Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
It was obvious he would never turn p, he had a late night last night

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
Shirley if he had commited 'gross misconduct', he could be fired off pronto. This might point to more of a misdemeanour, with him not going to now tow the line???

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
If I was a player that we were interested in signing, I would be thinking long and hard about whether to join at the moment. Regardless of the fact that the manager is currently suspended, we currently look incapable of organising a piss up in a brewery.

Last edited:

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Following the completion of a detailed internal investigation, Gus Poyet's disciplinary hearing commenced this morning.

However, Gus Poyet elected not to attend for disputed legal reasons. The club's disciplinary panel chose to adjourn the meeting to later this week to provide Mr Poyet with a final opportunity to attend.

The club's separate internal process involving Charlie Oatway continues.

The club will not be making any further comment on either matter at this time.

Read more at http://www.seagulls.co.uk/news/article/club-statement-hearing-870214.aspx#Clm0PjMhsdcHPfDy.99

Sounds to me like GP is being advised by his lawyers to do this. I am surprised he didn't show today following last night speech on national tv. This is way too messy to go back now. I think its almost impossible for us to see GP as manager again at our club.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
The simple answer is to clear him of any wrong doing. Then go and get a director of football who is in charge of transfers etc and Gus will just be the football coach. That will see him leave of his own accord.

Verging on constructive dismissal.

As for disciplinary matters, he has no choice to attend. He has no idea of how the or what the outcome of any disciplinary would be. The time he can challenge it, is when he is sacked.

He clearly can choose not to attend as has been shown by today. Do you really want this dragged through the tribunal's and court system. Expensive and will mean a lot of dirty laundry out in public

IF this turns out to be Barbers fault and Poyet has done nothing wrong I wonder if he realises the harm he will have done to the clubs reputation as an employer.

Needs sorting ASA fvcking P.

EricYoung59

Jul 8, 2012
Nothing's changed then. They're accusing Gus of something he feels is wrong and isn't playing ball until they sort it or sack him. That how I read it anyway. What a mess, no winners.

Isn't there something in statement about "process". My guess is that any lawyer worth his salt will always be able to find something wrong with the legal "process" or at least something they could object to.

So, his legal advice is to not attend until the "process" matter has been clarified.

This could go on for flaming weeks - once lawyers get involved they can make something simple become ultra complex and expensive!

My guess is the club are sure of their position, they will give "the grinning one" a third chance to appear later this week. If he doesn't turn up they will terminate his contract citing they have acted reasonably and in the best commercial and sporting interests of the club (with pre season about to start and fixtures released etc).

His Lawyers will counter claim but this time on the basis of the club honouring his contract (compensation) as the club will have terminated it. This will then go down to arbitration and involve LMA. He won't get 2.5m and we won't get away with paying nothing - this is only my view. Apologies I know we shouldn't surmise, but I cant stop it - this is driving me crazy I seem to have been checking every 10 minutes for updates over the last 4 weeks (like a lot of others I guess!!)

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The club should do the honourable thing and admit that it made a monumental **** up by suspending the management team, and do everything within its power to make peace with Gus, who presumably holds the aces as it is the club who are in the wrong.

A public apology to the fans would not go amiss too.

As none of us have any idea of a) what the alleged breaches of conduct are and b) whether or not the parties concerned are guilty of them, there is no way we can criticise the club for suspending the management team.

What exactly should the club be apologising to the fans for? "Sorry for following corporate and legal practice to avoid us potentially being sued for several millions of pounds by three of our employees."

GoingUp

Aug 14, 2011
Sussex By The Sea
Brian Fantana;5770574[B said:
]If I was a player that we were interested in signing, I would be thinking long and hard about whether to join at the moment. [/B]Regardless of the fact that the manager is currently suspended, we currently look incapable or organising a piss up in a brewery.

Thats why I said few weeks ago.

This is dragging on way too long, next season is looking bleak.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
Lawyers aho may know their jobs - but know diddly-squat about football. Gus is shooting himself in the foot here.

Why is he? He is most likely acting on (very expensive) legal advice who are trying to get him the best deal. The club and their legal advice are trying to do the opposite and get a good deal for themselves. It's the way the system works.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
IF this turns out to be Barbers fault and Poyet has done nothing wrong I wonder if he realises the harm he will have done to the clubs reputation as an employer.

Needs sorting ASA fvcking P.

What of If it turns out that it's Poyets fault, and Barber has acted in the very best interests of the club?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
The club should do the honourable thing and admit that it made a monumental **** up by suspending the management team, and do everything within its power to make peace with Gus, who presumably holds the aces as it is the club who are in the wrong.

A public apology to the fans would not go amiss too.

I couldn't disagree more if you said we should merge with Crystal Palace.

"A public apology to the fans would not go amiss too" - only if it comes from Gus following his shameful behaviour (and I'm basing this only on what we know 100%).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports