*********** OFFICIAL iOS 7 THREAD********

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Downloading for iPad now. Given how long it's taking there's not a cat in heel's chance of me putting it on the iPhone4.

Unless it's really brilliant, obviously.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Anyone else having issues with sending iMessages?

Yes I am having this problem. On settings iMessage just says waiting for activation and the same with Facetime. Any ideas how to fix it?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Go into settings/messages and make sure iMessages is switched on:thumbsup:

You might need to turn off and turn back on iMessages to reactivate.

Yes I am having this problem. On settings iMessage just says waiting for activation and the same with Facetime. Any ideas how to fix it?

iMessage was turned on in my settings but my personal number was grayed out, gave my phone a restart and that seemed to do the trick after a few minutes.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Looks like it was designed by a 3 year old. Phone's staying on 6.

Quick to jump to conclusions? Me?

*throws iPad in bin*

MissGull

Apr 1, 2013
I agree about Siri. I've moved onto Australian Siri, but she doesn't 'get me' yet. We are working on it.

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
F***ing hell it has buggered up my phone. It went from 99% to 2% in two hours while in my pocket, it was red hot the whole time. Went to apple store and they just said restore it to factory settings and don't restore from a back up.... Irritating.

JetsetJimbo

Jun 13, 2011
Mine seems to be better on battery life too - at least, once I'd turned off the pointless parallax effect (which gets old after about five minutes of cooing over it). The option to turn it off is quite well disguised, for some reason - directions here: http://www.gottabemobile.com/2013/09/18/how-to-turn-off-ios-7s-parallax-effect/

I suggest anyone having battery life issues give this a try. Also, don't forget that to kill apps running in the background, you need to double-press the home button (as before), and swipe the app's window off the top of the screen. Apps like Facebook are real battery hogs, as is anything else that uses location services.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
Ahh yes of course, giving my personal opinion on a new piece of software means I must be a right boring loser because I don't think it's very good? Nice logic.

Were you giving your opinion on a NEW piece of software, or giving your opinion on a pre-release, beta version for developers, which was known to be slow and not the finished article?

Muhammed - I’m hard - Bruce Lee

You can't change fighters
NSC Patron
Jul 25, 2005
on a pig farm
Hate it, the calenders and text screen look really cheap and tacky

The Wookiee

Back From The Dead
Nov 10, 2003
Worthing
Strange that you can turn on the airplane mode before entering your pass code, thus meaning the find my phone functionality is useless. Great for phone thiefs

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports