Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ok NSC what would you do? Diclofenec and Co-codimal Advice

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Volterol is the trade name, the original NSAID. Can be bought off prescription. I had the what else is there conversation with my Doctor, and he gave me Naproxen.
At the moment I would say it has the same effect as Diclofenac, but I do use them for their anti-inflammatory properties for arthritic knees rather than pain release. These things are very personal though.

we are getting old mate
fancy a kick about on Hove rec
we might as well go out enjoying ourselves
and if that does not do the trick I know a couple of nice blondes in Portland Road:lolol:

PS I think that Naproxen has the same sort of side effects as Diclofenac

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
Don't have any medical advice, glas, but do wish you the best with managing the pain and figuring out what to do. And as blondes have more fun, if all else fails head down Portland Road and go out with a bang! Get better soon old boy.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
sort of update
went into hospital twice in the last two weeks as an emergency, both times with a strangulated hernia the second time they repaired it thank God.
all of the Doctor's in there were surprised that my Diclofenac had been stopped and one even suggested that my hernia was made worse due to wind and acid from the Co-codimal.
so I have gone back to the Diclofenac (I have enough for about two weeks) and live in hopes that the heart MRI shows nothing untoward and I can get back to Diclofenac.
umbilical hernia = makes you ever forget you have any other pain

Govinda Tim

Apr 13, 2012
Brighton
I suffered from chronic back pain some years ago and was prescribed a pain killer that at the time was called DF118 or Dihydrocodeine Tartrate. Tiny little saccharin sized pills that worked within 15 minutes of taking it. I only needed them for a week which was enough time for the spasms to cease. Not sure of the side effects long term or even if they are still available but they certainly worked for me.

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
I suffered from chronic back pain some years ago and was prescribed a pain killer that at the time was called DF118 or Dihydrocodeine Tartrate. Tiny little saccharin sized pills that worked within 15 minutes of taking it. I only needed them for a week which was enough time for the spasms to cease. Not sure of the side effects long term or even if they are still available but they certainly worked for me.

They are still available - I was addicted to he buggers for years.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and so went to the Cardiac clinic for tests today two dodgy valves and a thin wall along with a furred up Aorta(which might just have caused the seizure) so more tests and probably an OP at some time.
Diclofenac is apparently a very dirty drug and virtually impossible to match with other drugs so it looks like going back and trying Naproxen which can be taken with other pain killers if I need them.
since the hernia repair very nearly painless
and since the seizure I have lost nearly two(2) stone which can't be bad

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
and so went to the Cardiac clinic for tests today two dodgy valves and a thin wall along with a furred up Aorta(which might just have caused the seizure) so more tests and probably an OP at some time.
Diclofenac is apparently a very dirty drug and virtually impossible to match with other drugs so it looks like going back and trying Naproxen which can be taken with other pain killers if I need them.
since the hernia repair very nearly painless
and since the seizure I have lost nearly two(2) stone which can't be bad

Dirty drug Glas by that I take it you mean the side effects
Aware of stomach problems it can pose but what else does it affect

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Dirty drug Glas by that I take it you mean the side effects
Aware of stomach problems it can pose but what else does it affect

can cause problems with the heart apparently and the main side effect is that any drugs they can give me for the heart can be negated by the Diclofenac
Naproxen is Ok though

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
and now been taken off Naproxen due to my ongoing heart problems
so Co-codimal it is then
bloody doctors
bloody constipation as well
but I have to TRUST them I have no choice

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
can cause problems with the heart apparently and the main side effect is that any drugs they can give me for the heart can be negated by the Diclofenac
Naproxen is Ok though

Took them long enough to come up with those findings, didn't it. Most of the blood pressure tablets and Diclofenac have been around for years. Just had my .75 aspirin confiscated as well. "we don't give them for hypertension anymore."
Good job the hernia is fixed, sounds like your chest is going to be stent city very soon. :xmas:

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
My wife had kidney failure caused by diclofenac but she tends to be hypersensitive to many drugs. Still it's one to keep a careful watch on.
Glad you're keeping on top of things Glas. I guess that one thing at least we old 'uns wont be getting up to over christmas it's getting too pissed too often. With the drugs we are all on it isn't an option any more :(

Take care :lol:

maresfield seagull

May 23, 2006
and now been taken off Naproxen due to my ongoing heart problems
so Co-codimal it is then
bloody doctors
bloody constipation as well
but I have to TRUST them I have no choice

Glass or two of red i have found negates the negative side effects of codeine
But then again most of these pills Can affect each of us in different ways anyhow

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Took them long enough to come up with those findings, didn't it. Most of the blood pressure tablets and Diclofenac have been around for years. Just had my .75 aspirin confiscated as well. "we don't give them for hypertension anymore."
Good job the hernia is fixed, sounds like your chest is going to be stent city very soon. :xmas:

the consultant has just put me back on them:lolol: he was a decent enough bloke looked like he had just left school, next thing is an angiogram and possibly stents
the laugh was his name is Patel and the senior bloke came in to see me as well and his name is Patel as well, I asked junior if he was related and his answer was "do you know how many Patels' there are in India" as I said a decent bloke.
you will never hear a bad word from me about the DGH in Eastbourne .

Muzzy

Jan 25, 2011
Lewes
Diclofenac really isn't a good drug to be taking. I have been prescribed them on occasions but I only take them for the maximum term necessary.
Have you been prescribed any other drug to take in conjunction to negate the side effects?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
My wife had kidney failure caused by diclofenac but she tends to be hypersensitive to many drugs. Still it's one to keep a careful watch on.
Glad you're keeping on top of things Glas. I guess that one thing at least we old 'uns wont be getting up to over christmas it's getting too pissed too often. With the drugs we are all on it isn't an option any more :(

Take care :lol:

thanks mate
you, skipper and myself that make 3 only 8 more like us and we could make a team out on hove rec as I said before what a way to go

Mr Smggles

May 11, 2009
Winchester
I had an operation on my jaw last year and was given co-codamol and diclofenec. I would space out for the afternoon on the co-codamol but feel nothing on the diclofenec. Strange how they would prefer you not to take the diclofenec?

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Waiting for an ankle fusion.

Have been taking Diclofenac and Co-Codamol for while (along with Lanzoprazole for the gastric suppressant side of things). The pain is so bad at times that I have Oramorph as well.

Interesting combination.

blimey that does sound very painful, hope the Op goes well

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here