*********** OFFICIAL iOS 7 THREAD********

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
iPhone 5 done here too (sorry Acker). Now doing the wife's iPad mini then will do my iPad.

Box of Frogs

Zamoras Left Boot
Oct 8, 2003
Right here, right now
Its worth the wait Acker. You'll look back at this thread and laugh I tell ya.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Screw this. Giving up for the evening. Will give it a go on the docking station over night, if that doesn't work through itunes at some point tomorrow.

wakeytom

Apr 14, 2011
The Hacienda
New look.
Single swip control centre (swipe up from bottom of screen to bring up music controls, quick access to most common settings)
Male and female siri voices
iTunes radio (only available in the US at the moment, I think)
Password store
Torch control

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...S-7-An-Idiots-Guide-to-Apples-new-system.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolo...den-iPhone-features-that-will-be-enabled.html

http://www.apple.com/uk/ios/

Wow you apple people must be so excited that you can now control your phone on a home screen control panel, change the look and even control your torch yawn and people say android is a poor os?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Restart your device and try again.

I was downloading through iTunes. Disconnected, plugged my iPad into the mains socket, started download, done within the hour. Put iPod in the docking station and it has now finished updating and I can get to sleep and enjoy the new ios7 tomorrow.

penny's harmonica

Jan 30, 2012
Phone and pad downloaded but I couldn't install either till this morning.

All very clean and crisp but I phone 4 seems very slow on safari maybe showing its age

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I've updated my phone and iPad with it now. Very happy with it...i thought i'd hate the new icons but they grew on me very quickly.

Only gripe is the lack of Airport, but my devices are slightly older (4S and iPad 2) so it's the hardware to blame...would have loved that though.

EDS

Banned
Nov 11, 2012
What the **** has happened to my iPhone ??

This is going to take some getting used to !!

It reminds me of one of those cheap android themes Android users can put onto their phones. Have to google and see if I can go back to the old one.

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
I love it...I love the new way to close down apps and the new control panel. Everything is quicker and smoother and Siri even recognises the words Wanker and cock

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
after some warnings I didn't update my iphone 4. Guy at work also has a 4, updated and is very happy with it. Showed me and it's very different but seems quite slick, think I'll do mine tonight.

Did my iPhone 4 last night and bar a issue with subscribed calendars (took a bit if tweeking) it's all fine. Looks nice but whether it was worth it, I'm not so sure. Slowed down phone a tad but not a huge amount but does show how many new features the more modern phones have.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports