Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ok NSC what would you do? Diclofenec and Co-codimal Advice

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I still have 40 tablets of Naproxen 500mg, for my left knee which tends to give me severe pain at times. It finished my Sunday morning football and I find it difficult to jog with the weight put on it. I got terrible stomach ache and had to eat plain food when I was taking them.

Tramadol is much more effective although I will probably need an operation on my knee when I'm older.

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
I still have 40 tablets of Naproxen 500mg, for my left knee which tends to give me severe pain at times. It finished my Sunday morning football and I find it difficult to jog with the weight put on it. I got terrible stomach ache and had to eat plain food when I was taking them.

Tramadol is much more effective although I will probably need an operation on my knee when I'm older.
My doctor always prescribes omeprazole to counteract the side effects of diclofenac.
M

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012

Have a spoonful of gaviscon just before you take them next time, it will coat your stomach lining and not give you stomach ache.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
An epidural worked for me. Better than all those tablets.

Midfield Minton

Dec 18, 2013
I had three epidurals in a f#*ked l5,they where not very pleasant and only worked around a week at a time,was on tramadol after my microdiscectomy and they are the worse things I was on and coming off them was the hardest part,also had stomach pains and head aches with diclafenac

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
the consultant has just put me back on them:lolol: he was a decent enough bloke looked like he had just left school, next thing is an angiogram and possibly stents
the laugh was his name is Patel and the senior bloke came in to see me as well and his name is Patel as well, I asked junior if he was related and his answer was "do you know how many Patels' there are in India" as I said a decent bloke.
you will never hear a bad word from me about the DGH in Eastbourne .

If i remember it correctly Glas the Patel thing is all to do with the caste system An indian chap explained it years ago to me
He was a genuine Patel apparently.I had no reason to doubt him due to his position /status. It seems many indians change their names to Patel especially when moving to a foreign country as a way to better themselves

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
3 days on co-codimal and I must say things are OK and I am only taking 4 a day when I could take double that, the first hour they rather space me out but hardly any pain, sleeping a lot better as well
so all in all maybe I was worrying to much but it is early days yet and its wet and cold normally when my pain is at its worst

I found that Tramadol where a little like blue Smarties(pretty useless) but different drugs for different people I suppose,I didn't find Morphine a lot of good either
as they say keep smiling and taking the pills:)

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
OK
so I have decided to go back on Diclofenac(from over the counter) after a year of excruciating pain, I had the Angiogram (s) and they found nothing untoward other that whats normal for my age, and when I asked the doctor about this suddenly its my kidneys that are wrong (this is the first I have heard about this) + he looked very sheepish and I am not saying that I disbelieve him but why has this never been mentioned before.
I am 68 for gods sake do I really care if its going to do for me in the next 5 years, theres more chance of being run over by a bus.
no more co-codomol
no more constipation
no more waterworks problems
no more restless nights
no more feeling absolutely knackered
no more headaches
and saving the NHS money
got to be a win,win situation then.
what do you think?

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
OK
so I have decided to go back on Diclofenac(from over the counter) after a year of excruciating pain, I had the Angiogram (s) and they found nothing untoward other that whats normal for my age, and when I asked the doctor about this suddenly its my kidneys that are wrong (this is the first I have heard about this) + he looked very sheepish and I am not saying that I disbelieve him but why has this never been mentioned before.
I am 68 for gods sake do I really care if its going to do for me in the next 5 years, theres more chance of being run over by a bus.
no more co-codomol
no more constipation
no more waterworks problems
no more restless nights
no more feeling absolutely knackered
no more headaches
and saving the NHS money
got to be a win,win situation then.
what do you think?
I dunno glas....I think this sort of thing is best discussed with a doctor, I'd hate to think that someone on here gave you advice that could do you damage. Take care buddy :thumbsup:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Have you tried a pain clinic?

Birdie Boy

Jun 17, 2011
Glasfryn, Severnside Gull mentioned his wife had Kidney failure due to Diclofenac..

"My wife had kidney failure caused by diclofenac but she tends to be hypersensitive to many drugs. Still it's one to keep a careful watch on.
Glad you're keeping on top of things Glas. I guess that one thing at least we old 'uns wont be getting up to over christmas it's getting too pissed too often. With the drugs we are all on it isn't an option any more

Take care "

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
I dunno glas....I think this sort of thing is best discussed with a doctor, I'd hate to think that someone on here gave you advice that could do you damage. Take care buddy :thumbsup:

thanks mate
but I am sick of discussing it with him and the other doctors at the practice
they somehow have it in their minds that they are saving my life.............I mean at 68 they must be kidding
I have been on anti-inflamatory (s) drugs for more than 20 years and now they are trying to save my life, the time to start that was when they were faffing about telling me I did not have anything wrong with my back for 20years then found I had two slipped discs going in different directions.
I am 68 and to be quite honest I don't care any longer
I just hope that the Albion can get to the premiership before anything drastic happens could be touch and go though :lolol:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

FamilyGuy

Jul 8, 2003
Crawley
For what its worth ... I haven't read the entire thread and I'm certainly no expert .... I've been taking Diclofenic very occasionally (on an as-and-when-needed-situation) for several years to combat a "bad back" and more recently more Rheumatic type problems - and as far as I know I have no side effects.

I emphasise that I take it rarely - I'm 61 btw.

It seems to me that for every story like mine there's another that's less positive - probably like most drugs. This is not a recommendation.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
this might be worth a try ........but what could they offer that I have not already tried

Best google it to understand how they work but they use varying methods and practitioners to target pain rather than treat your underlying problem. Shock therapy and acupuncture are sometimes used.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
well I have decided to change doctors
right or wrong its done now, so we will see
the first line of their statement to patients is all about quality of life, I have found out that I am not the only one to change from my previous doctor recently.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
well I have decided to change doctors
right or wrong its done now, so we will see
the first line of their statement to patients is all about quality of life, I have found out that I am not the only one to change from my previous doctor recently.

A meaningless mission statement , they might as well have written "We'll squeeze as much as we can from NHS budgets to keep our employees in their accustomed lifestyles"

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
A meaningless mission statement , they might as well have written "We'll squeeze as much as we can from NHS budgets to keep our employees in their accustomed lifestyles"
:lolol: this is very true but this time I have a lady doctor, who my next door neighbour uses and she treated her husband very well up until he died(he was very ill and had been for many years) and gave he exactly what he wanted drug wise, I am seeing her on Tuesday and will ask her for Naproxen which is not so damaging as Diclofenac and is very nearly as good (only thing is you cannot buy over the counter, so will need a script).
just hope this does the job
edit I am not the only who has moved over from my old doctors to there. oops I already said that:facepalm:

mlg57

Oct 20, 2006
Milton Keynes
I went for a lumbar puncture about 5 years ago, I think? Anyway the doctor cocked up and managed to pierce a nerve, I couldn't believe the pain. To cut a long story short i was prescribed 100 ml Co-Codomol and one Diclofenac 3 times a day which was eventually increased to 300 ml and one Diclofenac three times a day. I took these for a period of three months before the quantities were gradually reduced again. The pain was gone, life was bearable again and no side effects have since occurred. So hope that gives you some help.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here