**official friday big announcement thread**

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

HawkTheSeagull

Jan 31, 2012
Eastbourne
Think people might be jumping to conclusions here.

Just because he is out the country, doesnt mean something cant happen. He might have already spoke with TB and the investigation could still be wrapped up today without him.

Him being out the country changes absolutely nothing, perhaps he has gone to escape media attention IF something happens.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I don't know, but I presume the only decision the club could make under its own disciplinary procedures - without Poyet being present to state his case - would be to drop any charges and lift his suspension.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Even if Poyet had been present today, would a decision have been reached and made public immediately? More likely an announcement would have come early next week, I'd have thought.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
I don't know, but I presume the only decision the club could make under its own disciplinary procedures - without Poyet being present to state his case - would be to drop any charges and lift his suspension.

You'd imagine Poyet's had his opportunity to present his case and today is possibly when the club's decision is revealed. He doesn't need to be present, necessarily.

wardy wonder land

Dec 10, 2007
i'm pretty sure that the news is the TBC for the sat home friendly

from club email recieved 18.20 last night :

Albion will play the first of these two home pre-season friendly matches on Saturday 27th July (opponents tbc later this week) before Premier League Norwich City visit the Amex on Tuesday 30th July, kick-off 7.45pm, for the final friendly ahead of the Championship season which kicks off on the weekend of August 3rd.

incidently - how come we have managed to double the number of home friendlies this year ? council license changes ?

Seagulltonian

C'mon the Albion!
Oct 2, 2003
Still Somewhere in Sussex!
Well, if he's in Wigan, is that classed as being out the country?? :angel:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough

Albion will play the first of these two home pre-season friendly matches on Saturday 27th July (opponents tbc later this week) before Premier League Norwich City visit the Amex on Tuesday 30th July, kick-off 7.45pm, for the final friendly ahead of the Championship season which kicks off on the weekend of August 3rd.

incidently - how come we have managed to double the number of home friendlies this year ? council license changes ?

I cannot believe they referred to the Norwich game as a "showpiece friendly" in the e-mail they sent out yesterday, the day after managing to spell "guarantee" incorrectly. :ffsparr:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
This is going to rumble on forever! If gus was scheduled to appear today and chose to continue his holiday the club could continue in his absence, although I doubt they will given the time already taken. Seriously you would assume both parties want it resolved, although it is more damaging to the club long run and I guess gus knows that.

Pinkie Brown

I'll look after the skirt
Sep 5, 2007
Neues Zeitalter DDR

We had two home friendlies last season - Reading and Chelsea.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports