**official friday big announcement thread**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
Sounds like Poyet still taking the google. The better that cancer is out of our club the better.

Not a nice analogy young man, a lot of people on here have had experiences with cancer and dont really like seeing used out of context.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Not a nice analogy young man, a lot of people on here have had experiences with cancer and dont really like seeing used out of context.

Official dictionary description:

any condition or thing that spreads destructively;

Doesnt seem that out of contect to me I'm afraid.

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
i don't see the use of the word cancer being out of context at all.

wow, some people in england these days.....probably legal battle over offence on a forum now.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
Its an analogy as you say, what are we going to do, ban the use of the English language now then?

5mins-from-amex

Sep 1, 2011
coldean
I lost a brother to cancer, but in no way was i offended by his choice of words.

Official dictionary description:

any condition or thing that spreads destructively;

Doesnt seem that out of contect to me I'm afraid.

Me neither, nor did it offend me. and before anyone gets on their high horse, 1 grand parent, both parents, two uncles and a sister, Cancer is leading 6 to 0.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Maybe so but not a nice word at all, you could have worded it differently. Think next time eh.

I did think thankyou and am very happy with the usage of the word in the CONTEXT it was applied. For the record I lost my mother at 18 to that disease. Typical "ooo I'm offended" bandwagon jumping is still alive and well I see.

Dec 29, 2012
United Kingdom
Why don't the club say something to the Fans for ****s sake rather than us having to get bits from twitter even it its a simple statement saying that things are moving along but nothing will happen this week.

James Bond's body double

Nov 1, 2009
Southwick
I did think thankyou and am very happy with the usage of the word in the CONTEXT it was applied. For the record I lost my mother at 18 to that disease. Typical "ooo I'm offended" bandwagon jumping is still alive and well I see.

Fair enough Albion Dan, and I am not on any BANDWAGON we all have views and are at liberty to state our feelings, as you are using the word in the way you did. Anyway bit off track anyone have any news?

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton

Didn't actually agree with your sentiments but blimey people just LOVE being offended and outraged nowadays. Good grief.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
How about this wording?

Gus putting himself before everyone else yet again. The club, its board, its staff, its players, its fans. Selfish, egotistical, arrogant, unappreciative, foolish.

Fair enough Albion Dan, and I am not on any BANDWAGON we all have views and are at liberty to state our feelings, as you are using the word in the way you did. Anyway bit off track anyone have any news?

mqdefault.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports