Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Official Football Manager 2010 Career Thread

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
I purchased it via Steam, worked well. I dont think it matters either way. If you buy it outside of steam you just need to enter the code that came with it.

How is everyone doing with the full version?

Stumpy Tim

I paid $100k+Whing for Max Gradel. Taken on Gilbert & Hoyte from Arsenal on loan. Key signings though have been Izzy Iriekpen on a free (gave him $1000 a week more than he asked for to stop him going to Bristol City), Michael Mifsud & John Sutton.

Beat Walsall 1-0, drew 2-2 at Coventry (lost on pens) in the League Cup, before the whipping below. Was just about to go 1 up at Huddersfield with 5 minutes left before the game crashed. Apparently there's a bug on the Mac when occasionally the game crashes as you're about to score. Fricking annoying

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    69.7 KB · Views: 487

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
What tactics do people use? I am a newbie to FM and could use a leg up in figuring out the player positions and tactics

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
As I am too lazy to visit the shops is it worth downloading it from SI?

I just worry that for a game so massive it would inevitably take DAYS.

Anyone tried this?

Silkster365

Oooo its a corner
Feb 21, 2009
Rustington
Well, I stopped off at Tesco's on the way home and they have it for £27.00 - so pop along and get a copy. I used Steam last time round and regretted it!

bhafc123

Feb 24, 2009
Can you please help if i buy it now on steam does it download on to my computer or do they deliver it!

KneeOn

Jun 4, 2009
Well then. PSP version of FM is great, however. ELLIOT BENNETT ISN'T ON THE f***ing GAME :censored:

Signed 4 players:
Michael Ball (free - unattached) DL
Fabrice Fernandes (free -unattached) AM RL
Henri Camara (free - unattached) SC
Nathan Tagg (20K - Forest Green) GK - Benchwarmer while Kuipers was injured. Played 1 game after smith setn off, MOM!!

1st Brighton Played 19 Points 42
2nd Leeds Played 17 Points 42
3rd Charlton PLayed 19 Points 38

Board love me and i'm using a 4-3-3... its great! CHAMO HERE WE COME :albion:

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Have just started a career with Wolves, i always like to start one with a team in the premier league who are predicted to struggle and see where i can get them.
Soonish looking to start a second career with the albion!

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
I finished 2nd in League 1 in first season.

Important signings were :
Mellor - 95K
Moussa - 100k
Skacel - Free

Currently sitting 12th in the Championship, at around the half way stage of the season.

Current Best XI:

Smith
Hutchinson (loan from Chelsea)
Virgo
De Laet (Free from Man United)
Sadler (45k from Watford)
Bechmann (Free from AB)
Corry Evans (Free from Man United)
Skacel
Taarabt (Free from Spurs)
Mellor
Szalai (Free from Real Madrid)

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Am I the only one who can never get on being Brighton?

Have started with Birmingham, to see if I can avoid relegation, then go on to be a Blue Square North/South team as that's far more interesting.

Foolg

Apr 23, 2007
Am I the only one who can never get on being Brighton?

Have started with Birmingham, to see if I can avoid relegation, then go on to be a Blue Square North/South team as that's far more interesting.

Nope :blush:
Im very rarely Brighton, prefer to be other teams. Cant be bothered to start one on FM10 so im just going to keep my Wolves career going, and try to keep them up, similar to you at Brum :thumbsup:
Signed anyone?

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
Nope :blush:
Im very rarely Brighton, prefer to be other teams. Cant be bothered to start one on FM10 so im just going to keep my Wolves career going, and try to keep them up, similar to you at Brum :thumbsup:
Signed anyone?

On last years one I was West Brom, and kept them up, found it so much more enjoyable.

I have only just literally started it, recommend any players?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here