Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Other Sport] Olympics viewing strategy

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
what a great bit of film. Tom Dean's family and friend gathering watch the final. This is what its all about...

[video]https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/av/olympics/57979950[/video]

Scenes...

So tough for these swimmers through the covid hell of lockdowns, getting the virus etc...

Berty23

Jun 26, 2012
Taekwondo is bonkers. Milliseconds from the final and a headshot loses it for Walkden

I am a bit ignorant on this but isn’t her play there to take a couple of steps backwards? I don’t get why she even engaged. The clock had stopped with three seconds left so surely she could runaway for three seconds without losing her lead.

schmunk

"Members"
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
Taekwondo is bonkers. Milliseconds from the final and a headshot loses it for Walkden

Almost as stupid as the skateboarding scoring, where they skated around doing several tricks for 45 seconds to pick up 2-4 points, but were then winning 3-5 points in the second part for doing a single trick down a handrail. It's equivalent to finishing every single football match with a round of penalties and then deciding the result based on the overall total score. :facepalm:

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I am a bit ignorant on this but isn’t her play there to take a couple of steps backwards? I don’t get why she even engaged. The clock had stopped with three seconds left so surely she could runaway for three seconds without losing her lead.

Well I'm as ignorant as you and wondered the same thing yesterday when the Welsh woman lost in the last 2 seconds. I presume that taking a step back opens you up to a high scoring move? After all, unlike boxing you can use your legs and they are far longer than your arms...

Normal Rob

Jul 8, 2003
Somerset
Watching that really made me well up. You can just imagine it being one of your mates/family members - you'd go mental just like them.

me too. To be honest, I don't know how the Mum kept it together so well. I'd have been a screaming blubbering mess.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
me too. To be honest, I don't know how the Mum kept it together so well. I'd have been a screaming blubbering mess.

Been there and done that, and it was only the cadet’s finals at Cosford. That was the highest athletics level my daughter ever got, but I was a mess!

um bongo molongo

Jul 26, 2004
Battersea

I keep thinking this as well. She would lose one point for stepping out but was 2 up? Maybe we need an Italian coach to teach them how to run the clock down…

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here