*********** OFFICIAL iOS 7 THREAD********

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ExmouthExile

Feb 11, 2005
Just Googled it

iOS 7's new method to completely exit your running apps (and prevent them from running in the background) is even easier than iOS 6's, although it isn't immediately obvious.

All you have to do is double tap the home button to bring up the multi-tasking view, then swipe up on the screenshot of the app you want to exit. The app will fly off the screen, and release its resources to the OS.

Decode

Jan 25, 2010
Managed to update my iPad, iPhone seems to have ground to a halt at the moment, not sure what its doing.

The colours on some of the apps are a bit garish. :/

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Updated itunes, including laptop restart. Tried to update ipad through itunes, got an error message. Tried the ipod, started then stopped. Tried ipod again, got a message telling me I didn't have permission. Restarted laptop again, now downloading (*touch wood*). Time remaining steadied around 15 hours, then went up to 33. Currently showing 28hours. Sigh.

albie_noobs

Jul 25, 2011
Newhaven
Downloaded on the Ipad mini, bit of a disappointment really, the app icon design and artwork on the apps themselves look a bit amateurish to me. You can tell it's primarily designed for the Iphone as the fonts are tiny.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yeah just downloaded, will it just not work when I get back to the UK?

I don't know. With the itunes store it goes by where your credit card is billing address is (or used to), so you might be able to, but I suspect it's more about device location with the radio.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Family pad done, just sorting out Minis

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Tried half a dozen times to download on the iPad but keep getting error messages.

So did I at first, keep trying I assume it was to connect to something to complete

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
staying strong on 29 hours. 0.1mb every 13 seconds, total to download: 1.17Gb

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Seems to be speeding up to 0.1mb every 4-6secs now. If there's no notable increase by eleven, I'm turning it off and going to bed.

Worthingite

Sexy Pete... :D
Sep 16, 2011
Worthing
18 hours to go, apparently.... Anyone able to tell me what the real download time is likely to be?!?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports