Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
Nice have now joined the race

Genuine question - is there any real evidence that there really is a race and - more to the point - is there any real evidence that we are in it.

I’ll believe it when I see the holding the shirt picture.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Genuine question - is there any real evidence that there really is a race and - more to the point - is there any real evidence that we are in it.

I’ll believe it when I see the holding the shirt picture.

No one is going to bid until the last day or two of the window when Celtic will have to accept whatever fee they get. Then, multiple clubs will match it.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Very Nice

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Apparently he wants 85k a week in wages - that’s why nobody has signed him

Well if Locadia is on the alleged 50kpw then maybe Edouard has a point.

obvs nobody is going to go anywhere close to that amount except maybe Palace.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No one is going to bid until the last day or two of the window when Celtic will have to accept whatever fee they get. Then, multiple clubs will match it.

But you and some other posters on this laughable thread were peddling the guff from the Scotch papers and that idiot Castles telling us we’ve made at least three different bids in the last month, despite pretty categoric denials from Naylor and Owen! What’s happened to those bids?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Apparently he wants 85k a week in wages - that’s why nobody has signed him

The Daily Record are reporting that - which is a bit odd given that they were reporting only days ago that Brighton had “finally” bid for him. And only a few weeks before that, that we were in talks and were about to bid for him.

Now they describe our interest (“no interest” according to reliable sources ) as merely being “watched closely” .
Well fancy that .
https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...sonne-edouards-wage-demands-revealed-24763037

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Personally I think Mr Edouard may well have an attitude problem. Move on.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Unbelievable stupid or badly advised if there is an ounce of truth he's holding out for 85k.

For starters his form has plummetted in recent months, second to play at the higher level of the PL is not something you deserve itssomething you earn or fight for.

If he really wants to wait for 85k (and for arguments sake turn down 40-50kpw), then he's likely to remain a bit part player/sub this season, and while he may delude himself that if he just waits and leaves for free next year he'll get 85k, he absolutely wont if he's not unplayable and scoring hatfulls of goals.

Especially at a club like ours that often offers new improved contracts (without being compelled to) for players performing really well. He'd be far smarter to take the 40-50kpw, offered by whatever PL club get his head down and prove his worth then ask for better contract once he's earned it..... which he hasnt at all for his recent levels of performance.

b.w.2.

Jan 8, 2004
Unbelievable stupid or badly advised if there is an ounce of truth he's holding out for 85k.

For starters his form has plummetted in recent months, second to play at the higher level of the PL is not something you deserve itssomething you earn or fight for.

If he really wants to wait for 85k (and for arguments sake turn down 40-50kpw), then he's likely to remain a bit part player/sub this season, and while he may delude himself that if he just waits and leaves for free next year he'll get 85k, he absolutely wont if he's not unplayable and scoring hatfulls of goals.

Especially at a club like ours that often offers new improved contracts (without being compelled to) for players performing really well. He'd be far smarter to take the 40-50kpw, offered by whatever PL club get his head down and prove his worth then ask for better contract once he's earned it..... which he hasnt at all for his recent levels of performance.

I agree. Of course, it could be paper talk with no substance

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005

How much was McCammon on? Increase that by 15 years inflation and that's roughly what we should be offering.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
How much was McCammon on? Increase that by 15 years inflation and that's roughly what we should be offering.

With at least three tanks of petrol a month, or was that a different player?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
Just keeping this up to date as the rest of the press outside The Argus/Athletic start to lose faith..

Daily Record: July 18th: "Registered an interest"
Daily Mail: McGowan: July 25th "will make £20m bid after qualifier"
Daily Record: Castles - July 27th "submitted a bid"
Daily Mail: McGowan - Aug 6th "Finally submitted a bid"
Daily Mail: McGowan - Aug 11th "hopes of quick Brighton deal have diminished"
*new* Scottish Sun: Alan Nixon - Aug 15th His wages are a bit rich as they now search elsewhere"

or just this for reference...
The Argus: July 24th: Brian Owen quoting club source on links "“Reports that keep emerging are completely false.”

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here