Open letter to gus

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Pbseagull if your that unhappy than don't go. simple really

At what point did I even intimate that I am unhappy with Gus and the Team. The OP WAS MEANT AS IRONY AND TO PROVOKE A RESPONSE

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There's been more than one person on here suggesting that Poyet's style of football is not going to work for us, as well as reports of people at the ground saying things like "can only see relegation for us". Gus will play his style of football because he believes it is the right way and although we may not have all the right players at the moment, he is not going to abandon that style. Maybe this is a stubborn attitude but it's one I applaud and will continue to support, it may not be bringing results now but I have full confidence it will. People who are suggesting we change the style are practically saying we need a new manager as Gus made it clear from day 1, it's what he is all about.

I think too much weight is being given to too few extremes. I don't think comments like 'can only see relegation for us' = get rid of gus or I'd rather we were paying in the lower divisions, it's simply a pessimistic outlook on the back of an 8 game winless run.

Big FAT Sam's UGLY FOOTBALL or Lord Poyet's Beautiful Game 91% want to keep the gus poyet style, the other nine per cent are made up of people like thecompletebadger who only seems to contribute when we're not winning regardless of the manager, and porkpie who seems to revel in misery. I don't think you can base the opinions of "many albion fans" on these people.

This sort of thread would be appropriate if there was a sea change in opinion on gus, but there isn't. The overwhelming majority of posters, are happy with gus and the style he wants to play. If you remove posters like TBC and others who revel in us losing and thus can't be taken seriously, I reckon pretty much all posters are happy with gus and the style he wants to play.

There aren't nearly enough people calling for the style to change and gus to go to warrant such a thread.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Congratulations,you have just won wanker of the season award please step up at next home game and collect your prize so fellow brighton fans can thank you in a personal way.

I Whole heartedly apologise for my somewhat misguided attempt at a tongue in cheek OP, from the vitroil posted back from some I have obviously caused offence, that was not the intention, however the OP was somewhat juvenile at best. I truly believe that we have the makings of a fantastic team with a superb Manager. To all that have posted back such damning comments, please have a look at some of the Threads Re: last nights game! ( I was there and feel that we played them off the pitch and Gus just needs to tweek the speed of our passing along with a bit of rejigging with support upfront for CMS) Some of the threads and posts about how crap we are/were angered me into posting the thread. Obviously a bit of an error on my part

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I think too much weight is being given to too few extremes. I don't think comments like 'can only see relegation for us' = get rid of gus or I'd rather we were paying in the lower divisions, it's simply a pessimistic outlook on the back of an 8 game winless run.

Big FAT Sam's UGLY FOOTBALL or Lord Poyet's Beautiful Game 91% want to keep the gus poyet style, the other nine per cent are made up of people like thecompletebadger who only seems to contribute when we're not winning regardless of the manager, and porkpie who seems to revel in misery. I don't think you can base the opinions of "many albion fans" on these people.

This sort of thread would be appropriate if there was a sea change in opinion on gus, but there isn't. The overwhelming majority of posters, are happy with gus and the style he wants to play. If you remove posters like TBC and others who revel in us losing and thus can't be taken seriously, I reckon pretty much all posters are happy with gus and the style he wants to play.

There aren't nearly enough people calling for the style to change and gus to go to warrant such a thread.

Maybe you're right, but I have been getting more and more irritated by the negative posts from the posters you mention and more, I actually told someone to f off this morning which I haven't done before, so I do sympathise with the OP's post somewhat. As you say though, it is a vocal minority but that's how these things start, we're going to struggle to get anything at Birmingham on Saturday so I can see things getting worse before they get better and if that happens the more and more people will start to question Poyet

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP

A far better balanced view than the OP... well put Acker, and no poor irony needed.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
I Whole heartedly apologise for my somewhat misguided attempt at a tongue in cheek OP, from the vitroil posted back from some I have obviously caused offence, that was not the intention, however the OP was somewhat juvenile at best. I truly believe that we have the makings of a fantastic team with a superb Manager. To all that have posted back such damning comments, please have a look at some of the Threads Re: last nights game! ( I was there and feel that we played them off the pitch and Gus just needs to tweek the speed of our passing along with a bit of rejigging with support upfront for CMS) Some of the threads and posts about how crap we are/were angered me into posting the thread. Obviously a bit of an error on my part

A lot of people on here completely missed the point of your post and launched into abuse. Don't think you have anything to apologise about

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
A lot of people on here completely missed the point of your post and launched into abuse. Don't think you have anything to apologise about

I agree. Fair enough that some people thought it was good irony and others thought it was bad but it is amazing that so many didn't recognise it as irony at all. Bit embarrassing really.

hola gus

Aug 8, 2010
I agree. Fair enough that some people thought it was good irony and others thought it was bad but it is amazing that so many didn't recognise it as irony at all. Bit embarrassing really.

This!

chrissyboy01

Sep 24, 2011
Dear Gus,
It is with much regret that I am having to request that you leave the Albion at your earliest convenience and ply your trade elsewhere. It has become evident over the last few weeks that many BHA supporters feel that you are just not up to the standard required for an Albion manager, they are obviously not content that you are building a team to consolidate us in the Championship after getting us up in such style after only one season in charge. These so called "Supportors" I fear would much prefer a manager who can keep us in Leagues 1 & 2 with a continual struggle. So I feel that you would be so much better placed going elewhere and building a team that will I'm sure achieve greatness. I feel it is a shame, as on a personal note I think that you are the best manager we have had in an awfully long time, however as previously mentioned there are "too many" who plainly just don't agree. I will have a word with Tony Bloom on your behalf and ask him to give you a good reference.
many thanks and kindest regards
A LOYAL FAN

I can't be the only one that cringed whilst reading that :facepalm:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010
Dear Gus,
It is with much regret that I am having to request that you leave the Albion at your earliest convenience and ply your trade elsewhere. It has become evident over the last few weeks that many BHA supporters feel that you are just not up to the standard required for an Albion manager, they are obviously not content that you are building a team to consolidate us in the Championship after getting us up in such style after only one season in charge. These so called "Supportors" I fear would much prefer a manager who can keep us in Leagues 1 & 2 with a continual struggle. So I feel that you would be so much better placed going elewhere and building a team that will I'm sure achieve greatness. I feel it is a shame, as on a personal note I think that you are the best manager we have had in an awfully long time, however as previously mentioned there are "too many" who plainly just don't agree. I will have a word with Tony Bloom on your behalf and ask him to give you a good reference.
many thanks and kindest regards
A LOYAL FAN

Well done, a good ironic post that was far too subtle?! for some on here who were suckered.

The level of clamour for Gus to change his approach has been gradually building on here over the weeks and it was reaching a crescendo last night. As he stated so clearly last year, it's football his way or he's off. All this rubbish about traditional English football, big solid forwards, and backs, and whilst you're at it, midfield too is just so against what he and Tony B are trying to build for the future that it's just, well, rubbish. Get wiv de program.

Don't apologise, your ungrammatic (hah!) post simply emphasises - In Gus We Trust :thumbsup:

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Well done, a good ironic post that was far too subtle?! for some on here who were suckered.

The level of clamour for Gus to change his approach has been gradually building on here over the weeks and it was reaching a crescendo last night. As he stated so clearly last year, it's football his way or he's off. All this rubbish about traditional English football, big solid forwards, and backs, and whilst you're at it, midfield too is just so against what he and Tony B are trying to build for the future that it's just, well, rubbish. Get wiv de program.

Don't apologise, your ungrammatic (hah!) post simply emphasises - In Gus We Trust :thumbsup:

Thankyou :blush:. The reason for the previous apology was because I didn't realise that so many would not get the Irony intended (Even if it was not that good an attempt! )

liam82

Onwards and Upwards
Apr 8, 2007
Eastbourne
What's everyone's problem here ? chill out.

I clearly understood this post was tounge in cheek the first sentence that I read.

Those that didn't :facepalm:

Brightonfan1983

Jul 5, 2003
UK
Nothing wrong with the OP's post at all. People should read all of the words on the page, rather than just the headline. Including, it would appear, one of the mods!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports