Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Music] Oasis at Brighton Centre on 29 December, 1994 - were you there?

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
I was talking about how the music industry is now.

No, they didn’t act like *unts, that was tabloid rubbish, there are other famous bands that have done far worse, even acts on their own like Elton John.

They didn’t slag off others to seem cool, they just told the truth and obviously that was too much for some to take. .

They didn't tell the truth, they gave their opinion as fact. Yes a lot of the music in the 80s was complete pants especially anything by Stock, Aitken, Waterman's so called "hit factory" but they didn't target that. Noel once called Michael Hutchinson a "has been", it must seem a bit ironic for the nearly 50 year old Gallagher bothers still trying to make music today. Yes they did act like *unts. and No! I am not a hurt INXS fan, though I thought "Need you tonight" was a good song.

BeHereNow

Mar 2, 2016
Southwick
They didn't tell the truth, they gave their opinion as fact. Yes a lot of the music in the 80s was complete pants especially anything by Stock, Aitken, Waterman's so called "hit factory" but they didn't target that. Noel once called Michael Hutchinson a "has been", it must seem a bit ironic for the nearly 50 year old Gallagher bothers still trying to make music today. Yes they did act like *unts. and No! I am not a hurt INXS fan, though I thought "Need you tonight" was a good song.

Got any videos of them acting like *unts?

When it comes to music, I’ve never disagreed with anything they’ve said. I don’t know know what other opinions you’re referring too. Like I said, they are other acts that have done far worse, do you not listen to them either because they might’ve taken the piss a bit when they were young men? I’m sure you never did that, did you?

They didn’t have to participate in that nicey nicey celeb culture, they didn’t give a shit, they just cared about making music, they didn’t do it to be popular, hence why they didn’t put on a fake face like most of the celebs out there. I respect them a whole lot more than the fakes out there who just care about fame and will do anything to get there.

Yeah, the ‘has been’ comment was a bit out of order, but hardly ‘untish. That’s what rock starts do, they always have done, you can see far worse from others, I’d rather listen to them give an opinion (a real one) than a press release designed comment from Ed Sheeran.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
If you look on Instagram, they look like they are coming back into fashion, they are possibly bigger now than when they split.

A lot of young people are getting onboard and it kicked off after ‘Supersonic’ came out.

An Oasis reunion would be huge, it won’t happen obviously, but hundreds of thousands of kids who never got to see them would want to go.

Make guitar music cool again!

An Oasis reunion would be huge, it will happen obviously.

Corrected for you. As soon as both of their solo careers fail at the same time, it will happen. A short tour would be So lucrative that I’m sure they’d put their differences to one side. Also, you have to wonder if the animosity is hyped up for our benefit.

Sounds like you, like me, was a teenager when Oasis broke through. What a time to be alive.

Your Top three Oasis songs?
For me.

1 Acquiesce
2 Bring it on down (live)
3 Shock of the lightning

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Wow! Talk about living in a made up world. Oasis absolutely battered Blur when it came to ‘the battle of the bands’, look at the album sales and how many number 1’s each band had. Blur purposefully chose to release their single the same time Oasis released their’s (which happened to be the worst single off the album).They wouldn’t even be talked about now if it wasn’t for that.

Blur’s songs are nowhere near as good as Oasis’s b-sides let alone Wonderwall, Don’t Look Back in Anger, She’s Electric, Morning Glory and Champagne Supernova.

Noel’s the more goby one of the two. Liams’s a lot more friendly, I’ve known about that for years, but more and more people are waking up to it now, maybe you should too. It’s plainly clear to see in ‘Supersonic’.

Noel’s first solo album were just songs for what was going to be the next Oasis album, but wasn’t as good as it didn’t have Liam’s voice. It was still good, but would’ve been a lot better, but Noel’s a bitter character these days so decided to slag off fans who weren’t interested instead. Most of his dancey pop tracks have been pretty shit and embarrassing. Liam has been doing far better on his own than Noel, probably why Noel most definitely does look back in anger. He’s also found a load of old songs he wrote for Oasis, which he intends to make an album out of - indicating that’s he’s probably lost it and very disappointed with the fan reaction to his recent stuff.

I stopped reading half way through your first sentence because of the ironic ‘made up world’, this after you started a sentence with ‘Wow’ (are you 5?!) Clearly you’re far too big a fan of to objectively comment. Glad you like them. In rock and rolls hall of fame, I prefer those that make up the top 100. Oasis are more northern premier in association with Poundland.

DJ NOBO

Jul 18, 2004
Wiltshire
An Oasis reunion would be huge, it will happen obviously.

Corrected for you. As soon as both of their solo careers fail at the same time, it will happen. A short tour would be So lucrative that I’m sure they’d put their differences to one side. Also, you have to wonder if the animosity is hyped up for our benefit.

Sounds like you, like me, was a teenager when Oasis broke through. What a time to be alive.

Your Top three Oasis songs?
For me.

1 Acquiesce
2 Bring it on down (live)
3 Shock of the lightning

Re some earlier posts. INXS were a great band too!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
.They wouldn’t even be talked about now if it wasn’t for that.

Aside from the fact that Damon Albarn is an extremely talented and varied musician who has gone on to create a shit ton more interesting (and successful) music than either Gallagher brother has managed to come up with at any point, you're probably right.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Good to know that there is no argument too old for NSC to rehash and reheat. I'm sure we did this one on dial-up.

Oasis are obviously utterly joyful and anyone who doesn't like them is either lying, or doesn't like life itself.

(Blur were also great. But neither held a candle to the almighty Sunburst).

ozzygull

Oct 6, 2003
Reading
Got any videos of them acting like *unts?

When it comes to music, I’ve never disagreed with anything they’ve said. I don’t know know what other opinions you’re referring too. Like I said, they are other acts that have done far worse, do you not listen to them either because they might’ve taken the piss a bit when they were young men? I’m sure you never did that, did you?

They didn’t have to participate in that nicey nicey celeb culture, they didn’t give a shit, they just cared about making music, they didn’t do it to be popular, hence why they didn’t put on a fake face like most of the celebs out there. I respect them a whole lot more than the fakes out there who just care about fame and will do anything to get there.

Yeah, the ‘has been’ comment was a bit out of order, but hardly ‘untish. That’s what rock starts do, they always have done, you can see far worse from others, I’d rather listen to them give an opinion (a real one) than a press release designed comment from Ed Sheeran.

They definitely behaved that way to be popular trying to be edgy etc, they just got a different set of sheep to follow them.

As a women I have never been a young man, so no. But I get it, you love them, you can see past their crassness. Good for you.

What has Ed Sheeran done to upset you? been a bit too popular, so must be sh!T!. Actually are you Noel?

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
So you never got to play in Brighton then? That's a shame.

:whistle:

:lolol:

The Brighton Centre is the bottom of a long list of Brighton venues for me. Off the top of my head the only one I haven't played that I'd love to is the Dome.

Anyway, any band of any artistic note would have played in either the Richmond/Freebutt/Concorde/basement/Zap/Pavillion Theatre/Sheerys-PC-Paradox/Top Rank Suite.

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
What’s a crock of shite? I’ve worked with producers and I know exactly how they are and how most musicians are, just like some on here with the ‘they were yobs, so I don’t listen’ shite.

I didn’t say Oasis were outliers, but they were probably the most recognised working class band that actually sounded working class. It’s not because they are working class, it’s because they unashamedly are.

Not even the most 'working class' band in Manchester, that would be the Happy Mondays - proper oiks!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Yes, was in the back somewhere. Bloody loud as far as I recall.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Not even the most 'working class' band in Manchester, that would be the Happy Mondays - proper oiks!

One shouldn't confuse an inability to play ones instrument with being Working class. The Jam weren't posh, but proficient. Pink Floyd were borderline posh, but by his own admission, Nick Mason is a very average drummer.

Whilst Noel has progressed, Liam can't sing, although shouts pretty well, and the original band line up were woeful. We gigged fairly regularly with a band called heavy stereo in 95, Gem Archer was their stand out member, he joined Oasis soon after that, then Steve Whites drummer joined to play drums.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
The Brighton Centre is the bottom of a long list of Brighton venues for me.

The hot and cold food options are good value though.

When I went to that Oasis gig I chose the soup and got a roll with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here