Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Olympics viewing strategy

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Germany a different class in the dressage

GB takes the bronze in dressage.

I chuckle at dancing horses.
There’s admiration for controlling a skateboard, canoe, bmx, cycle, yacht etc but poke fun at riders who have the skill & horsemanship to control an animal through very intricate movements.

Pierre the Painter

May 20, 2020
A bad day for the Olympics overall with the loss of Simone Biles in the gymnastics and Naomi Osaka losing in the tennis.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales

There’s admiration for controlling a skateboard, canoe, bmx, cycle, yacht etc but poke fun at riders who have the skill & horsemanship to control an animal through very intricate movements.

It takes years of training to get a horse to this level, Dujardin’s horse will be at its peak for the next olympics (barring injury). It’s not everyone’s cup of tea but as you say the skill levels are really high, every footfall counts.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey

I think the best place for dressage is Britain's got talent, along with the stupid dog trainers. Nothing screams "human talent, fitness and skill" more than sitting on a horse and walking it round a small patio.

And then onto the One Show where our horsey Olympians can once again show off their nonsense to an adoring British public, like this:
[yt]07HWq9hcrGY[/yt]

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
just found out I have a six month free subscription to Discovery+ with my Vodaphone monthly phone contract-thats me sorted for the rest of the Olympics :)

Randy McNob

Now go home and get your f#cking Shinebox
Jun 13, 2020
perv corner. The tight outfits in the womens softball were worth a watch

...then womens Triathlon....cycling in wet swimsuits....

Last edited:

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Massive steering problems for GB in the rowing.

Lost it in the last 150m and almost crashed!

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The GB Men's Four were weaving around their lane like a drunk making their way home. They almost went out of their lane on their left, then over-compensated and crashed through the buoys on their right. They'll be lucky not to be disqualified, the Italians were almost rammed.

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Much better in the Men's Quadruple Sculls who managed to hang on for a silver medal.

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
Superb from the Men's Quad Sculls to take silver from Lane 1. That makes up for the previous race disaster.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here