Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Nutty Rules for Attending the Amex

Scoffers

Jan 13, 2004
Burgess Hill
Great thanks, so I am assuming we'll see you there then ???

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
I'm wondering who is responsible for the nutty rules governing seating arrangements for the friendly against Chelsea? I'd assumed that they would only use alternate rows of seats, and that fans registered at the same address would be able to sit together, with the booking system automatically blocking out the required number of empty seats to either side of each group. Then everyone can use the empty rows to access their seats safely. Easy!

But instead they've distanced EVERY individual, and used ALL the rows, making access as difficult as possible while denying families the right to sit together. This is nuts.

I assume the club is still working on a booking system to accomodate groups of fans (up to five) sitting together. The size of the groups will impact the capacity for starters.

I think tomorrow is a test of 'customer flow' (in concourses etc) and not seating arrangements.

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I'm wondering who is responsible for the nutty rules governing seating arrangements for the friendly against Chelsea? I'd assumed that they would only use alternate rows of seats, and that fans registered at the same address would be able to sit together, with the booking system automatically blocking out the required number of empty seats to either side of each group. Then everyone can use the empty rows to access their seats safely. Easy!

But instead they've distanced EVERY individual, and used ALL the rows, making access as difficult as possible while denying families the right to sit together. This is nuts.

They've also introduced Wembley's nutty rule on bag sizes, with an A4 template (21cm x 30cm x 21cm). There are NO bags available in this size. The ones that claim to be A4 are actually much larger, but have been designed to take A4 documents comfortably. Most shopping bags and carrier bags will not fit into this template. The only bags that will fit are some of the smallest of womens' handbags. Nuts.

To bring fans back you need to start with the greatest chance of a successful outcome.
This test is not about families or fan comfort.
It's about proving it's possible and safe.

The reason everyone is socially distanced, and families are not together, is about the appearance and signal it sends to the country. How it looks in the media, beyond Brighton and certainly beyond football.
The whole event has to run flawlessly or we'll be set back another 6 months.

Can't treat it like a regular match day family outing. Not this one.
If things go well we can learn and move on from there.
Then, over time, I've little doubt they will test and implement the opportunity for households to sit together.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
They've also introduced Wembley's nutty rule on bag sizes, with an A4 template (21cm x 30cm x 21cm). There are NO bags available in this size. The ones that claim to be A4 are actually much larger, but have been designed to take A4 documents comfortably. Most shopping bags and carrier bags will not fit into this template. The only bags that will fit are some of the smallest of womens' handbags. Nuts.

I hope this stops when normality resumes, and Covid 19 isn’t a TROJAN HORSE to ban my leather accessories. My man-purse will just about make it through the template....but nothing else will.

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
Who the F@^k takes a bag to football ??? I can understand night games straight from work but really on a Saturday afternoon.

Some people work Saturdays and might go straight from or to work. Are they okay to you?
But apparently most people work from home now anyway, are they allowed or not? Maybe They can on weekdays but not weekends?

Your rules are confusing!

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat

They've also introduced Wembley's nutty rule on bag sizes, with an A4 template (21cm x 30cm x 21cm). There are NO bags available in this size. The ones that claim to be A4 are actually much larger, but have been designed to take A4 documents comfortably. Most shopping bags and carrier bags will not fit into this template. The only bags that will fit are some of the smallest of womens' handbags. Nuts .

Signed A.Steward .

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

super-seagulls

Soup! Why didn’t I get any Soup?
Feb 1, 2011
Probably working!
I hope this stops when normality resumes, and Covid 19 isn’t a TROJAN HORSE to ban my leather accessories.

Are these classed as accessories now?
B760C7F6-3B76-4098-9C9A-AE5FB1D74566.jpeg

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
To bring fans back you need to start with the greatest chance of a successful outcome.
This test is not about families or fan comfort.
It's about proving it's possible and safe.

The reason everyone is socially distanced, and families are not together, is about the appearance and signal it sends to the country. How it looks in the media, beyond Brighton and certainly beyond football.
The whole event has to run flawlessly or we'll be set back another 6 months.

Can't treat it like a regular match day family outing. Not this one.
If things go well we can learn and move on from there.
Then, over time, I've little doubt they will test and implement the opportunity for households to sit together.

So don’t charge money then.

If this is a social experiment then anyone going should be permitted to get in free. The media will just say what they want with no comebacks anyway - they have done during this whole thing.

I totally agree with OP. Ridiculous set of rules and ones which would be totally unrealistic on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

nickbrighton

Feb 19, 2016
So don’t charge money then.

If this is a social experiment then anyone going should be permitted to get in free. The media will just say what they want with no comebacks anyway - they have done during this whole thing.

I totally agree with OP. Ridiculous set of rules and ones which would be totally unrealistic on a regular basis.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

why should it be free? because a few small minded individuals cant bear to be sat 4 seats away from each other? If you don't like it don't go simple.

Just because its a test event doesn't mean the stewards, caterers, and all don't have to be paid.That money has to come from somewhere.

The result of this test event could well see other clubs in the lower leagues being able to have fans attending matches,quite soon to the seasons start and that could well be the difference between survival and oblivion for league one and two clubs. I for one am grateful that our club has been chosen as the test bed, and think that a £10 , and not being able to bring my holiday luggage in to the stadium is worth it. With a bit of luck if all goes well the next one will be 5000 fans attending, and then 10 000. It has to start somewhere though, and I am really pleased it starts with The Albion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here