Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Open letter to gus

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
Dear Gus,
It is with much regret that I am having to request that you leave the Albion at your earliest convenience and ply your trade elsewhere. It has become evident over the last few weeks that many BHA supporters feel that you are just not up to the standard required for an Albion manager, they are obviously not content that you are building a team to consolidate us in the Championship after getting us up in such style after only one season in charge. These so called "Supportors" I fear would much prefer a manager who can keep us in Leagues 1 & 2 with a continual struggle. So I feel that you would be so much better placed going elewhere and building a team that will I'm sure achieve greatness. I feel it is a shame, as on a personal note I think that you are the best manager we have had in an awfully long time, however as previously mentioned there are "too many" who plainly just don't agree. I will have a word with Tony Bloom on your behalf and ask him to give you a good reference.
many thanks and kindest regards
A LOYAL FAN

:bla::bla::bla::bla:

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Not sure why the facepalms etc, Pbseagull is just showing what some of the fans on here actually think having read a lot of threads over the last few weeks. No need for any abuse towards him! Would be quite funny if it wasn't so true

I don't believe that is true.

People have criticised bad performances, players, lack of plan b. I don't believe any have suggested Gus isn't up to it (at most there is a feeling that is still learning - it is, after all his first time managing at this level) and certainly not that he should go, or expressed a wish to go back to league one and two.

Last night was the first time any 'serious discussion' was given to abandoning the style of play and that received a resounding 'no way, let's keep it, just improve it/personnel'.

Pbseagull is doing what an increasing number of people do lately, by trying to suggest anyone who feels the need to discuss the flaws in our performances/team don't have a right to their opinion or to have the discussion and in an effort to undermine their position take all the negative comments, however well-reasoned, and extrapolate them way beyond the point they were intended to make anyone who suggests anything similar seem ridiculous by association.

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Not at all, far from it!! but with all due respect the letter is poor eh? please do tell, what is the point of it?

The point was to hilight my frustration at so many negative posts

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
congratulations,you have just won wanker of the season award please step up at next home game and collect your prize so fellow brighton fans can thank you in a personal way.

whoooosshhh

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford

People have criticised bad performances, players, lack of plan b. I don't believe any have suggested Gus isn't up to it (at most there is a feeling that is still learning - it is, after all his first time managing at this level) and certainly not that he should go, or expressed a wish to go back to league one and two.

Pbseagull is doing what an increasing number of people do lately, by trying to suggest anyone who feels the need to discuss the flaws in our performances/team don't have a right to their opinion or to have the discussion and in an effort to undermine their position take all the negative comments, however well-reasoned, and extrapolate them way beyond the point they were intended to make anyone who suggests anything similar seem ridiculous by association.

Exactly, well put

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
So what some people are saying on this website is that sifting through the shyte to find constructive criticism is beyond their capabilities? So let's start attention seeking threads to just accuse anyone of despondency at a bad run, doesn't support their football team? I think it is people like you that need to look at yourselves. If people can't say what they feel and everyone has to agree then what is the point in a discussion forum? Get some perspective huh?

hitony

Administrator
Jul 13, 2005
South Wales (im not welsh !!)
The point was to hilight my frustration at so many negative posts

Ok I accept your point (and not saying I entirely disagree with you) but are others not allowed their point of views? even if they are negative, and would it not be more prudent to put up an eduacted debate with others rather than putting up something like you have that will (and already has, see above) only provoke a reaction.

I can see you are an eduacated man so I know you are more than capable of better than your original post :thumbsup:

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
I am just amazed that someone with so little intelligence can type, or did he get his carer to do it for you

What a complete **** you are but instead of getting the hump I will just feel sorry for you as this is obviously the only way you can draw attention to yourself and in turn add a little light to your otherwaise sad lonely existance

The ignorant one is you. Can't you recognise irony when it comes along and slaps you round the face?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
So what some people are saying on this website is that sifting through the shyte to find constructive criticism is beyond their capabilities? So let's start attention seeking threads to just accuse anyone of despondency at a bad run, doesn't support their football team? I think it is people like you that need to look at yourselves. If people can't say what they feel and everyone has to agree then what is the point in a discussion forum? Get some perspective huh?

Exactly .... again!

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005

Last night was the first time any 'serious discussion' was given to abandoning the style of play and that received a resounding 'no way, let's keep it, just improve it/personnel'.

There's been more than one person on here suggesting that Poyet's style of football is not going to work for us, as well as reports of people at the ground saying things like "can only see relegation for us". Gus will play his style of football because he believes it is the right way and although we may not have all the right players at the moment, he is not going to abandon that style. Maybe this is a stubborn attitude but it's one I applaud and will continue to support, it may not be bringing results now but I have full confidence it will. People who are suggesting we change the style are practically saying we need a new manager as Gus made it clear from day 1, it's what he is all about.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
There's been more than one person on here suggesting that Poyet's style of football is not going to work for us, as well as reports of people at the ground saying things like "can only see relegation for us". Gus will play his style of football because he believes it is the right way and although we may not have all the right players at the moment, he is not going to abandon that style. Maybe this is a stubborn attitude but it's one I applaud and will continue to support, it may not be bringing results now but I have full confidence it will. People who are suggesting we change the style are practically saying we need a new manager as Gus made it clear from day 1, it's what he is all about.

Depends how they are suggesting we change the style of play? To be honest I skim over the stuff that just makes no sense. If we are talking playing stronger then I would agree!

tottenhamseagull

Jul 7, 2008
A direct insult like that just is not necessary, the mans done a post and yes it ok to comment etc, but don't insult him directly, it just is not wanted on NSC, feel free to disagree but disagree without being insulting please.

Do me a favour. We're always so quick to criticise. No one wrote "letters" when we beat Peterborough and Charlton away. Praising Gus did they?

Pbseagull

Sep 28, 2011
Eastbourne
Ok I accept your point (and not saying I entirely disagree with you) but are others not allowed their point of views? even if they are negative, and would it not be more prudent to put up an eduacted debate with others rather than putting up something like you have that will (and already has, see above) only provoke a reaction.

I can see you are an eduacated man so I know you are more than capable of better than your original post :thumbsup:

Point taken and accepted

Lincoln Imp

Feb 2, 2009
I just don't understand how someone can post a passable attack on the moaners and whingers using the ancient English device of irony and have a large number of people miss the point entirely. Are they American?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here