Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nutty Rules for Attending the Amex

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
What a load of absolute b*ll*cks!

It is, the club haven't said anything of the sort. What they have said is that if you need to move past someone, do it with your back to them. Doesn't say they have to turn around so their back is also to you.

Mischief making by Mademoiselle Thunder Bolt.

Westdene Seagull

aka Cap'n Carl Firecrotch
NSC Patron
Oct 27, 2003
The arse end of Hangleton
So don’t charge money then.

If this is a social experiment then anyone going should be permitted to get in free. The media will just say what they want with no comebacks anyway - they have done during this whole thing.

I totally agree with OP. Ridiculous set of rules and ones which would be totally unrealistic on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Obviously the alternative is that if you don't like the charge or the rules then .... well .... don't bloody go !

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
Get used to it. For months now where-ever we go to eat etc. over here, me and the Mrs have to sit on opposite corners of a huge table, with plastic screens and stuff between us. The fact we were making out 10 minutes ago and will be doing far more than that 10 mintes after leaving make it all utterly pointless in the restaurant or cafe.

But rules are rules and maybe everyone would just say they're married when not to get around it if you got two categories. Or then what happens if just a relationship etc. Where is the line drawn. And would seeing other people allowed close together, make other types of groups relax their care.

Making out :)

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
In which case we'd better all stay indoors every winter in case we catch flu. And never cross a road ... big dangerous vehicles might knock you down. And never use a knife ... might cut your poor little finger. And never again fly in an aeroplane.

Life is full of risks. It's about managing them so that we can get on with our lives.

I’d suggest asking an adult to help you.

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
In which case we'd better all stay indoors every winter in case we catch flu. And never cross a road ... big dangerous vehicles might knock you down. And never use a knife ... might cut your poor little finger. And never again fly in an aeroplane.

Life is full of risks. It's about managing them so that we can get on with our lives.

Go directly to the bear pit. Do not pass go do not collect a match ticket.

OR : understand this is a trial with govt imposed rules to see if we can get football going with fans present again. Rail againzt restrictions all you want but the club is simply trying to prove spectators can be allowed safely.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
This. OP muppet

No he isn’t.

He makes perfectly valid points. The inconsistencies are ridiculous - as they are in daily life when dealing with this. There is no way that social distancing will work properly with 2500 fans attending a football match - as others have pointed out.

This is a debate amongst fans. Calling someone a muppet just because you don’t agree with them isn’t contributing much.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I'm wondering who is responsible for the nutty rules governing seating arrangements for the friendly against Chelsea? I'd assumed that they would only use alternate rows of seats, and that fans registered at the same address would be able to sit together, with the booking system automatically blocking out the required number of empty seats to either side of each group. Then everyone can use the empty rows to access their seats safely. Easy!

But instead they've distanced EVERY individual, and used ALL the rows, making access as difficult as possible while denying families the right to sit together. This is nuts.

They've also introduced Wembley's nutty rule on bag sizes, with an A4 template (21cm x 30cm x 21cm). There are NO bags available in this size. The ones that claim to be A4 are actually much larger, but have been designed to take A4 documents comfortably. Most shopping bags and carrier bags will not fit into this template. The only bags that will fit are some of the smallest of womens' handbags. Nuts.

‘with the booking system automatically blocking out the required number of empty seats to either side of each group’

That’s a simple thing to say but if the system does not have the capability to do it then it can’t be offered. I can imagine from a systems development and general ticketing admin point of view it would be much simpler to block the seats in between as not for sale or unavailable than have an algorithm to calculate empty seats either side

WilburySeagull

Sep 2, 2017
Hove
No he isn’t.

He makes perfectly valid points. The inconsistencies are ridiculous - as they are in daily life when dealing with this. There is no way that social distancing will work properly with 2500 fans attending a football match - as others have pointed out.

This is a debate amongst fans. Calling someone a muppet just because you don’t agree with them isn’t contributing much.

It may be a debate among fans but some dont seem to understand the rules are govt imposed and the club has no leeway. Or do you expect the club to ignore the rules and for the whole trial to fail with no spectators in future?

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
No he isn’t.

Think post #2 says it all really :shrug:

How does the club build things up to some semblance of normality if they don't build things up from baby steps? Far rather take my cue from the club's carefully planned, er, planning than from some whiney little bitch making their debut post on NSC from mum's spare room

Last edited:

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
I'm wondering who is responsible for the nutty rules governing seating arrangements for the friendly against Chelsea? I'd assumed that they would only use alternate rows of seats, and that fans registered at the same address would be able to sit together, with the booking system automatically blocking out the required number of empty seats to either side of each group. Then everyone can use the empty rows to access their seats safely. Easy!

But instead they've distanced EVERY individual, and used ALL the rows, making access as difficult as possible while denying families the right to sit together. This is nuts.

They've also introduced Wembley's nutty rule on bag sizes, with an A4 template (21cm x 30cm x 21cm). There are NO bags available in this size. The ones that claim to be A4 are actually much larger, but have been designed to take A4 documents comfortably. Most shopping bags and carrier bags will not fit into this template. The only bags that will fit are some of the smallest of womens' handbags. Nuts.

Stop f*****n complaining. Life’s too short. Be pleased you are part of innovation.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex

How does the club build things up to some semblance of normality if they don't build things up from baby steps? Far rather take my cue from the club's carefully planned, er, planning than from some whiney little bitch making their debut post on NSC from mum's spare room

Post #2 and most posts thereafter.

I wonder if the OP’s second post will be about not signing Messi, Brexit or BLM

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton

I have an A4 bag...

jabba

Jul 15, 2009
York
It's a test. If things don't work well better to find out now than later. Can be adjusted in time. I'm guessing the argument is that can sit without masks (as distanced) but must wear mask otherwise (when difficult to keep distanced)

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex

Not your finest hour....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
‘with the booking system automatically blocking out the required number of empty seats to either side of each group’

That’s a simple thing to say but if the system does not have the capability to do it then it can’t be offered. I can imagine from a systems development and general ticketing admin point of view it would be much simpler to block the seats in between as not for sale or unavailable than have an algorithm to calculate empty seats either side

Wouldn't it work a bit like Windows minesweeper

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
One of my phobias is of having things in my pockets. Like, sandwiches, reading glasses, wallet, water bottle, sunglasses, phone, pens, toothbrush, medications, book, more medications, spare book, waterproofs, just the usual stuff you all take to the football.

Are you going to football or a camping holiday? :lolol:

Winker

CUM ON FEEL THE NOIZE
Jul 14, 2008
The Astral Planes, man...
This is a test event to show the Government that it is perfectly safe for football fans to return to games.
If people start whingeing, whining and kicking off then it will screw it up for the whole country, not just B&HA.
If you don't like the rules then don't go.
(If you feel the need to take a bag with you then sellotape a couple of sheets of A4 paper together and put your stuff in that)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here