Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

********* Official 2014 holiday thread*********

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
We want to go to the Galapagos Islands. Anyone been and has any do's and don'ts?

CPFC G

Dec 24, 2011
Two weeks in Hawaii in April, Three weeks in Sri Lanka in November/December for some cricket.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
2 weeks in the summer staying at the Wilderness Lodge, Disney, Florida - can't wait.

We've stayed there a few times, including 2 weeks there last Summer. Great hotel.

My missus is due to have our first baby in early August so I won't be having a holiday for the next 4 or 5 years :cry::cry::cry:

Au contraire - those are the 4 or 5 years you should be taking holidays whilst you are able to go outside of school holidays and peak prices.

Nice, we flying into and out of Tampa, so thought start there for couple of nights. Then on to villa for 2 weeks, then either back Clearwater, or Hard Rock Hotel. The last bit is open for debate at moment.

The Hard Rock is brilliant. We didn't do any Universal last year, but we normally do 4 or 5 nights at the Hard Rock. Decent rooms, great pool and FOTL access for the parks is a great bonus.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Au contraire - those are the 4 or 5 years you should be taking holidays whilst you are able to go outside of school holidays and peak .

Maybe, depends on what kind of baby/child we have. I have never been one to endure unruly kids that aren't mine, so I don't want to be the cause of other peoples anger. There is no way I would take a child under 5 on a plane so if we do do anything it will be UK based.

My attitude to children hopefully will change once I have my own. At least I hope so!!!

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
Maybe, depends on what kind of baby/child we have. I have never been one to endure unruly kids that aren't mine, so I don't want to be the cause of other peoples anger. There is no way I would take a child under 5 on a plane so if we do do anything it will be UK based.

My attitude to children hopefully will change once I have my own. At least I hope so!!!

Hopefully human ?? Regardless, the earlier you get them used to it the better they are.

For me, 2 weeks in the Loire Valley in France during the Summer and job allowing, a week somewhere hot like Morocco in October.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
2 weeks in Orlando with the family doing the theme parks last week of May/first week of June.

Away for the play off final so nailed on we make the final.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
May venture to Costa del Southwick for a day at the beach, otherwise it would be work travel only.

spongy

Aug 7, 2011
Burgess Hill
Hopefully human ?? Regardless, the earlier you get them used to it the better they are.

For me, 2 weeks in the Loire Valley in France during the Summer and job allowing, a week somewhere hot like Morocco in October.

It better be human or the missus has been a very very bad lady and partaking in a bit of farm yard activity whilst I've been at work:ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::ohmy::sick:

I meant if it's a screamer or a well behaved one.

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
Don't go hunting.

I was going to organise a field trip for the FKNK. :)

In all honesty I have only ever fired a gun at a clay pigeon and would love to see all hunting banned. Think I was misunderstood :(

Wiggy Power

Feb 25, 2009
Nice, we flying into and out of Tampa, so thought start there for couple of nights. Then on to villa for 2 weeks, then either back Clearwater, or Hard Rock Hotel. The last bit is open for debate at moment.

We thought we would have a week holiday after we did 2 weeks in Orlando! Your first trip to Florida?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here