though I'm not going to the pub with him :smile:

Stuart Munday

Jul 6, 2003
Saltdean
And would have also made certain that they got relegated too had he remained, whereas his successor has at least given them a chance of staying up.

But he did get them there and all the millions that go with it, I agree he would of got them relegated but the main aim for clubs like us,Forest etc is to get promoted then spend the money sensibly to try and stay up or use if we get relegated to have another go.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
But he did get them there and all the millions that go with it, I agree he would of got them relegated but the main aim for clubs like us,Forest etc is to get promoted then spend the money sensibly to try and stay up or use if we get relegated to have another go.

Presumably though your school of thought would be for Brighton to stay in the Premier League as and when they get there - yes? I see Holloway, Warnock, McCarthy etc as types that get you to the Premier League with teams of honest triers but then find they need more when they get there, whereas Brighton are trying to get there using a 'model' which they can then stick to when they get there for continuity, as previously demonstrated by Swansea.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
I don't really care what he says about performances. Most coaches and managers talk shite but his team is boring that's for sure.

Creaky

Mar 26, 2013
Hookwood - Nr Horley
Presumably though your school of thought would be for Brighton to stay in the Premier League as and when they get there - yes? I see Holloway, Warnock, McCarthy etc as types that get you to the Premier League with teams of honest triers but then find they need more when they get there, whereas Brighton are trying to get there using a 'model' which they can then stick to when they get there for continuity, as previously demonstrated by Swansea.

How many teams that do get promoted to the Premier League hang onto their managers? - if/when we get promoted what makes you think we wouldn't go for a more experienced manager? ???

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here