[Other Sport] Olympics viewing strategy

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
perv corner. The tight outfits in the womens softball were worth a watch

...then womens Triathlon....cycling in wet swimsuits....

Just watching the women's 200m freestyle swimming, where Seemanova is up against Titmus...

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
Mrs Earle just got me out of bed to find Murray/Salisbury match. No sign of it anywhere.

I'm going down to the tennis centre in a minute for a reccy to see if there's any viewing lines. If there is, I'll live stream the semis and final for you.*

The BMX and skateboarding is next to the tennis and the climbing, 3v3 basketball and five a side football(had no idea that was an olympic sport) is just down the road. I might set up as a rival to the bbc.**

* I won't. I have no idea how to do that.

** I won't. See above.

Gun shot

Ready to be fired
Oct 3, 2020
In a holster
Enjoyed the men's road cycling earlier. Poor Tom Dumoulin. I thought the Dutchman had timed his run perfectly late on but well done to Slovenia's Primoż Roglic who held him off very comfortably in the end.

The rugby is brilliant. Go, go Fiji! Beat the all-blacks in the final!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Enjoyed the men's road cycling earlier. Poor Tom Dumoulin. I thought the Dutchman had timed his run perfectly late on but well done to Slovenia's Primoż Roglic who held him off very comfortably in the end.

The rugby is brilliant. Go, go Fiji! Beat the all-blacks in the final!
I've absolutely loved the rugby. Union or league? Meh. Sevens is a far better watch than both of them.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
I was gutted for the Team GB Rugby Sevens boys... programme cut in January... then the lottery stepped in and they were able to resume training (starting off in their own kit, as they didn't even have training kits), a medal of any colour would have been a massive achievement.

I hope the girls get a medal - I have really enjoyed the sevens, as I did with the Rio Olympics. It is a really great addition.

But Fiji, what heros. Back to back Olympic champions, for a nation that had never won a medal of any colour before Rio.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I'm going down to the tennis centre in a minute for a reccy to see if there's any viewing lines. If there is, I'll live stream the semis and final for you.*

The BMX and skateboarding is next to the tennis and the climbing, 3v3 basketball and five a side football(had no idea that was an olympic sport) is just down the road. I might set up as a rival to the bbc.**

* I won't. I have no idea how to do that.

** I won't. See above.

So, the tennis is completely not viewable, there's a 10 foot wall around the park that it's situated in. The BMX/Skateboarding park and climbing wall have some kind of sightlines though. If I'm free at the right times I might go see me some Olympics! Provided the police allow me and not many other people have the same idea...

bmx1.jpg
bmx 2.jpg
bmx 3.jpg
climbing.jpg

zeemeeuw

Apr 8, 2006
Somerset
Our eternal Olympic underachievers the GB swimming team have really turned up this year but what's happened to our rowers? They were always good for a gold or 3 but now seems we can't even row straight.

Lyndhurst 14

Jan 16, 2008
Don't think the Italians were too impressed when the Brits zig zagged and hit them, might have prevented them getting a silver

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
2 GB medals within a few minutes of each other!

Bronze in Shooting...

...and Silver in Canoe Slalom.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
GB women's rugby 7's team. :love:

Albion in the north

Jul 13, 2012
Ooop North
Sailors are going great guns at the moment.
Emma Wilson is guaranteed a medal in the RSX - Womens. Currently 2nd overall
Tom Squires in 6th in RSX Men. Just the medal race to go. Outside chance of a medal.
2nd after 4/10 Races in 470 Men. Ditto for the Women
Leading in 49er and 49erFX at the half way stage
Giles Scott leading in the Finn after 6 of 10 races. Has won the last 4 races.
Elliott Hanson currently 12 in the Laser after 8 of 10 races. Decent chance of making the medal race.
Ali Young 10th in Laser Radial after 8 of 10 races.
Nacra 17 in 2nd after 6 of 12 races

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All the handball keepers seem to have a touch of the Ryan-itis. Almost every shot on target is a goal.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports