Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2010 Career Thread

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I'm a slag and playing as Notts County (back to back champions), was hoping to get my reputation up and then move to Brighton once things have shooken up a bit (they're down as my favoured club). Slade is my friend and still guiding Brighton to League 1 mediocrity, the Stadium must open this year.

Going to start a game as Eastbourne as well at some point.

Gav1901

Banned
May 14, 2008
Southwick
Ive just started with Brighton , the league season is just about to start , got southampton away in carling cup 1st round ;)

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I am currently Eastbourne and am in my 3rd season as manager. Here is my record so far.

1st Season

Blue Square Premier

Won: 18
Drawn: 10
Lost: 18

Final Position: 12th

FA Cup

4th Qual: Welling (A) - Lost 3-1

FA Trophy

R1: Lewes (A) - Drew 1-1
R1R: Lewes (H) - Won 3-1
R2: Blyth (H) - Won 10-0 (Yes 10!)
R3: Gateshead (A) - Lost 3-0

2nd Season

Blue Square Premier

Won: 18
Drawn: 12
Lost: 16

Final Position: 12th

FA Cup

4th Qual: Welling (H) - Won 1-0
R1: Millwall (H) - Drew 1-1
R1R: Millwall (A) - Won 2-1
R2: Barnsley (H) - Lost 4-3

FA Trophy

R1: Dover (H) - Lost 3-1

3rd Season

Blue Square Premier

Won: 4
Drawn: 1
Lost: 5

Current Position: 16th

Solid start as manager for a club expected to struggle in the 1st season. I have so far spent just £1k on players, and I'm working with a wage budget of £5,500 a week.

By far my best achievement so far was beating Millwall at The New Den, who were 1st in League One and ended up winning the League with 104 points.

Stumpy Tim

Just finished Season 1. Got into the play-offs after a late slump took us from 2nd to 5th & 9 points from 2nd. A 2-2 draw at home to Southend looked a poor result, but in the second leg Mifsud & Nathan Tyson hit form & we won at Roots Hall 5-0!

In the final we were murdered by Scunthorpe but Graham Smith was in inspirational form, and 2 breakaway goals by Mifsud sent us up with a 2-0 victory. Glory be.

I've just signed 4 players from Man Utd youth team for free, and sold Dean Cox for $600k.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Still going with wolves, into the fourth round of the carling cup after a win on penalties at Reading. Sitting 8th in the league after 8 games and had some good results, including a 2-2 draw at home to Chelsea after going 2-0 up!
Spent most of my £6m budget on carlton cole, who is on fire, more than a goal a game so far. Looking for a couple of loans as a bit short in certain positions, but going well!

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
im still on the demo, and making a hash of it. bit like slade, win a game then lose 2 or 3 on the trot. now ive just had feedback that fans think Mifsud is a poor pice of business:ohmy: am i simply crap or do you need to have him in a certin position or tactic (have him attacking forward along side Forster deeper in 442) :US:

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
I dont get much time to play so since my last report I have only just managed to get a couple of weeks ahead of real time. Lost only our second game of the season at Southampton which knocked us off top place but then bounced back superbly to beat Leeds 2-0 at home and then superbyl thrashing Norwich 5-1 at carrow Road with a Dickinson hat trick

The strating eleven at that game (altho Im rotating) was:

Smith, Antwi(ross injured), Pele, Olfers, Bernard, Sanchez, Thornhill, Rickets, Cox, Dickinson, Forster

Mifsud is top scorer with 13 but has had a drop of form recently so was on the bench. Bennett and Mitea have been disappointing. Tunni has been great when he got in but Pele and Olfers are awesome togteher and have scored ten goals from corners. We have scored in every game.

Top again!!!

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
I'm a slag and playing as Notts County (back to back champions), was hoping to get my reputation up and then move to Brighton once things have shooken up a bit (they're down as my favoured club). Slade is my friend and still guiding Brighton to League 1 mediocrity, the Stadium must open this year.

Going to start a game as Eastbourne as well at some point.

How did u manage to do so well with county? i only made the play offs in first season and expect I will get sacked if I dont start the 2nd well!

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Persevere with Mitea..... he will come good!

I bloody hope so... hes got till the end of the season. Invigilatin exams today so had fm on in the background... thumped Bradfor 5-1 in the FA cup with a mifsud hat trick then followed up with 4-2 win over Charlton at home. Tried to buy Thornhill but Forest want too much.

Is anyone else a tad disappointed with the game. No badges, kits or pics for most of the top leagues including The Premier League? My pet hate about games is the lack of pictures and I will base managing a club on the game on how many players have their real pictures.

Unless a good patch is released I may be forced into buying Fifa manager, which is not bad these days.

Dizzle.

Aug 9, 2008
Perth, Australia
Is anyone else a tad disappointed with the game. No badges, kits or pics for most of the top leagues including The Premier League? My pet hate about games is the lack of pictures and I will base managing a club on the game on how many players have their real pictures.

Unless a good patch is released I may be forced into buying Fifa manager, which is not bad these days.

Just download them, its incredibly easy.
sortitoutsi.net is the place to go. :thumbsup:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here