Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nutty Rules for Attending the Amex

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
They used the same metal detector swipes they’ve been using in 1901 for ages. Always makes me laugh as they detect keys and phone and (until today) never ask you to get them out.

And I didn’t see anyone being temperature checked. Did anyone?

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
I know that, but it doesn't change the fact that the rules are "nutty". In the concourse you could stand an eat or drink (without a mask obviously), but if you weren't doing either of those things you had to wear a mask. Where's the logic in that? Fortunately the club were only paying lip service to most of the rules. Very little imposition of the mask rule in the concourse. No one trying to impose it when you left the stadium. Sensible approach by the club. Do and say all the right things, however nonsensical, to get the game approved, but then take a common sense approach to imposing the rules.

But the point is when you are walking around you are passing others but when you are drinking and eating you should be observing social distancing. Combination of both rules should make it workable other than those that chose to ignore it.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
They used the same metal detector swipes they’ve been using in 1901 for ages. Always makes me laugh as they detect keys and phone and (until today) never ask you to get them out.

And I didn’t see anyone being temperature checked. Did anyone?

It was only supposed to be a random check.....although maybe very random?

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
It was only supposed to be a random check.....although maybe very random?

Maybe just one person doing it?

Speaking of which did anyone else see the cleaning lady come round giving the railings and random seats a quick wipe over. It was so token as to be laughable. I doubt she cleaned even 1% of the surfaces. Perception of doing something rather than actually making any difference I guess. Either that, or she got lost?!

Postman Pat

Jul 24, 2007
Coldean
Maybe just one person doing it?

Speaking of which did anyone else see the cleaning lady come round giving the railings and random seats a quick wipe over. It was so token as to be laughable. I doubt she cleaned even 1% of the surfaces. Perception of doing something rather than actually making any difference I guess. Either that, or she got lost?!

I did think disinfecting the goal posts and corner flags at half time was a bit weird.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
I did think disinfecting the goal posts and corner flags at half time was a bit weird.

No surprise. They did all that during the mid-half drinks breaks they imposed after the restart in the PL last season as well. Just that the cameras stayed on the players and managers while they did it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Since I know that we came through the same entrance, I was scanned by a steward by what (being technologically challenged) I will call a flashing stick.

maxresdefault.jpg

They should adopt these on the way out. Make you forget every lousy game and result, and send you on your way home in a better mood for the rest of your weekend.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Where we were in upper east they disinfected the hand rails at the end of the row and thought the guy doing did what was expected, ie where people would have put their hands.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
What a terrible way to treat a 9 year old kid. Not necessarily blaming the person implementing the rules, more those responsible for drafting them. Covid has affected all our lives massively in negative ways and by and large people have accepted what we have been asked to forgo and sacrifice with stoicism and understanding. But when you start turning 9 year old kids away from a football match running at 8% capacity with people not even allowed to sit side-by-side you realise how shit this all is and it won’t be long before people start saying enough is enough. Insane.

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
Sorry if this is FIXTURES but wasn't the checks, (everyone around me was checked for ID and it matching the ticket) about the ability to track and trace people. I am sure government guidelines would be about having a record of who attended and sat where. They did stipulate this.

Maybe ..but then there needs to be some tweaking of the rules otherwise you are possibly alienating a group of society

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Sorry if this is FIXTURES but wasn't the checks, (everyone around me was checked for ID and it matching the ticket) about the ability to track and trace people. I am sure government guidelines would be about having a record of who attended and sat where. They did stipulate this.

But I’m sure the kid wasn’t there on their own? If I’d taken my two children it’s pointless having their ID for track and trace as there is no means by which to contact them. If people want to contact my children they need to contact me or their mum first.

Horton's halftime iceberg

Blooming Marvellous
Jan 9, 2005
Brighton
But I’m sure the kid wasn’t there on their own? If I’d taken my two children it’s pointless having their ID for track and trace as there is no means by which to contact them. If people want to contact my children they need to contact me or their mum first.

Yes but they have no way of knowing that is that persons child, without some check. I am sure this is part of the government stipulation for allowing the game with crowds to go ahead. Al the Kids going in around us had photo ID. #Modernlifeisrubish Just the world they live in now.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
I have to say that was as good as can be.

The trains were a bigger issue than the concourses and not the Falmer / Brighton ones. There and back those were ok. However, Coastway West going onto and out of Brighton were overcroweded and not with football fans. Lots of day trippers, big groups of under 30s or teens and smaller family groups heading to / from a bank holiday weekend day out in Brighton.

I do hope that if there is a "spike" from this weekend then as much track and trace as can be done is done and checked back against the football attendees. I felt safe all the time in the Amex and caught up with quite a few good people from a safe distance. I could have done without the entitiled Hove Mummies and groups of teenage skaters on the train though.

A positve word for the NSK too - great atmosphere considering. I thought singing would be banned. I reckon 6-7000 people at the Amex would not only be doable but a good laugh as well - that wasn't my position last week.

I noticed this when I got on at Portslade, the Portsmouth service was absolutely rammed with Day Trippers it’s always a busy line on a Saturday so I can see that being a issue, I don’t think it helps that the West Worthing services have been cancelled as a Covid measure

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Yes but they have no way of knowing that is that persons child, without some check. I am sure this is part of the government stipulation for allowing the game with crowds to go ahead. Al the Kids going in around us had photo ID. #Modernlifeisrubish Just the world they live in now.

Oh. Well, yes I understand what you are saying. How sad and policed our lives have become in such a short space of time. I take my kids to restaurants (well, ok, Pizza Hut but it’s almost a restaurant) and do the T and T thing without having to prove they are my kids. I guess if we just accept these rules we have no one to blame but ourselves ultimately. I think common sense and some trust needs to be applied now, but I’m not a government scientist or Minister.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here