Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

********* Official 2014 holiday thread*********

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Cavtat Dubrovnik in July for a week - and then Spain somewhere (Majorca probably)
in August for a couple of weeks.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
I meant if it's a screamer or a well behaved one.

They normally get their general behaviour from the parents.

Bozza is right, from ages 1-5 is absolutely the best time to go on holiday with the children. Some massive bargains to be had, out of normal school holidays.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Wow - lots of exotic holidays on here.

Our week in Swanage in July seems a little humble in comparison.

Dan Aitch

May 31, 2013
California in September - Raiders, Dodgers and Trojans. Then Raiders at Wembley when we get back.

banjo

GOSBTS
Oct 25, 2011
Deep south
Wow - lots of exotic holidays on here.

Our week in Swanage in July seems a little humble in comparison.

Nothing wrong with Swanage some lovely places to visit in this country. BTW went to Swanage on a school trip to Poole pottery.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Weekend in Munich for a mates wedding and then a week in Barcelona for Primavera festival. Both in May. Lovely.

Just back from a few days in Munich,

Great city, with some great beer halls.

Been to Berlin, Cologne, Frankfurt, Dusseldorf, Hamburg, Dortmund and Maintz and I'd say Berlin and Munich are my favourites.

Having said that, Berlin is massive, and needs another trip. I have the feeling I only skirted the edges. So much history.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Maybe, depends on what kind of baby/child we have. I have never been one to endure unruly kids that aren't mine, so I don't want to be the cause of other peoples anger. There is no way I would take a child under 5 on a plane so if we do do anything it will be UK based.

My attitude to children hopefully will change once I have my own. At least I hope so!!!

Well done you! Although no need to wait forever, just stick to short haul in the short term, this comes from a vehemently anti children on plane person, at least long haul.

dje shoreham

Nov 2, 2009
Easter - mother in laws caravan in St Austell
Play off final BH weekend - Adur athletic u 12s football tour to Holland
August - Il De Re , France

ofco8

May 18, 2007
Brighton
Australia for us. Probably east cost.... Sydney and Melbourne plus some time in Queensland. Probably autumn so a couple of matches will be missed!!!???

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Having retired to Cornwall last year, I would feel guilty having "holidays". Anywhere!

But I will have the occasional trip to Shoreham / Bognor / Southwick (family).

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Agree about Berlin.........amazing place, friendly people and great food and beer with so much
history and stuff to do. One of my favourite places in Europe.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
If you do Valparaiso try and visit the “Hotel Brighton” – we stumbled upon it by accident on a scorching hot day in August after looking at all the graffiti that the city is famous for. No Harveys but some very nice Chilean reds. It's the orange one.

Indeed. Fantastic views from their terrace. Enjoyed several beers there - although I heard it's not worth staying in the hotel rooms overnight, as they get too much noise from the bar and restaurant.

Maybe no Harveys, but they did have some nice Chilean stouts and pale ales ("palléé alléé" as they pronounce it).

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here