Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nutty Rules for Attending the Amex

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
NSC at its best. Accusations, differences of opinion, a late challenge, an off the ball incident .... followed by an apology, claims of a misunderstanding, mistaken identity and mis interpretation, then kiss and make up. We go again..

[MENTION=149]timbha[/MENTION] OUT! :rant: :angry:

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Just happy to have got a ticket and be able to go today.

Personally, I'm not convinced about facemasks and I wouldn't want to have to show photo ID every time I go to football. But that's irrelevant as today is just about sucking it up, making it work and proving that fans can come back sooner rather than later. And not giving the Tonton Macoute of Covid compliance an opportunity to demand behind closed doors games indefinitely.

lizard

Well-hung member
Jul 14, 2005
I'm particularly a fan of: 1.43.6: Squirrels can only be admitted if wear green boots and carrying an eggplant.

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
They've certainly referenced "stadium bowl" before on occasion with fans, although I suspect it's used within the club far more frequently.

That time we were allowed to take beers back into the stands post-match was possibly one of those occasions "You can take your drinks back into the stadium bowl" kinda thing.

One of the new rules is that we can after the game again. A relaxation of the rules.

Screenshot_20200829-124010_Outlook.jpg

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Shut up you fool.

I've had a bit of a look through this thread along with many other internet content providers but I'm pretty sure that the prize for best comment on the world wide web for August 2020 goes to portlock seagull

take a bow

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
I've had a bit of a look through this thread along with many other internet content providers but I'm pretty sure that the prize for best comment on the world wide web for August 2020 goes to portlock seagull

take a bow

No offence Portlock, but that’s not something I ever expected to read. 2020 just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

take a bow

:rotlf: :kiss: :lol: :bigwave:

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
No offence Portlock, but that’s not something I ever expected to read. 2020 just keeps getting weirder and weirder.

We do indeed live in the strangest of times! :lolol:

rwgray

Aug 28, 2020
I'd like to thank everyone at the Amex today, staff and fans, who made it such a safe and memorable occasion. It was a joy.

And apologise for bothering to air my personality disorders on a public forum. I'm a berk.

What a fuss.

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
... understand this is a trial with govt imposed rules to see if we can get football going with fans present again. Rail againzt restrictions all you want but the club is simply trying to prove spectators can be allowed safely.

I know that, but it doesn't change the fact that the rules are "nutty". In the concourse you could stand an eat or drink (without a mask obviously), but if you weren't doing either of those things you had to wear a mask. Where's the logic in that? Fortunately the club were only paying lip service to most of the rules. Very little imposition of the mask rule in the concourse. No one trying to impose it when you left the stadium. Sensible approach by the club. Do and say all the right things, however nonsensical, to get the game approved, but then take a common sense approach to imposing the rules.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I know that, but it doesn't change the fact that the rules are "nutty". In the concourse you could stand an eat or drink (without a mask obviously), but if you weren't doing either of those things you had to wear a mask. Where's the logic in that? Fortunately the club were only paying lip service to most of the rules. Very little imposition of the mask rule in the concourse. No one trying to impose it when you left the stadium. Sensible approach by the club. Do and say all the right things, however nonsensical, to get the game approved, but then take a common sense approach to imposing the rules.

On the other hand, I thought most fans were respecting the rules including the wearing of masks throughout.

In the same way as most shops will not challenge non-mask-wearers, I wouldn't expect the club to do that either due to the range of reasons that people can legitimately be exempt. Yes this opens the door for some to just flout the rules, but fortunately most people are decent and will do the right thing.

The obvious weakness, as we all know and expected, is with the concourses. I'm told the Amex was chosen for this test event due to the concourses being somewhat more spacious than many other clubs, particularly those with older more "traditional" grounds, which certainly feels correct to me based on my travels.

I assume the ESL was at around 25% given the seating configuration - 1 sold, 3 empty, and the concourses felt about right to me. I'd not want to be in one with too many more people, certainly.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I'd like to thank everyone at the Amex today, staff and fans, who made it such a safe and memorable occasion. It was a joy.

And apologise for bothering to air my personality disorders on a public forum. I'm a berk.

What a fuss.

You are very welcome. A few of us gave you a hard time just to test you out but you are back and I look forward to your future contributions on this forum.

Many of us will remember a dear old chap who very sadly left us earlier in the year. His non sensical posts are very much missed and whilst he will never be replaced anyone who uses the word nutty in their first post on here are more than welcome to join the party.

Glad you enjoyed today and gave due recognition to the Albion and staff. They got it right.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
I assume the ESL was at around 25% given the seating configuration - 1 sold, 3 empty, and the concourses felt about right to me. I'd not want to be in one with too many more people, certainly.

Exactly how it felt to me. The seating was no issue, all easy, social distancing well maintained but the concourses were close to too many. As much as I want us back to normal I struggle to see how we could get many more in to that stand.

The obvious conclusion is you could go for that % around the stadium however I also felt I wouldn’t want many more people around me outside the stadium. It’s hard to imagine 10,000 leaving the stadium at pretty much the same time any time soon.

Perhaps they could stagger this with set times 15, 30, 45 mins after? Also decided on ballot?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Exactly how it felt to me. The seating was no issue, all easy, social distancing well maintained but the concourses were close to too many. As much as I want us back to normal I struggle to see how we could get many more in to that stand.

The obvious conclusion is you could go for that % around the stadium however I also felt I wouldn’t want many more people around me outside the stadium. It’s hard to imagine 10,000 leaving the stadium at pretty much the same time any time soon.

Perhaps they could stagger this with set times 15, 30, 45 mins after? Also decided on ballot?

Concourse was fine for me - bought food and drink on arrival and took it to my seat. It was quiet (around an hour before kick off). Stayed in my seat until the end, then went home. Concourse (and toilets) were quiet on the way out too.....

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean

The steward in the South was very strict on enforcing the mask rule, even with a pint in hand he expected people to pull down mask, take a sip and return mask. For me this is worse as constantly removing and replacing mask means having to keep touching it and defeating the cleaning hands.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
The steward in the South was very strict on enforcing the mask rule, even with a pint in hand he expected people to pull down mask, take a sip and return mask. For me this is worse as constantly removing and replacing mask means having to keep touching it and defeating the cleaning hands.

A bit OTT, however I thought the rules were quite clear. If you are on the concourse just having a chat or wandering around - wear a mask. If you are standing still eating or drinking it is impractical to wear a mask, so don’t.
You can’t completely eliminate the risk, but you can manage it to an acceptable level. Clearly we believe the measures worked today but we won’t know for a while if they were truely effective.

Diablo

NSC Patron
Sep 22, 2014
lewes
My opinion.
Surreal experience. I didn`t think I would go but option of three tickets for myself and sons in a triangle persuaded me. Would I do it again ? Doubt it. Will I go into ballot for tickets? very unlikely,as I believe I might get ticket and sons might, but will be anywhere in ground , not together. It was however amazing to arrive, get in ground, get out after game without any queue anywhere.

Game itself told us nothing .... with the amount of subs used by both sides. Two weeks time opening game of season..Chelsea...we will be underdogs but miracles do sometimes happen !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here