Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nutty Rules for Attending the Amex

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I have to say that was as good as can be.

The trains were a bigger issue than the concourses and not the Falmer / Brighton ones. There and back those were ok. However, Coastway West going onto and out of Brighton were overcroweded and not with football fans. Lots of day trippers, big groups of under 30s or teens and smaller family groups heading to / from a bank holiday weekend day out in Brighton.

I do hope that if there is a "spike" from this weekend then as much track and trace as can be done is done and checked back against the football attendees. I felt safe all the time in the Amex and caught up with quite a few good people from a safe distance. I could have done without the entitiled Hove Mummies and groups of teenage skaters on the train though.

A positve word for the NSK too - great atmosphere considering. I thought singing would be banned. I reckon 6-7000 people at the Amex would not only be doable but a good laugh as well - that wasn't my position last week.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
My opinion.
Surreal experience. I didn`t think I would go but option of three tickets for myself and sons in a triangle persuaded me. Would I do it again ? Doubt it. Will I go into ballot for tickets? very unlikely,as I believe I might get ticket and sons might, but will be anywhere in ground , not together.

If you're all STH you have no choice but to be in the ballot, other than (up to) six games you can opt out of.

If you assign yourselves as a single group, once the club makes this available for us to do, I think you will almost certainly be sat together.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
One thing people were asking before the game was photo IDing...

From my experience and seeing those around me, this seemed to be done to 100% of people, adults certainly.

For me the steward seemed happy to check the name on my ID matched the name on my ticket, but others were asked to lower their masks to permit the steward to check their face against their ID.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
I'd like to thank everyone at the Amex today, staff and fans, who made it such a safe and memorable occasion. It was a joy.

And apologise for bothering to air my personality disorders on a public forum. I'm a berk.

What a fuss.

Do you still feel the plans are nutty?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
One thing people were asking before the game was photo IDing...

From my experience and seeing those around me, this seemed to be done to 100% of people, adults certainly.

For me the steward seemed happy to check the name on my ID matched the name on my ticket, but others were asked to lower their masks to permit the steward to check their face against their ID.

Yes I was asked to lower my mask which I did find disconcerting given the steward was very close. Is it really necessary? I’m a bald middle aged man - showing my photo ID really should have been enough.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
Yes I was asked to lower my mask which I did find disconcerting given the steward was very close. Is it really necessary? I’m a bald middle aged man - showing my photo ID really should have been enough.

........that covers about 60% of the crowd on a normal matchday, you could have been any one of about 20,000

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003

Me too. Although I think your last sentence is the reason. There are quite a few of us around :lolol:

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
I have to say that was as good as can be.

The trains were a bigger issue than the concourses and not the Falmer / Brighton ones. There and back those were ok. However, Coastway West going onto and out of Brighton were overcroweded and not with football fans. Lots of day trippers, big groups of under 30s or teens and smaller family groups heading to / from a bank holiday weekend day out in Brighton.

I do hope that if there is a "spike" from this weekend then as much track and trace as can be done is done and checked back against the football attendees. I felt safe all the time in the Amex and caught up with quite a few good people from a safe distance. I could have done without the entitiled Hove Mummies and groups of teenage skaters on the train though.

A positve word for the NSK too - great atmosphere considering. I thought singing would be banned. I reckon 6-7000 people at the Amex would not only be doable but a good laugh as well - that wasn't my position last week.

Which backs up the don’t knock it until you try it theory ....I really wanted to go but didn’t have the opportunity

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
A bit OTT, however I thought the rules were quite clear. If you are on the concourse just having a chat or wandering around - wear a mask. If you are standing still eating or drinking it is impractical to wear a mask, so don’t.
You can’t completely eliminate the risk, but you can manage it to an acceptable level. Clearly we believe the measures worked today but we won’t know for a while if they were truely effective.

Didn't want to cause any fuss under the circumstances, but hopefully those that attended will be given an opportunity to provide feedback and I will mention it there.

Other than that I felt it went pretty well and the atmosphere was good considering it was 8% of usual capacity.

With hindsight id probably put my son on the row in front / behind so its easier to talk, closer than the same row.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Didn't want to cause any fuss under the circumstances, but hopefully those that attended will be given an opportunity to provide feedback and I will mention it there.

Other than that I felt it went pretty well and the atmosphere was good considering it was 8% of usual capacity.

With hindsight id probably put my son on the row in front / behind so its easier to talk, closer than the same row.

Yeah, myself and [MENTION=236]Papa Lazarou[/MENTION] were like that - he was row in front, I was row behind. It's actually quite a natural arrangement to converse easily throughout a game.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
There was mention of turning away people with a temperature. Obviously we won't get names, but do we have any reports of numbers, if any, that were asked to leave?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There was mention of turning away people with a temperature. Obviously we won't get names, but do we have any reports of numbers, if any, that were asked to leave?

I didn’t notice any temp checks being taken around our entrance to the ESL.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
I didn’t notice any temp checks being taken around our entrance to the ESL.

Since I know that we came through the same entrance, I was scanned by a steward by what (being technologically challenged) I will call a flashing stick. It looked like what was used at airports when you get pulled over, but if it was a metal detector it was shit as I had a pocket full of change and keys and it never went off. That leaves explosives or temperature?

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Since I know that we came through the same entrance, I was scanned by a steward by what (being technologically challenged) I will call a flashing stick. It looked like what was used at airports when you get pulled over, but if it was a metal detector it was shit as I had a pocket full of change and keys and it never went off. That leaves explosives or temperature?

When I was being scanned, the device went beep beep and had to show the steward my front doot key from the pocket that had caused the beeping.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
When I was being scanned, the device went beep beep and had to show the steward my front doot key from the pocket that had caused the beeping.

Ah. So a malfunctioning metal detector then :lolol:

Still, we can't have people bringing keys to football.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea

They use them at a lot of premier league away grounds

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here