Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Numbers on the back of the new shirts are very difficult to see.

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Yes, the way our players inter-change positions during the game must be terrible for those who can't tell LL from Greer.

But some players who play nearby actually do look similar. I think it's a legitimate complaint, I reckon at least 50% of the people in the ground wouldn't be able to name the starting XI from watching a warm up alone.

Guy Fawkes

The voice of treason
Sep 29, 2007
If you can't tell who someone is by just looking at them, even from a distance like the WSU, then clearly you are a JCL and therefore not worthy of knowing

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
Then from personal experience, and from hearing plenty of misdirected angry in the last 2 years, many people including myself are guilty of not paying attention!

I challenge anyone to distinguish El-Abd and Bruno from 150 yards. Even the BBC Sussex commentators had considerably difficulty at Crawley, I think the entire squad was read out within the first 10 minutes.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
If you can't tell who someone is by just looking at them, even from a distance like the WSU, then clearly you are a JCL and therefore not worthy of knowing

Whilst I detect some sarcasm in your post it's not far off the mark, anyone who seriously cannot identify the majority of the squad from a photo/training session doesn't go to enough games. As far as im concerned turning to your mate and saying 'Who's that chap wearing number 9 Ernie?' and Ernie picking up his program to check is the biggest JCL giveaway going.

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Also, the numbers that are being used at the moment aren't the final ones, are they? The ones that are on the replica shirts do have a bit of an outline. The ones on the back of the shirts used in the friendlies so far have been lacking the outline.

They usually use different numbers for pre season and ds games, for example

Ogh shirt from Sussex senior cup final
7a7agagu.jpg

El Abd league match worn shirt
ragu3ege.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
New players maybe. But not being able to spot someone like El Abd who people have watched run around every other weekend for 10 years clearly means they have not been paying attention.

Yeah if you see a diving bald bonce from 200 yards away you should know it's el-abd. If you confuse him with, say, Bruno, you are a terrible fan and should hang your head in shame.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
They usually use different numbers for pre season and ds games, for example

They used the yellow numbers with the dark outlines for the Crawley game eariler this week.

Capture.JPG

For the first away game in 2011 they used white numbers on the green and black shirts;

football_shirt_28514_1_376x450x0.jpg

They were virtually invisible so they changed to the black ones for the next game.

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
They used the yellow numbers with the dark outlines for the Crawley game eariler this week.

For the first away game in 2011 they used white numbers on the green and black shirts;

View attachment 45193

They were virtually invisible so they changed to the black ones for the next game.

I'll see your Sparrow and raise you a Harley :D
2uja9yve.jpg

Didn't know what numbers have been used in preseason this year 'cos I've not been to any *badfan* :( but in previous years its always been different numbers

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
I'll see your Sparrow and raise you a Harley :D

Didn't know what numbers have been used in preseason this year 'cos I've not been to any *badfan* :( but in previous years its always been different numbers

Think they tried plain yellow for Lewes, which was the Dev Squad, then the league official numbers for Crawley

I think a pair could win it:

football_shirt_28514_1_376x450x0.jpg extra_football_shirt_10250_2.jpg

and a Leo:

football_shirt_27906_2_376x450x0.jpg

upthealbion1970

NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Think they tried plain yellow for Lewes, which was the Dev Squad, then the league official numbers for Crawley

I think a pair could win it:

You're such a show off :lol:

But yes your pair + Ulloa beats my Harley :)

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
New players maybe. But not being able to spot someone like El Abd who people have watched run around every other weekend for 10 years clearly means they have not been paying attention.

But what of you are an opposition fan and part of the enjoyment of watching matches is identifying the players your team is up against?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
The yellow numbers and name sets were pointless this evening, completely illegible from the WSM, just as well,I could recognise the players in the first half. At least when the subs started in the second half they had the away kit on and the numbers/names were easily readable.

AIT76

The wisdom of a fool
Jul 29, 2004
My kids identify the players by the colour and brand of their BOOTS - something I barely even notice. A generational thing perhaps.

No-one should have any problems with Bruno this season, his boots are so bright you can see them from space.

Petunia

Living the dream
NSC Patron
May 8, 2013
Downunder
No-one should have any problems with Bruno this season, his boots are so bright you can see them from space.
They are a bit lairy:)

goldstone

Jul 5, 2003
The yellow numbers and name sets were pointless this evening, completely illegible from the WSM, just as well,I could recognise the players in the first half. At least when the subs started in the second half they had the away kit on and the numbers/names were easily readable.

Yup, at Crawley they just had numbers. The names are, if anything, even more difficult to read. Disaster. Fix it!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here