Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Odsonne Édouard

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
Looks like he is may stick it out there this season and see through his contract and then leave on a free

“However, the 23-year-old has entered the final 12 months of his existing contract, and could sign a pre-contract with another club from as early as January - leaving the Celtic hierarchy unable to recoup any of his sizeable fee.

The Daily Mail report that if Celtic do not receive any reasonable and concrete offers for Edouard, the France Under-21 international is set to see out his current deal and depart next summer.”

The reasonable and concrete offers will come into Celtic at around lunchtime on the 31st August when their negotiating powers will be at their weakest.

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
“However, the 23-year-old has entered the final 12 months of his existing contract, and could sign a pre-contract with another club from as early as January - leaving the Celtic hierarchy unable to recoup any of his sizeable fee.

The Daily Mail report that if Celtic do not receive any reasonable and concrete offers for Edouard, the France Under-21 international is set to see out his current deal and depart next summer.”

The reasonable and concrete offers will come into Celtic at around lunchtime on the 31st August when their negotiating powers will be at their weakest.

Ha! they might well do. But i doubt it will be from Albion.
Anyway how do we know based on their reporting ? Its all over the place - a mere 5 days after saying Albion have "finally submitted a bid", the Mail now say er they probably haven't...

Daily Record: July 18th: "Registered an interest"
Daily Mail: McGowan: July 25th "will make £20m bid after qualifier"
Daily Record: Castles - July 27th "submitted a bid"
Daily Mail: McGowan - Aug 6th "Finally submitted a bid"
*new* Daily Mail: McGowan - Aug 11th "Hopes of deal have diminished"

*Gullsworth*

My Hair is like his hair
Jan 20, 2006
West...West.......WEST SUSSEX
Ha! they might well do. But i doubt it will be from Albion.
Anyway how do we know based on their reporting ? Its all over the place - a mere 5 days after saying Albion have "finally submitted a bid", the Mail now say er they probably haven't...

Daily Record: July 18th: "Registered an interest"
Daily Mail: McGowan: July 25th "will make £20m bid after qualifier"
Daily Record: Castles - July 27th "submitted a bid"
Daily Mail: McGowan - Aug 6th "Finally submitted a bid"
*new* Daily Mail: McGowan - Aug 11th "Hopes of deal have diminished"

We should sign the guy Celtic want for 7 million just to pee them off.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Why would we not be in for a player in the last year of his contract whom your boys Owen & Naylor said we were interested in last summer?

The Scotch press is still saying we’re leading the chase but it is becoming clear we’re not going to pay £20m+ for a player we can get for free next year.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport...-news/charlie-adam-fires-back-celtic-24756414

£5m anyone?

Don't believe he's any better than what we've got, but if we've got money to burn and people at the club fancy him, then yes - £5M, take it or leave it would be fine.

P.S. I see Tammy Abraham's price is dropping like a stone - £5M down since yesterday. Still rather take Nketiah from Arsenal though (for a lot less, obvs.)

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Don't believe he's any better than what we've got, but if we've got money to burn and people at the club fancy him, then yes - £5M, take it or leave it would be fine.

P.S. I see Tammy Abraham's price is dropping like a stone - £5M down since yesterday. Still rather take Nketiah from Arsenal though (for a lot less, obvs.)
You would rather sign Niketiah than Tap in Tammy?

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012

That’s just a pundits rather provocative guess at his likely worth . There’s no indication Celtic are prepared to accept such a fee.

And still 3 weeks or so after breathless reporting from both the Mail and Record - saying we’ve bid for him, or about to bid for him , or we’ve “finally” bid for him - despite all credible reports saying we’re not interested - We still haven’t.

Reddleman

May 17, 2017

As someone who lives in Glasgow and who has, unfortunately, seen a lot of him he is a substantial upgrade on anything we have now. Only Welbeck comes close and we know with his age and fitness he can’t be relied upon.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
As someone who lives in Glasgow and who has, unfortunately, seen a lot of him he is a substantial upgrade on anything we have now. Only Welbeck comes close and we know with his age and fitness he can’t be relied upon.
Yep they have probably never seen him play, closest player to Glenn we are likely to get.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
You would rather sign Niketiah than Tap in Tammy?

Tap in Tammy is way way out of our budget. You are looking at £65m+ for a 5 year contract plus salary and fees. Forget him.

Nketiah is 22 years old and has 8 goals from 55 appearances.

Edouard is 23 years old and has 66 goals from 130 appearances.

Signing Nketiah feels like the signing of Brewster for me. Not much experience but plenty of potential but he might not come good until he is 24 or something (see Toney & Armstrong after being booted out of Newcastle when young).

However, there is something about Edouard’s finishing that has me purring. If we can’t get Nunez, I think he’d be our best fit.

The Fits

Jun 29, 2020
Amen. The idea that he isn’t better than our strikers is madness- arrogant and blinkered. He can also get a lot better with motivation and a decent coach. He’s been coasting.

brighton_tom

Jul 23, 2008
Any striker we sign thats within budget is coming with a degree of risk. Unless we blow £40m+ on someone we're not going to get guaranteed goals, even then possibly not. Edouard, if we can get for say £15m, feels like a risk worth taking. And at 23 there's future sell on value.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here