Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Statement regarding Gus Poyet on Website NOW *merged*

Sweeney Todd

Apr 24, 2008
Oxford/Lancing
To think that, not long ago, we were dreading another club poaching Gus...

Now, most of us are desperate for that to happen.

Cosmic Joker

The Motorik
Apr 14, 2010
Chichester
In a strongly worded statement, released on their website, the LMA said: "Brighton & Hove Albion FC ordered Gus Poyet to attend a crucial disciplinary hearing today, despite the fact that he only returned from annual leave yesterday and the charges were not particularised until 13th June.

"Further, the very lengthy appendices to the initial report comprise around 500 pages and these were also only delivered recently. Clearly Gus needs to have a fair and reasonable opportunity to respond to what we believe are unfounded charges against him.

So as I said, they already had the 500 page initial report. It was the specifics of the charges that they only got on the 13th, though one would presume the initial report would have had the basic breaches/charges listed in it.

Now, no one knows what 'recently' is in this case, a week? two weeks? and month? Who knows.

Erm. no i'm pretty sure you've misinterpreted that and got it the wrong way round. It says that the appendices to the initial report were 500 pages not the initial report itself. For me, this says that the charges were particularised in an initial report, received on 13th June and that the appendices to the report were delivered separately, more recently than that and were 500 pages long. In many professions it can be common for a main report to only be 30 to 50 pages long, but be supported by hundreds of pages of Appendix A,B...Z consisting of background documents (policy documents, legal guidance etc), plans, figures, analyses, copies of relevant correspondence, notes of meetings etc etc

Last edited:

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Erm. no i'm pretty sure you've misinterpreted that and got it the wrong way round. It says that the appendices to the initial report were 500 pages not the initial report itself. For me, this says that the charges were particularised in an initial report, received on 13th June and that the appendices to the report were delivered separately, more recently than that and were 500 pages long. In many professions it can be common for a main report to only be 30 to 50 pages long, but be supported by hundreds of pages of Appendix A,B...Z consisting of background documents (policy documents, legal guidance etc), plans, figures, analyses, copies of relevant correspondence, notes of meetings etc etc

Thank you - exactly what I was trying to point out ( but clearly failing ! ).

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Why was there a financial offer made which Gus refused?
Some explained this financial offer as the club asked Gus to pay. Now we know that the document was not given to Gus until AFTER the financial payment was turned down, the chances of this being true is very slim.
The most plausible answer is - he has no case to answer and to keep this in house pay him off. He obviously feels let down by the club and has refused as he wants to clear his name. Which anyone would do if you know you have done nothing wrong.

As I have said before, I do not want Gus back. Why? Because the club has made sure whatever the outcome of the investigation the fans will not want him back. A fantastic manager not perfect at all, we all know he made errors, was stubborn, plan b was lacking and said things he shouldn't. But for all that in my eyes he was a great manager for our club and would eventually get us to where he wanted us to be. I do believe the guy to blame for all this is Barber, he clashed with Poyet he wanted rid and he wants to make sure that the fans want rid. Thats the bit I do not understand, Poyet and the team managed to silence kevtherev for so long but after a bit of spin from Mr Barber, Poyet is the bad guy before we even know what the allegations are or if they are true.

Nicely written

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour

This makes no sense, how can an initial report come later than attached appendices that go with it? It wouldn't be an 'Initial' report then would it?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Thank you - exactly what I was trying to point out ( but clearly failing ! ).

Doesn't read like that to me at all.

To me it reads that they had an Initial report, then only recently attached appendices totaling a document to 500 pages. The charges themselves were then not particularised until the 13th.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Why was there a financial offer made which Gus refused?
Some explained this financial offer as the club asked Gus to pay. Now we know that the document was not given to Gus until AFTER the financial payment was turned down, the chances of this being true is very slim.
The most plausible answer is - he has no case to answer and to keep this in house pay him off. He obviously feels let down by the club and has refused as he wants to clear his name. Which anyone would do if you know you have done nothing wrong.

As I have said before, I do not want Gus back. Why? Because the club has made sure whatever the outcome of the investigation the fans will not want him back. A fantastic manager not perfect at all, we all know he made errors, was stubborn, plan b was lacking and said things he shouldn't. But for all that in my eyes he was a great manager for our club and would eventually get us to where he wanted us to be. I do believe the guy to blame for all this is Barber, he clashed with Poyet he wanted rid and he wants to make sure that the fans want rid. Thats the bit I do not understand, Poyet and the team managed to silence kevtherev for so long but after a bit of spin from Mr Barber, Poyet is the bad guy before we even know what the allegations are or if they are true.

Good post and well worth reading.

Ringmer bha

Dec 3, 2009
It's at this point when I should claim to know someone on the inside... in reality this was just a good guess!

Try this for a scenario.

BHA pay up both Charlie and Tanno
Óscar García comes in to replace Charlie as first team coach

As Gus is suspended the running of team affairs gets passed to Óscar García

Wait for another club to buy Gus out... or not...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here