Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

o/t Five months into the year - Best Albums so far?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
The Wombats' new album is fantastic, I'm addicted to it. Even if you weren't a massive fan of their first album I'd recommend it, it offers something a bit different to their previous material.

The Vaccines and the Strokes' new one are worth a listen too.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
Foo Fighters is my fav so far, the new Pigeon detectives is quite good too.

Also as mentioned above Strokes and Vaccines are both good albums

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
PJ Harvey- Let England Shake
Moon Duo- Mazes
Mogwai- Hardcore Will Never Die, But You Will (this is clearly the greatest album title of all time too)
EMA- Pastlifemartyredsaints (only out yesterday but I have listened to it at least ten times already)
Low- C'mon (Classic slowcore from Low, their best album in a while in my opinion)

That about covers it.

Mick Beard BHA

Hirsute
Feb 23, 2004
Back in Brighton
PJ Harvey took me a few listens but now i'm really into it. Very good.

I also bought the Josh T Pearson album "Last Of The Country Gentlemen". Basically just him and a guitar, very sparse and perhaps a little bit rambling.. but very good all the same - if you like that kind of thing.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
PJ Harvey took me a few listens but now i'm really into it. Very good.

I also bought the Josh T Pearson album "Last Of The Country Gentlemen". Basically just him and a guitar, very sparse and perhaps a little bit rambling.. but very good all the same - if you like that kind of thing.

He's superb live, never enjoyed him quite so much on record but then that is the nature of that type of music, imo.

Pantani

Il Pirata
Dec 3, 2008
Newcastle
Thanks for these - I'll lob in Gruff Rhys, Hotel Shampoo.

Not at all impressed with Elbow's new album yet - but it might be a grower.

Forgot about that one, that is in there too. I'm not very good at this, that's six albums of the year so far :facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
PJ Harvey's new one is well out in front at the moment. Mirrors is good in a local OMD kinda way. Gruff Rhys.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
I have been mostly enjoying Toro Y Moi - Underneath the Pine and James Blake - James Blake.

That James Blake album is interesting. Given a bit of time, and the right mood, it works wonders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here