Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Statement regarding Gus Poyet on Website NOW *merged*

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
He is obviously getting professional legal advice - and this is what he was advised to do.

Still defending him I see. I was fairly neutral until the last few days but right now I never want him near this club again which is a terrible shame as it's been one hell of a ride. A wonderful few years completely tainted by the events post Palace - both those we know of (i.e heard) and those we have heard second hand and his taking the piss with his non-attendance.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
Try this for a scenario.

BHA pay up both Charlie and Tanno
Óscar García comes in to replace Charlie as first team coach

As Gus is suspended the running of team affairs gets passed to Óscar García

Wait for another club to buy Gus out... or not...

Like your style.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
So, I think we can safely speculate that he both didn't turn up on Friday and today. The Gus Poyet is bigger than the club roadshow rumbles on. He clearly couldn't give a monkeys about the club.

The "couldn't give a monkeys" comment is an unfair non-sequitur. If he had legal advice not to, would you have turned up.

The trouble is, we don't know.

Poyetry In Motion

Pooetry Motions
Feb 26, 2009
6.61 miles from the Amex
Can we now stop any bullshit about playing poker with Bloom.

Gus holds all the aces here. The longer it drags on, the more damaged the football club becomes. What a total shambles.
You're right in that it's a total shambles, but I think Gus is also damaging his reputation too.

Steve.S

May 11, 2012
Hastings
Statement on Website NOW

If he's disputing a legal matter then his own legal team will have advised him not to attend while the matter is resolved. The club can't sack him, Poyets legal team would have a field day with that and we'd be even worse off than we are now. We need this resolved ASAP but in a way that doesn't mean months possibly years of legal teams posturing towards each other before an out of court settlement is announced. The only winners in that would be the expensive lawyers.

The simple answer is to clear him of any wrong doing. Then go and get a director of football who is in charge of transfers etc and Gus will just be the football coach. That will see him leave of his own accord. As for disciplinary matters, he has no choice to attend. He has no idea of how the or what the outcome of any disciplinary would be. The time he can challenge it, is when he is sacked.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Contemptible behaviour by Poyet. He should be sacked this week. I write those words with a heavy heart as the transformation of the team under Gus has been utterly fantastic, but sadly he has burnt his bridges now. Even if we have to pay him off, get rid, he is taking the proverbial at the moment.

We are done with him now, time to end it once and for all.

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
That would probably constitute constructive dismissal

Does that really count in the world of football? Would it not be reasonable to say the club needs a manager, and the one we have is suspended, so we need another while the investigation goes on. If Gus is innocent, then he gets his job back or a pay off. In theory the investigation could have taken place during the season, rather than close season. I guess the problem would be who wants to manager a club with this shit going on in the background.

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Couple of points. The club have stated disputed legal reasons for not attending, clearly the clubs legal team do not agree he has valid reasons for non attendance. They have also stated final chance to attend. The club will at the next scheduled hearing make a decision based on the facts in hand whether gus is there or not as they are allowed to do. I would be surprised if gus attended later in the week and the club will make a decision based on facts in hand.
This is looks to be heading for employment tribunal and the club are acting to demonstrate they have acted reasonably, such as extending today. One thing for sure it is damaging next season.

SuperBrighton

Apr 18, 2012
Hove
He knew he wasn't going to turn up so all that talk last night on the BBC about being the manager and working hard to get us better was bullsh*t!!!

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
You're right in that it's a total shambles, but I think Gus is also damaging his reputation too.
I think it really does depend on whether he's guilty of a sackable offence.

In any case, we all know what type of business football is - so many spivs happy to take a chance on anyone without morals, so long as they can do a job. It's not like a ruined reputation will count for jack shìt in this game. Even Lee Hughes managed to carry on after a 3 years stretch inside.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
'Horrific' comments :lolol: just after you accuse him of 'not caring'. Club (read Barber) have treated him like shit and are treating the rest of us for fools. Never know anything like this at any club.

How do you reach such conclusions?

An internal investigation is being conducted, with Gus being accused of breach of contract. He failed to turn up to that hearing (possibly twice), and the club are giving him yet another chance to attend.

I fail to see how the club is treating anyone 'like shit', nor Barber (despite my dislike for the guy).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here